Character Creation Questions & Answers

Steel Warrior

11 minutes ago, 8w_gremlin said:

Oh sorry, I thought that was the one I was meant to use.
As for the fiendish template is https://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/fiendishCreature.htm

I'm happy to change anything, the Coloniser (leadership) concept was going to be more "off-screen" unless GM wanted to bring it in.

Ah ok, I think the RLA reduced the default fiendish creature to LA +1 and you would take it at 1st/2nd level since it's an inherited template. Not that it matters in the end lol.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

So for the following racials.

At 2nd level it can paralyze even creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves, and it no longer takes penalties for moving at full speed while hiding.

At 2nd level, it can stun a creature normally immune to paralyze, but they gain a +5 bonus to their saves, and no longer take penalties for moving at full speeds. Creatures immune to both stun and paralyze, are considered prone instead on a failed save.

At 3rd level it ignores Freedom of Movement effects on its enemies when grappling them, and its tentacles inflict an automatic Dimensional Anchor on grappled enemies as long as the grapple lasts.

At 3rd level it can ignore Freedom of Movement effects on it's enemy when making a contested monster level check while grappling them, and it's tentacles have a chance to inflict an automatic Dimensional Anchor as the spell on grappled enemies while grapple lasts. Spell Resistance (yes).

Spend a feat for
Deceivingly Innocent Form[Monstruous]
"Oh, so cute... OH GODS SHE ATE JACK!"-random commoner

Prerequisites:
-Levels in a monster class.
-11+ Charisma.
-Must have consumed fresh flesh from an humanoid killed by yourself.

Benefit: As a fullround  action at will you can turn yourself into an almost humanoid form of medium size or small or back. The size you turn into, as well as minor details like hair and skin color, face, height and others must be decided when you gain this feat and cannot be changed afterwise, altough growing old, scars, make-up and other such factors may still change your Deceivingly Innocent form.

You also retain some of the characteristics of your normal monster form, be it animal ears or horns, wings at your back, unnatural body part colors or other such cosmetic effects. You can control those characteristics to some extent, like gaining fur or scaled skin if you had them before, but you cannot fully supress them. They're  enough that your original shape can still be discovered by a sucessfull knowledge check with as if you were in your normal monster form, but the DC is 10 higher. You also gain a +10 bonus on disguise checks to pass as an humanoid. Otherwise you can perfectly mix in the middle of humanoid communities whitout atracting (too much) unwanted atention just by your looks, as long as you remember to wear some apropriate clothes to the region of course.

Unlike alternate form and change shape, you retain your full abilities and stats besides your old size modifiers (your natural weapons still deal damage as if you were your previous size). Abilities demanding a certain body part adapt to your deceivingly innocent form, usually by instantly changing shape when needed and then back. So your fingers would extend itself and become razor-sharp if you had claws, your jaw could extend itself to monstruous size if you had a bite attack, and so on. You can also now perform fine manipulation and speak if you couldn't before. You retain any equiped items as long as both your forms had slots for them.

This is considered to be your normal shape as much as your monster shape. You don't change back into an anti-magic field nor does true seeing reveals your other form.

So... My first thoughts are leaning towards being a Fiendish Sirine (From MM II) /Siren but they don't have a LA because MM2 was the weird child. *sighs* though I'd say its probably at most a +2 (mainly due to its Int drain ability and an 11 hour mass charm person) but they're a fey (instead of Mon Human) though innately have less hit dice (4 v 7) but a better stat line then harpies.

I could Make a Fiendish Dragon... maybe go Wildshaping ranger with Wizard on the flipside or just go ranger and go violently Against outsiders... hmmm.

13 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

So... My first thoughts are leaning towards being a Fiendish Sirine (From MM II) /Siren but they don't have a LA because MM2 was the weird child. *sighs* though I'd say its probably at most a +2 (mainly due to its Int drain ability and an 11 hour mass charm person) but they're a fey (instead of Mon Human) though innately have less hit dice (4 v 7) but a better stat line then harpies.

I could Make a Fiendish Dragon... maybe go Wildshaping ranger with Wizard on the flipside or just go ranger and go violently Against outsiders... hmmm.

MMII Errata
Sirine: Fey; 5 ft./5 ft.; 5/cold iron; Concentration +7, Heal +10, Hide +11, Perform (dance) +18, Perform (sing) +18, Swim +15, Survival +10; Combat Expertise, Dodge; LA +4; Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works exactly like the druid's wild empathy class feature.

They are CR 5, So RLA adjustement I would go with 4d8 plus LA +2 for ECL 6. You can choose to add Half-Fiend template for LA +3 for a total of ECL 9.

9 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

Sirine: Fey; 5 ft./5 ft.; 5/cold iron; Concentration +7, Heal +10, Hide +11,
Perform (dance) +18, Perform (sing) +18, Swim +15, Survival +10; Combat
Expertise, Dodge; LA +4; Wild Empathy (Ex): This power works exactly like the
druid's wild empathy class feature.

So 4 HD +2 LA
+8 Dex, +2 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha
Gets Wild Empathy:
Charming song, Int Drain (1d4), Soothing Touch (1d6 Sirine damage only), Deflection (Charisma), SLA: 1/day Polymorph (self only), Fog Cloud, Improved Invisibility
Class skills of Concentration, Heal, Hide, Perform (Dance, Sing), Swim, Survival
Racial +8 to Perform.
(probably Amphibious?)
Half Fiend is better then and keeps her below 10

Edited by Lunermist (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

So 4 HD +2 LA
+8 Dex, +2 Int, +6 Wis, +6 Cha
Gets Wild Empathy:
Charming song, Int Drain (1d4), Soothing Touch (1d6 Sirine damage only), Deflection (Charisma), SLA: 1/day Polymorph (self only), Fog Cloud, Improved Invisibility
Class skills of Concentration, Heal, Hide, Perform (Dance, Sing), Swim, Survival
Racial +8 to Perform.
(probably Amphibious?)
Half Fiend is better then and keeps her below 10

They are aquatic, but not amphibious oddly enough.

Aquatic Subtype

These creatures always have swim speeds and thus can move in water without making Swim checks. An aquatic creature can breathe underwater. It cannot also breathe air unless it has the amphibious special quality.

You can take the amphibious template -2 dex, +8 swim checks, take 10.

Just now, Steel Warrior said:

They are aquatic, but not amphibious oddly enough.

Aquatic Subtype

These creatures always have swim speeds and thus can move in water without making Swim checks. An aquatic creature can breathe underwater. It cannot also breathe air unless it has the amphibious special quality.

You can take the amphibious template -2 dex, +8 swim checks, take 10.

Alright, and would we consider a Monstrous Prestige class aka Siren, a prestige class for progression? mainly asking cause 3.5 thrives on prestige classes.

2 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

Alright, and would we consider a Monstrous Prestige class aka Siren, a prestige class for progression? mainly asking cause 3.5 thrives on prestige classes.

I already knew you were going to ask, and it's fine lol. Since it's a PRC, you can't take a PRC on the other side of the gestalt at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Steel Warrior said:

I already knew you were going to ask, and it's fine lol. Since it's a PRC, you can't take a PRC on the other side of the gestalt at the same time.

Figured but never hurts to ask, anyway can I get that progression template, cloning hasn't been working for me for like a month.

4 minutes ago, Lunermist said:

Figured but never hurts to ask, anyway can I get that progression template, cloning hasn't been working for me for like a month.

Are you pressing the image.png.e42a1e240bfb519a881ca5c1a88b24c2.png after hitting clone at the bottom of the post you want to clone?

If you still have trouble, let me know what classes you are taking so I can get the right format etc.