Dice thread

Vladim

Not entirely sure how this works, I think I need to make a post first. I'll be going for an Awe roll since thats listed as 'impress strangers while revealing a lot about yourself'. He isnt asking for support, so courtesy is out, and he isnt trying to be deceptive or withhold information, so Riddle is... out? In that case, I will also invoke Fierce, since he is trying to look a bit more impressive than he is, being entirely new to this thing, and spend a point of Hope, which should add 2d6 instead of 1d6 since invoking a Train Inspires you. If you feel Fierce doesnt fit well here, @Vladim, please disregard the final d6.

EDIT: Apparently it doesnt tell you what the individual die rolls actually are... This may be a problem since we need to count tengwars, but I guess even if it was a 6 and you remove it from there, its still a 16.

Edited by Diofant
Clarification on dice roll (see edit history)
Name
Awe, TN 14
1d12+4d6 [[8],[3,3,5,3]]

I don't think there is any way of seeing the individual rolls at present (the article on the dice tower says that this is certainly the case for Fate dice, so  I assume it's the same for others too).

[edit]  Actually, you can see the results of individual dice.  On desktop, simply hover the cursor over the individual entry in the Roll column (so in Dio's post, the bit that reads 1d12+4d6) ... I assume that on touch devices, then you'd do a long press or something.  See the attached screenshot below.

1386072731_Screenshot2022-06-22071930.jpg.ac603daa19de4d78e7034d8264a057e3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so here's the rules: we're travelling through border lands, so I must make a Favoured feat die roll and apply the results. So let's see what happens.

Edit: Ok, since 11 is a Sauron, the worst outcome, the 6 is the better results. Cross-reference the tables and it's: a Mishap. If the roll fails, +1 day to the journey, and the target (hunter) gains +1 fatigue. Also, +2 fatigue for everyone.

Name
Feat die
1d12 [[6]]
Feat die
1d12 [[11]]

Ok, so no time for a proper IC, but I can roll for the journey stuff.

First, let's select targets (1d6).

Edit: A 1, so it's the Scouts this time. Then, determine event. We are still travelling through Border lands, so a favoured Feat die.

Edit 2: Ok, so it's a 10. Fatigue gain is +1. In addition, the entry says 'Chance Meeting': If the roll succeeds, no Fatigue is gained, and the GM improvises an encounter favoring the company.

Name
Targets
1d6 [[1]]
Feat die 1
1d12 [[6]]
Feat die 2
1d12 [[10]]

@thesloth finally, I'm at a computer, so I can check those results. Basically, an Extraordinary Success for investigating the lights, and a failure (with a Sauron) for the Journey event. I'll need to check the rules to see what these do in second edition, but I will let you know in the in-game post!

I have also been authorized by @Yelik to roll Frida's dice as she's busy so I'll do so below.

Edit: 2 Failures, unfortunately. I'll try to have an IC post up today or tomorrow.

Name
Investigating the lights (Explore, TN 16)
1d12+1d6 [[1],[6]]
Journey event (Explore, TN 16)
1d12+1d6 [[9],[5]]

Stealth roll with boots if Vladim permits - since this is an out of combat roll, and they are soft-sole boots I listed in Char profile as the Stealth bonus item.

So thats 5 and 6 on Feat, taking the 6, and then a tengwar, a 5 and a 2. Should be a Great Success.

Edited by Diofant (see edit history)
Name
Favoured Stealth Feat Die 1 + d6s
1d12+3d6 [[5],[6,2,5]]
Favoured Stealth Feat Die 2
1d12 [[6]]