Game Discussions

dtspurrier

I’ve been trying to keep track of magic items and who has them so hopefully in the future I can try and put things in loot that might benefit certain PCs that may not have made it in the modules. This doesn’t include consumables,

Iodás (Rudolf's warlock)

• halberd +1

Luciana (Malkavian Grin's paladin)

• +1 dagger
  • +1 light shield - glows when gripped tight

Dianora (Morphling's purloiner)

• Ring of Feather Walking

Dathan  (dtspurrier's druid)

• none

Zalven (VennDygram's illusionist)

• none

Unclaimed

• +1 pterydactyl leather armour
  • 5 radiation grenades
  • ring of feather walking
  • ring of invisibility

Lost

• Dagon’s harness - +1 scale mail; water breathing (as the spell, at CA 9 capacity) once per day
  • +1 Laminated armor
  • Thorn - +1 broad sword; a Viking it has +2 damage

i think this is accurate for who has what.

Edited by Saltimbanco (see edit history)

1 hour ago, VennDygrem said:

Honestly, It's been a minute since I've played a full-on wizard type. Martial types can pick armor and weapons more easily, even if there's a lot to choose between. I don't really know what's available, let alone what would work well for me. I suppose I can go scroll shopping, but I don't know much besides that (and besides, there are still only limited level 1 illusionist spells I want or can cast from spell slots).

I think scrolls are the way OSR mages get to do more things. I did put the illusionist scrolls in earlier and will seed more of both kinds of magic. I think in general, you could pick up some darts and use those and the sling. You made good use of the glowing orb earlier.
Once Zalven talks to Iodás you’ll know you’re up against humans down there so your spell list is pretty good for that.

6 hours ago, Rudolf said:

What if I put pants on instead? ; )

Oh, fiiiiine 😂

2 hours ago, Saltimbanco said:

There are those radiation grenades you identified 💥

"War crime" 'nades lol

16 minutes ago, Saltimbanco said:

I’ve been trying to keep track of magic items and who has them so hopefully in the future I can try and put things in loot that might benefit certain PCs that may not have made it in the modules. This doesn’t include consumables,

Iodás (Rudolf's warlock)

• halberd +1

Luciana (Malkavian Grin's paladin)

• +1 dagger
  • +1 light shield - glows when gripped tight

Dianora (Morphling's purloiner)

• Ring of Feather Walking

Dathan  (dtspurrier's druid)

• none

Zalven (VennDygram's illusionist)

• none

Unclaimed

• +1 pterydactyl leather armour
  • 5 radiation grenades
  • ring of feather walking
  • ring of invisibility

Lost

• Dagon’s harness - +1 scale mail; water breathing (as the spell, at CA 9 capacity) once per day
  • +1 Laminated armor
  • Thorn - +1 broad sword; a Viking it has +2 damage

i think this is accurate for who has what.

I have a magic dagger??? Huh. Also no Thorn my beloved! How lost is "lost"?😵

22 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:

Also no Thorn my beloved! How lost is "lost"?😵

I guess that depends. Do you plan on going back down and kicking cultist ass? 😂

42 minutes ago, Malkavian Grin said:
3 hours ago, Saltimbanco said:

There are those radiation grenades you identified 💥

"War crime" 'nades lol

Radiation Grenades

A radiation grenade is a two-pound, egg-shaped metal cylinder topped by a stem through which a small lynchpin is inserted. When the pin is pulled free, the wielder must hurl the bomb within 1 round or it will detonate in hand; i.e., it explodes on impact if hurled, but if gently placed or held, a 1-round delay elapses before it detonates.

A radiation grenade can be thrown to range 30/60/90. The wielder must designate a target or target area. If the target is missed, the bomb lands 3 feet away for every point missed on the d20 attack roll; the direction should be determined randomly by the referee. A radiation grenade issues a 20-foot-radius blast that causes 5d4 hp damage to all within the area of effect (avoidance saves allowed for half damage). Even if saves are made, exposure to the blast also poisons its victims: Make death (radiation) saves or suffer a wasting disease that kills victims in 1d12+12 days, unless cure disease or neutralize poison is cast. This weapon also can be used to blast open doors, destroy small structures, and so forth; inanimate objects require item saving throws to avoid destruction.

7 hours ago, Saltimbanco said:

I guess that depends. Do you plan on going back down and kicking cultist ass? 😂

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Ok, one grenade each!

I vote Zalven gets the ring of invisibility, he’s fragile.

@dtspurrier Interested in pterodactyl armor?

Good with all/any of that. I'll mark down a 'nade on my inventory.

I vote "not it" for the other ring since someone else will do better with it. Dianara?

3 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Wispy?

Ephemeral?

I made a meme about the radiation grenades. So many comments are going on and on about how a simple healing spell or cute disease would instantly reverse radiation damage.

I keep telling people magic works differently in different game settings (shh don't tell em it's an osr system!).

At least I'm doing a little karma farming lol over 500 upvotes right now.