Out of Character

Green Eyed Liar

Posted (edited)

It is still early in the morning, like about 9:15-9:30. The only problem with going home is it gives old Graulgust (the morlock cultist that has been giving you guys fits) a chance to heal. That is not to say that you should not go home. However, it is why he was at full hp when you encountered him this time, though he is a lot more hurt now.

Also, Janos is down to 12 of 22 hp.

On another topic, I just got my digital copy of Monster Core. I like it alot. One of the things I like about rpgs is discovering new creatures and figuring out their strengths and weaknesses. Finally figuring out how to beat a troll's regeneration is one of my favorite rpg memories. A lot of the creatures have been redone and have new strengths and weaknesses. For instance, on the paizo blog they introduced the new base line ghoul. Ghouls exist in literature, but paralyzing their opponents is a uniquely D&D thing, so they have a new ability instead. Another change, to my brief skimming so far, is that golems no longer exist as a creature type, though most of the individual golems are still available as colorfully named creatures like Charnel Creation, Clay Effigy, Iron Warden, and Stone Bulwark. They just don't have a universal set of skills/traits (other than the construct traits).

When Player Core 2 becomes available in August, what do you think about rebuilding all of your characters?

Edited by Green Eyed Liar (see edit history)

Cool, cool. :)

hmm, sure I'm all for adding, revising with new material

we feel healed up enough to risk trying to track that nasty caster mans down to finish him?

(Not to like make him of Finnish decent, but like... )

Zum can do Battle Medicine on J and M. He will then have one left to do on one person later.

He also has a "party potion of healing" and I'm assuming that's the weakest one. Will check.

16 hours ago, Green Eyed Liar said:

When Player Core 2 becomes available in August, what do you think about rebuilding all of your characters?

I'm all up for it. Not really happy about how Rok works as he's very reliant on reactions and reaction gameplay in PbP is not very intuitive. Also it looks like "tanking" isn't really working so well because AoOs are not really a thing anymore.

Personally would love to bring Alva back, but we got a barbarian in the team already...

14 hours ago, noozoo said:

Zum can do Battle Medicine on J and M. He will then have one left to do on one person later.

He also has a "party potion of healing" and I'm assuming that's the weakest one. Will check.

Sounds good, let's roll

Zum has a "potion of healing" recorded as group treasure. I'm sure he got it not long ago. GEL, Can you recall what level of potion it is?

On 3/24/2024 at 2:48 AM, tom_gore said:

I'm all up for it. Not really happy about how Rok works as he's very reliant on reactions and reaction gameplay in PbP is not very intuitive. Also it looks like "tanking" isn't really working so well because AoOs are not really a thing anymore.

Personally would love to bring Alva back, but we got a barbarian in the team already...

The effectiveness of tanking depends on your point of view. When I am running intelligent opponents, such as the morlocks, I really put a lot of thought into what I am doing, and Rok frequently makes all of my choices losers. When Rok raises his shield, I have to weigh the disadvantage of striking at an AC that is two higher than everyone else only to have some or all of the damage negated by a shield block versus attacking the easier targets and having some of that damage negated and likely incurring a MAP free strike. Crazy dice rolling has probably created the illusion that tanking is not working, but it has. I will definitely concede that it is different than in first edition.

However, I can understand if you don't like how a reaction heavy class works. It does leave a lot of the decision making up to me.

To be honest, though, when running unintelligent opponents, I usually pick the person who did the most damage last turn.