OOC: Breeze shootin' and lollygaggin' go here

matt_s

- @prophane heal for 1 total, yes

- @Bobcloclimar i think interrogate or intimidate are fairly close fits for what you are trying sadly both are default IQ-5 and the roll was pretty high. Basically the balance of terror is very much in Davy's favor right now. Basically the goal of the bandits (and this is fairly obvious to you guys) is to save their skins without selling out Davy which to them carries consequences worse than death...

On 1/14/2024 at 1:22 PM, Bobcloclimar said:

poking around for a trail, then sending the AFK members back with the bandits.

2 hours ago, DM-Tareth said:

Malakai tries to recall hearing anything about a local bandit called Davy or any incidents that would fit the obviously murderous scoundrel's modus operandi.

ok, post you searching for a trail and then someone needs to roll tracking or similar (depending on how strained the skill application is I might give you a -2)

there was some lore earlier in the IC thread about Davy but you'll get a bit more because of the roll, I'll write that up tonight ideally.

Tonight's update will be you packing off the prisoners, Davy info, and getting ready to set off.

@matt_s So as of the moment, Malakai isn't deputized or otherwise tied to the group with a good reason to join up. I'm thinking that maybe Davy and his gang could have been responsible for killing someone, stealing something important from, or otherwise doing something nasty to the preacher or his daughter, Kitty, who Malakai wants to marry? With that roll, he could connect the dots and by doing so, wrangle a spot on the posse in order to try and win a little good will. Just an idea to try and tie Malakai with the others a little more.

as a heads-up Artsmythe/J.J. messaged me saying they are dropping from the game.

i updated you guys pushing onwards tracking on horseback and there's a few rolls to make as well.

8 hours ago, Bobcloclimar said:

Sledge is injured, Malakai is a better shot, so I guess Mickey is on point?

that's fine with me, generally i'll be fairly permissive with stuff like that and generally assuming a good baseline level of character competence.

i'll try to get a post up tomorrow. A 5 on the check is enough for recall of things that are important and if you have specific questions I'll answer them if they aren't exceptionally esoteric although your answer if it's not overly story relevant could be "you know the mannerisms and greetings appropriate to these strangers" and other vague things.

• 3 weeks later...