Two floors done

Rakle

Day 4 8am

Dreams came to everyone last night. This time the dreams were same for everyone. Once again everyone relived the ghostly events from the prior day. . .

You are seething with rage. Your spouse has betrayed and humiliated you. Grabbing a hatchet from the wall display, you threaten them. They sit at their desk and laugh at your threats. Suddenly the ax blade swings down lops off their hand. Who is laughing now...? Grabbling the severed hand, you rush down the hall and toss the hand into the fire pit.

Suddenly the cold reality of what you have done hits you. Rushing to your room, you call for the Majordomo. Both of start to quickly pack. The two of you need to escape with the children before anyone can retaliate. . . the dream fades away to be replaced by another one.

------------------------------------------------------

Your arm still aches from losing your wrist. Reading books has become a difficult and time consuming chore. Taking a break from reading, you step out of the office to stretch your legs. Then hear noise from wife's workroom. "It had better be a mouse" you tell yourself in anger since all of the servants have been banned from this floor. You rush into the room, and find a chamber maid. Before she react or explain, you attack her. She quickly falls to the ground. Then you use your rage, weight and strength to quickly choke her death.

Standing back up, you look down at the dead woman. A wicked smirk crosses your face. Grabbing her hand, you start pulling the corpse. Time to get back to work...

The next morning everyone rises and completes their morning preparations. What is on today's agenda? Going to basement? Going to the upper reaches of the house? Some more research?

Show this

Hoog: Hero pt 1 / 60 of 60 hp

Paim Hero pt 1 / 44of 44 hp

Galgalion: Hero pt 1 / 42 of 42 hp

Dom: Hero pt 2 / 60 of 60hp

Ginni: Hero pt 2 / 32 of 32 hp

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)

Hoog Cuttlescar half orc LG Champion 4

Hoog rubs his eyes and shakes his head. Surprising a yawn due to the fitful rest, he begins his morning prayers, taking extra time over the morning to try to banish the memories of such ugliness.

Once he has his center, he sets out his repair kit and looks to Dom or Paim. Are either of you any good at this?

Statblock

AC: 22 (24 with shield) / HP: 60/60 / F +11 R + 7 W + 8/ Perception + 6/ Conditions: none / Class DC: 18/ Shield stats: Hardness 5 HP:9/20 broken / Reactions: retributive strike, reactive shield, shield block / Focus points: 1/1 (LOH + 12 HP) / speed 25 / Divine blade - disrupting +1d6 vs undeadHALF-ORC.jpg.b70a652cf99d577ea57583b669f48ebc.jpg

Edited by The Great Randini (see edit history)

pxJRp1W.jpg

Ginni and Ghostie

Ancestry: Gnome
Background: Occult Librarian (Secrets of Magic pg. 29)
Class: Sorcerer (Hag)
Name: Ginni Gigglebox

Albino Raven Familiar Ghostie

Raven
Creature -1
Tiny Animal
Source Bestiary 2 pg. 221 2.0
Perception +5; low-light vision
Skills Acrobatics +5, Thievery +5
Str -3, Dex +3, Con +0, Int -4, Wis +3, Cha +0
Cunning - A raven can use simple items as tools, such as poking a stick at an opening to tease out a piece of food. They are also quite adept at stealing objects. A raven can't use Thievery to Palm an Object, Disable a Device or Pick a Lock, but it can use Thievery to Steal light objects that it can carry in its beak or talons or to accomplish other relatively simple tasks.
AC 15; Fort +2, Ref +7, Will +5
HP 21
Speed 10 feet, fly 40 feet
Melee Single Action beak +7 [+2/-3] (finesse), Damage 1d6 piercing

Familiar Abilities (4)
Flier 25'
Darkvision
Fast Movement
Tough

When Ginni awoke she looked at the others, she then knew that they had all had the same dream, again. Speaking to them she asks "up or down guys"?

Edited by paladinred (see edit history)

image.png.edc23df0b8f6bb61eb38a9c5dbb60941.png

Dom - Human Fighter 4

HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3  | Spell Slots: 1/1

Perception: +9 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Dom rose from his sleep and shook off the violent images. He had of course chopped off a limb or two in his own time, but it was always in defence. Never over some slight or argument. He took some breakfast and Hoog appeared with his repair kit, he was glad of the distraction.

"Hand it over here and let us get your shield back in shape. As for up or down, I guess down to the basement is best, I hope the attic is empty, but I doubt we will have such luck!"

He set to work, mending the shield. He is surprisingly quick, and the shield is in much better condition once he is done (repair 10 HP in 1 minute)

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)
Name
Quick Repair (Crafting)
1d20+6 14

image.jpeg.5241627e0dca5d5edbd1bb6e16ba1f09.jpeg

Paim Jewlock

Ancestry: Gnome (Sensate)
Class: Druid(Medic)

AC: 19 (21 shield) | HP: 44/44 Perception: +12 | Conditions: none

Paim will do some more research in the evening before going to bed.

"I think we best check upstairs first," Paim said in the morning after she prepared her spells, "We've been going up the last day, so I think we best continue and then go down."

She thought a bit more.

"I've also had a dream about Paracount Xarwin looking at detailed maps of the region, looking at old and new maps and searching for an old compound of the Order of the Starless Night. This manor might actually be build on it, or close to it, so that's probably in the basement... or below it."

Hoog Cuttlescar half orc LG Champion 4

Hoog's tusks jut out somewhat comically in his attempt at a grin...it's obviously not a typical expression on his dour face. Not just a door-kicker, I see. Thank you, Dom. You should hang on to that repair kit...I'm useless with it anyway.

With a nod at Paim, Hoog beings making preparations to break camp and head...up.

Statblock

AC: 22 (24 with shield) / HP: 60/60 / F +11 R + 7 W + 8/ Perception + 6/ Conditions: none / Class DC: 18/ Shield stats: Hardness 5 HP:9/20 broken / Reactions: retributive strike, reactive shield, shield block / Focus points: 1/1 (LOH + 12 HP) / speed 25 / Divine blade - disrupting +1d6 vs undeadHALF-ORC.jpg.b70a652cf99d577ea57583b669f48ebc.jpg

Dom - Human Fighter 4

HP: 60/60 | AC: 22 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3  | Spell Slots: 1/1

Perception: +9 | Fort: +10 | Ref: +8 | Will: +9 

Dom decided to try to make himself a shield with what he had left. His own metal shield was too damaged to repair, but some of it could be used to reinforce some wood and allow him to hold it like a shield. Even just having a piece of wood between him and the monsters that dwelt here would give him some comfort. As a result he spent a little while attempting it, while the others made their daily preperations.

Name
Build Shield (Crafting)
1d20+6 1

The party has two stairs that go down. One is connected to the kitchen. The other was connected to the library with the vampire mists. It was one of the doors crit opened by Dom.

Which stairs is the party taking?

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)

Hoog Cuttlescar half orc LG Champion 5

Hoog rises from his morning prayer renewed, and looks anxious to get going. Shall we use these stairs in the library, that Dom so expertly opened up for us?

Statblock

AC: 24 (26 with shield) / HP: 78/78 / F +13 R + 8 W + 10/ Perception + 8/ Conditions: none / Class DC: 20/ Shield stats: Hardness 5 HP: 20/20 / Reactions: retributive strike, reactive shield, shield block / Focus points: 1/1 (LOH + 18 HP) / speed 25 / Divine blade - disrupting +1d6 vs undeadHALF-ORC.jpg.b70a652cf99d577ea57583b669f48ebc.jpg

Paim Jewlock

AC: 22 (24 shield) | HP: 58/58 Perception: +13 | Conditions: none

"As we don't know where the stairs end up, it doesn't really matter," Paim said, "so sure, library is okay."

She will follow the rest of the group.

Edited by farothel (see edit history)

Day 4 8:05 am

Returning to the library on main floor, the groups takes the stairs down. The stairs descended into dark basement room. The walls are brick. Underneath your feet are flagstone. Eight feet overhead are huge timbers which support the manor.

The appears to have been once used in the repair and maintenance of books and scrolls. A pair of desks stand in the east side of this room—one a writing desk and the other a bookbinding worktable. To the north, a cabinet with cracked glass doors shelters a collection of writing implements. A large nook to the west is filled with shelves containing mildewed parchments, paper, and bookbinding supplies.

Ooc:

1. The party will need to supply their own light in this room.
  2. I will update the stats on roll20 & below when everyone is leveled up.
  3. Hero pt awarded to Hoog.

Stats

Hoog: Hero pt 2 / 60 of 60 hp

Paim Hero pt 1 / 44of 44 hp

Galgalion: Hero pt 1 / 42 of 42 hp

Dom: Hero pt 2 / 60 of 60hp

Ginni: Hero pt 2 / 32 of 32 hp

Dom - Human Fighter 5

HP: 78/78 | AC: 24 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3  | Spell Slots: 1/1

Perception: +11 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9* | Will: +11* 

Dom moved down the stairs, feeling naked without his shield. He didn't want to show that fear to his allies so he moved to the front as he led them down to the basement room. There he stopped and waited for his eyes to adjust.

"I can't see a damned thing. Anyone have a torch?"

Paim Jewlock

AC: 19 (21 shield) | HP: 44/44 Perception: +12 | Conditions: none

"I have a magic one that doesn't go out," Paim said, taking it out of her backpack and lifting it high up (as high as she can go).

"I'll fix it to my backpack so I can keep my hands free. Or if you protect me, I'll keep it in my hand and you can use my shield. Or you hold it, also fine with me."

Dom - Human Fighter 5

HP: 78/78 | AC: 24 | Speed: 30ft | Hero: 2/3  | Spell Slots: 1/1

Perception: +11 | Fort: +12 | Ref: +9* | Will: +11* 

Equipped with Paim's Wooden Shield

Dom looks at the shield and nods enthusiastically.

"I will take your shield, and I will be your shield and you can be my eyes! Team work is important!"

He pulls the shield onto his arm and feels much better!

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)

Hoog Cuttlescar half orc LG Champion 5

This seems a fine place to gain more knowledge of this place, if you would like to do more research. Dom, perhaps we should make sure there are no surprises before they look through these papers.

Hoog moves over to the desks and begins touching the tools for bookbinding and any implements.

Perception

Statblock

AC: 24 (26 with shield) / HP: 78/78 / F +13 R + 8 W + 10/ Perception + 8/ Conditions: none / Class DC: 20/ Shield stats: Hardness 5 HP: 20/20 / Reactions: retributive strike, reactive shield, shield block / Focus points: 1/1 (LOH + 18 HP) / speed 25 / Divine blade - disrupting +1d6 vs undead / Hero pt - pan widget

Name
Perception
1d20+8 14