OOC: Breeze shootin' and lollygaggin' go here

matt_s

Do I owe you anything specifically beyond another round of NPC posts?

ok, we have posts from DM-tareth, you, and artsmythe. @Bobcloclimar are you still in?

I'll try to push us forwards this weekend, should have kicked the tires on how things stand earlier...

So Sloan has definitley taken a hit but he is still at positive HP and the fight has not gone completely out of him.

He's ready to take a swing at the nearest bandit at his first opportunity, just let me know when it's his turn again!

had some trouble with the dice roller, but got it to work. rolled a crit hit 4!!

not much damage, but hopefully the crit hit helps!

and for some reason, my character image keeps getting messed up when I clone the post. it's so strange.

I've reloaded the image so many times.. hmm

and the link to his character sheet keeps changing to that of the active story thread.

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

i believe a crit of 4 is auto-hit (no defense roll) and then the damage as rolled. I think crush is just 1.0x damage, this are just normal grunts with nothing special to them.

no idea what's with the sheet and image stuff though

Ahh, in GURPS Lite, a critical hit gets no defense and on a 3rolls the maximum damage possible, on p27. roll of 4 gets normal rolled damage.

Normal GURPS uses a Crit Hit table with all sorts of other results...

image.png.9075879c61830a386633317fd21b7459.png

with one shot up badly, another getting clobbered, and then the third having a bullet crack past their skull way too close for comfort, along with Malakai's arrival, they'll pack it in. IC post soon.

also @prophane checking the crit table, everything seems to be strictly better than the default result. Feel free to roll on it for your melee attacks in the future. I suppose the shooters can as well but an auto-hit from a firearm is going to knock down or at minimum severely inconvenience NPCs already.

if you have a specific approach and corresponding skill you'd like to roll against when questioning the bandits let me know. Unless you are doing something that's really a stretch, it'll be a neutral roll.

You'll definitely get useful information, the question is how thorough of an answer.

ok, to prod people along for a bit, a few options

- you can continue to wheedle information out of the bandits. Let me know how you are approaching the questioning (forceful, manipulative, sweet talking) and I'll let you roll an appropriate skill. Their default set of answers is whatever they think will save their skins. That much is obvious to you.

- you can return to town with the captured bandits

- you can summarily execute the captured bandits, turn them loose, or have the "afk" party members return them to town for you

- you can try to follow the trail of the main gang of bandits

- you can investigate the train for any clues