Out of Character

Green Eyed Liar

I'm waiting to post after the others, fyi. In case they let Zum know about Rok's condition and need him to move back to help. I know Janos has Battle Medicine, though.

Mic surely hit. Just 4 or 5 dmg.

If can get rid of foe. He has an elixer

Source Core Rulebook pg. 548 4.0
Price 30 gp
The elixir restores 3d6+6 Hit Points and the bonus is +1.

19 hours ago, tom_gore said:

Yes and I think it can actually be used after the failed roll that would take you to Dying 4.

By the way do we still check to stop persistent damage even when unconscious? If yes, here's the roll for Rok:

Stop Bleeding1d20 6 6

Hey what do you know? Another sub-10 roll :D

I'm spending all those from the randomizer so the GM can keep rolling over 10 on everything and critting us every 3 hits or so :D

Not bitter. Nuh-uh. Not the least!

You definitely get to roll to stop persistent damage while unconscious.

Sorry about the dice rolls.

Haha as if you could do anything about them :D

This is one of the reasons I've moved away from D20 systems in my own games. It has absolutely no predictability unless your modifier is so enormous the roll doesn't even matter. Also why I like 5E D&D since the advantage/disadvantage is much better than say, +2/-2 extra modifier to your roll. Two dice is still a bit unpredictable, but it's a lot more predictable than one dice.

But it is what it is for Pathfinder, and unlikely to change since PF is the system where people disgruntled by D&D go to :D

Posted (edited)

The five hp was not sufficient to kill the morlock.

Personally, I like that criticals in Pathfinder can frequently be made/avoided by acquiring those modifiers, while they are always random in 5e. As a group, we don't do much to create those modifiers, which means everything is random for this group. This is likely my fault, due to my sporadic (at best) posting, and for that I apologize. I think it likely that if I did a better job of running the campaign, you guys could better explore the tactical side of this game, and find ways to better mesh all of your abilities into creating some of those bonuses. I imagine it is very hard to remember what is going on in some of the battles with the number of times I have made only one post, and sometimes less, per week.

For that I definitely apologize.

Edited by Green Eyed Liar (see edit history)

Yeah I've read that PF2e expects a lot more tactical thinking and plainly put, metagaming from the players. Meaning they would actually plan their actions with each other in regards to what actions they will take, where they will position themselves, etc.

To be honest, that is pretty hard to do in a pbp environment if we want to keep the game pace rolling forward.

On top of that, planning characters to complement and support each other from the get-go is also the way to go in PF2e I hear.

I agree. On all counts. And i still likes it all. :)

i have, a few, Cleric characters i really like the flavor of. And have been looking at dual weapon warrior archetype for Double Slice. With an agile weapon, it's like 5e Advantage except roll twice and take both. Yes please

Edited by Cleric8092 (see edit history)

So the Raging, fevered, bleeding, sickened and mentally damaged (!) Zum has thankfully lost his bleeding condition. Things can only get better from here!

4 hours ago, Cleric8092 said:

I agree. On all counts. And i still likes it all. :)

i have, a few, Cleric characters i really like the flavor of. And have been looking at dual weapon warrior archetype for Double Slice. With an agile weapon, it's like 5e Advantage except roll twice and take both. Yes please

Yeah nothing wrong with it. The disliking the lack of a bell curve is just a personal preference. And I'm a big fan of the action economy system.

Guess if we wipe at some point we just need to dig a bit deeper and optimize our party a bit better, and then perhaps we need to set some standards of what our battle tactics should be etc.

I think play style is different in play by post. Much of the synchronous chatter of a table top game is reduced by the asynchronous nature of PBP, and I don't think we could ever reach the same levelf of communication - and it would slow the already slow nature of PBP way too much if we did.

Nothing wrong with better planning, and more communication is always better than less.

Yeah that's why we need some "doctrines" that we will at least try to adhere to. That would help us predict what each of us is going to do during the turn.

Posted (edited)

Rok is conscious and has 9 hp. He no longer has Dying 2 nor Unconscious. He is still Prone and now has Wounded 1.

Regaining his feet will be 1 action, as will picking up his weapon/shield.

I do think some tactical planning can take place. And I think there is some great overlap. Three of you function best in melee, which is dangerous. Rok's Retributive Strike helps the other two stay safe, and his shield block helps keep him safe. When both reactions are available and triggered, I am working to optimize and pick which reaction is best for the round. It does require raising a shield every turn, but that also helps keeps you safe (and you can make an attack without MAP frequently with Retributive Strike).

Edited by Green Eyed Liar (see edit history)