The Web of All Torment - IC

cailano

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

Ysabel is just behind Chard as they leave the kitchen. She recoils with a scream as the patrons, some of whom she considered friends over the past year, tore themselves apart and erupted into crimson demon monkeys!

She looked up the stairs and saw... a horrific, if somehow still attractive(?), Ms. Alice! She pulled the coin from her belt and held it tightly in her hand, she hoped that if it could break whatever held then before, maybe it could help her cast. She adjusted the grip on her cleaver and licked her lips, the old familiar taste of iron took her back to her childhood. The anger from that time was the slightest of boons as it helped to balance out the fear.

Ooc

She had a -1 to agility... so yea her init is 3???

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)
Name
INIT ROLL!
1d20 4

"The Beggar?" Quin repeats. His mind spun from the overload of information as they headed out of the kitchen/slaughterhouse. Then the barflies ripped off their faces to reveal demonic chimps. Strangely enough this cleared his mind for the moment. He didn't need to think about this. He understood this. It was time to fight or die. "I'm never storing my armor again" He groans as the fight begins

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck10/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

init

burn 1 pt of luck to get +2 to init to improve it to 15. (Init 15).

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
init
1d20 13

Flickwit

You dart behind your friends and see Ysabel holding an extra cleaver. Knowing full well that she's not the kind to go wading into battle swinging a weapon in each hand, you grab it by what little of the handle is exposed. For her part, Ysabel hands the cleaver over without objection.

OOC: Flickwit used his action to move behind his friends and to take the cleaver from Ysabel so he won't be able to get in range to attack this round.

“Okay everyone, to battle! We've done this before and we can do it again!” After a short speech, Chard moves to a demonic chimp and with a flourish, attempts to slash it with his cleaver.

Edited by Elysium777 (see edit history)
Name
Roll
1d6 1
Roll
1d5 5
Roll
1d20 18
Roll
1d6 5

Chard swings hard at one of the Regulars, and the demonic chimp raises its arm to intercept the blow. The cleaver sinks an inch into its forearm but no further. These monsters are made of denser stuff than humans.

The monster howls in rage and pain.

** OOC: Regular 1 takes 5hp damage, 18hp remaining. It has an AC of 14.

The Regulars attack Chard like starving men would attack a side of meat. They've been wanting to do this for a long time and they lash out with savage claws.

OOC: Chard takes 7hp damage, but that's not all. The Regulars attempt to rip chunks of flesh off him with their claws. Chard has to make a DC 12 Fort save to avoid it. There is one save needed for each hit, so two altogether.

Name
Regular 1 attack
1d20+5 18
Regular 1 damage
1d6+1 1
Regular 2 attack
1d20+5 17
Regular 2 damage
1d6+1 4

image.jpeg.e37cda82f6054a86c95ecdf39ac00720.jpeg

Shaun

Seeing his friends spring to action, Shaun stays just behind them and slaps the side of his head a few times to clear the proverbial cobwebs - with his free hand, importantly.

"Think, think! How did this go?"

He then reaches out with the same hand and mutters arcane gibberish, trying to will to being an achingly familiar yet elusive magical effect through his outspread, bony fingers, aimed at the demonic chimps.

"No, no nonono..!" the man babbles as he feels the spell start slipping away. Refusing to fail his friends, he lowers his mental barriers and allows the raw magical power coarsing through him to sear his very being.

The spell goes off, not with a bang but a whimper reminiscent of a shy fart. Out of that poor showing comes a single, colored arrow that whips itself into the front line of battle and strikes one of the demons clawing at Chard.

OOC:
Burning 3 Luck (13 -> 10) for a Spell Check result of 12.

Regular 1 must make a Will save or be blinded for 1d4 rounds.

Per Breath of Life mercurial effect, all within 15' of Shaun are healed 1d6 HP. I imagine that also includes the demons.

Name
Spell check at -1d to cast Color Spray
1d16+4 5

Flickwit has been in several scrapes before, though he avoids confrontation on principle - I’m not a coward! I just conscientiously object to violence! - he has a feeling that this might be one of those situations where running away might make things worse. So, he does the other thing he’s good at: slipping into the shadows and waiting for the perfect opportunity to be useful!

OOC: Flickwit attempts to sneak behind the Regulars, and waits for an opportunity to Backstab.

spacer.png
It was time. Finally time to spill blood in the name of her God. Time to reconcile with her lost months. Time for sweet revenge served piping hot.

Dalia moved forward to help Shaun, engaging with the red furred ape-demon. The tenderizer was held high over her head with both hands.

"Spill blood for my master! Die for Cthulhu!" she screamed, bringing the mace-like hammer down.

OOC

I'm welding my weapon in both hands. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I didn't have my rules here.

Not going to matter since i just rolled a 1.... Awesome 😱

Name
Mace attack and damage
4; 3
1d20+3;1d4+1 [1]; [1,2]

No battle cry spring from Quin's lips. He just springs into action. Rushing up to wounded demonic chimp, he slashes at its face with left cleaver and then at its gut with his right cleaver. Maybe he can bypass the creature's defenses.

Quin  30' darkvision AC10 HP15/15 R+2 F+1 W+2 Mvmt: 15' Luck10/11 Cleaver d20+3; d6+1; Cleaversx2 d16+2; d6+1; javelin d20+2; d6+1

Name
cleaver 1: atk dmg
9; 7
1d16+2;1d6+1 [7]; [7,6]
cleaver 2 atk; dmg
11; 6
1d16+2;1d6+1 [9]; [9,5]

1 hour ago, Malkavian Grin said:
spacer.png
It was time. Finally time to spill blood in the name of her God. Time to reconcile with her lost months. Time for sweet revenge served piping hot.

Dalia moved forward to help Shaun, engaging with the red furred ape-demon. The tenderizer was held high over her head with both hands.

"Spill blood for my master! Die for Cthulhu!" she screamed, bringing the mace-like hammer down.

OOC

I'm welding my weapon in both hands. I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I didn't have my rules here.

Not going to matter since i just rolled a 1.... Awesome 😱

Time for a fumble roll!

token_2.png.930781e0176929eb2acb9e70dda37b10.pngYsabel

Wizard 3

Str: 4-3 (-2)

Agi: 7 (-1)

Sta: 6 (-1)

Per: 11 (+0)

Int: 11 (+0)

Lck: 9-2 (+0)

Spellburn: Str -3

Ysabel looked at the would be owner of this establishment as the others began to fight the demon-monkies. "You! Are you the one who stole our time!? Or did you just take advantage of anothers work!!! No matter, I will see your thread severed for all eternity!" She pulled her cleaver across her palm, her mind already wrapping her essence with the magic she uses. Her veins pulse toward the cut as she speaks out in tongues and holds her bleeding hand up.

From her cut, blood bubbled forth and glowed with magic! The crimson streames glowed with a bailfull light as they began to ignore gravity and wrap together. In midair, in a hearts beat, her blood wove itself into three eagles who screamed as they took flight and aimed for the Deamon Alice!

Ooc

Attempting to cast Magic Missile with spellburn. 3 Strength!

After roll: Dumping 2 Luck to make it an 18!!!

Edited by Taigains (see edit history)
Name
Magic Missile: SB3str
1d20+3 13
Manifestation
1d10 4
Number of Missiles
1d4 3
Damage per Missile
1d4+3 2

Shaun's Color Spray spell washes over the first of the Regulars, but the demon-chimp shakes it's head and seems unaffected.

** OOC: Regular 1 just barely makes its save. In Dungeon Crawl Classics, the save DC is equal to the spell check.

Name
Regular 1 Will Save DC 12
1d20+3 10