Blaeringr

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER
Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG
HP 16/16 AC: 15  Speed 25ft
Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6
Class DC: 17
Spell Slots: 3  Focus points: 1/1
Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

Weylin sets about gathering supplies. purchasing rations, and, uncertain what else to get, asks around with other travelers and adventurers to see what might be helpful for the area they were headed towards.

Negotiations for pay was commonplace in the Alucian gladiatorial ring, the bigger the show, the more excited the fans, the more they spent on beer, food, merch, and betting pools. The dragon-blodded sorcerer put the charm on, going the smooth-talking route this time around.

Name
Caravan roll
16; 27; 18
1d20+7;1d20+7;1d20+7 [9]; [9,20]; [9,20,11]

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek gives Chelia a simple nod of thanks for finding a caravan, then busies himself with work. When he has time, he thumbs through his crafting book, considering the goblins' plague and what alchemical curatives might apply to it.
Name
Caravan
repeat(1d20+7,3) 6,9,15

2nd of Renewal, year 20

The caravan sets off early in the morning, just after sunrise, from the North Gate. There is still a bit of winter in the early morning air, but the day quickly warms with the sunny weather.

The caravan master is Kalen Foar, a man in his thirties. He's a busy guy, but has several assistants that help keep things running smoothly.

The caravan includes a dozen wagons, two of them belonging to Oli Sourous, a familiar figure to Weylin. The wagons are carrying a variety of goods, including tools, clothing and textiles, fresh ocean fish, various preserved foods, and even one with a bunch of fresh fruit - an unexpected commodity on the second day of Spring (the calendar starts on the first official day of Spring).

The first day passes without incident, a long but easy trek through gently uphill, fairly even land, passing farms and orchards, often with a good view of the river and lake.

By early evening, the caravan is making camp on a small hill just North of Rabbit Lake, which is completely thawed this time of year - it usually only freezes over for a bit more than a month, according to your fellow travelers, and usually not thick enough to support a horse.

There is an inn about a quarter mile further up the road, but the caravan prefers often used camp sites, and all the wagons seem to easily convert into makeshift little huts. There's even room for caravan guards to sleep under extendable roofs from the wagons, which looks fortunate due to the dark clouds slowly approaching from the South West.

Kalen Foar approaches Maybell and asks if she'd be willing to provide some tales and entertainment before retiring for the night.

Oli starts things though, settling in near the main fire, and telling stories about the magical experience of the Alucian arenas: great performance combat; of bets won and lost, and great heroes whose careers began there.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 2/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 0/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 2/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 0/1

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

Maybell for her part relishes the opportunity to perform but also to listen in on a performance. As Oli talks of the Alucian arenas, she's sure to listen in with sharp ears open and imagination let to wander wild. Letting the words of the man paint a picture and provoke emotions so the memory of the tale lives on a bit more clearly in her mind. Little by little does she expand her font of knowledge and her repertoire of stories in this way.

Once it is time for her to perform, she decides on a tale not her own... rather, one passed down by her family from the old world. Of a merchant prince and his caravan traveling through the desert, the mountains and jungles in search of treasures to present to a grand mage's daughter, to ask her hand in matrimony. She picks just two adventures of the tale to recite and sing about, making full use of her impromptu stage, using the bow of her viol as a blade prop, her handkerchief as makeshift veil, imitating the manners of the caravaneers as she draws comparisons between the prince's entourage and the other members of the audience and caravan staff. Of course, all quite flattering or fun.

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had let the others organise which caravan to join. He made sure to speak for himself for the position on the caravan. He showed his recently recieved Writ from the guards which went over well. He set to work applying himself as best he could. He enjoyed being on the road, and seeing all the different sights, and the different people who were part of the caravan. He tried to help whereever he could. He kept watch, he helped unstick stuck wagon wheels, he helped lift and carry and haul and passed messages. He was eager to please, eager to get the name of a good worker, and a good companion.

He listened with enthusiasm to the tales around the fire and tried to imagine the great arenas. He listened with a wide smile to the halflings tale, eager to find out what would happen next!

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)
Name
Caravan Work
1d20+7 19
Caravan Work
1d20+7 20
Caravan Work
1d20+7 15

The rain begins that first night, a steady downpour at first. By morning it has settled into a very light drizzle, almost just mist.

It makes a muddy mess of things getting the wagons all moved down off the hill, but the main road to Aldpine is rudimentally paved making travel much easier than getting underway.

The caravan makes decent time despite the weather. Farms grow fewer and further between already as the land becomes more wooded. Here and there the efforts to push back the woods to claim more farmland can be seen. Shepherds with their flocks and herds are becoming more common too.

The light rain subsides by early afternoon.

By evening the caravan stops and sets up camp by a small stream that runs down into a ravine and eventually into the river.

players: please roll survival if you wish to look for useful herbs along the way, or alternatively nature or perception to give a slight bonus to others' search.

also please roll a separate perception check for the evening camp time.

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 2/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 0/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1

Statblock

Maybell knows a little bit about plants, but rather than put her basic experience to test identifying the she instead sits herself somewhere nice and tall with an improvised umbrella to try and spot good patches of herbs for the group. Then she does what she does at night, helping around the camp, chatting with everyone and keeping spirits high with a song or two.

PerceptionHerbs

PerceptionEvening

Name
PerceptionHerbs
1d20+6 11
PerceptionEvening
1d20+6 8

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek nods to Maybell. "Thank you, skald," he says. "Speaking as a healer, I appreciate the support ... although I suspect you are at least my equal at such things. I shall endeavor to do better."
Name
Herbs (includes Maybell)
1d20+8 5
General night perception
1d20+6 10

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

Chelia isn't happy about the rain. While she's used to being outdoors and in the rain, fog or other, that doesn't mean she really likes it. It will also mean she needs to clean her armour a bit extra to prevent rust. She does look out for any herbs that might help (or that they could sell) as she knows the basics of medicine and herblore. If you're in a ruin far from civilisation, you best learn these things. But she doesn't find any.

At night, she does her guard shift without complaining, using her darkvision to peer into darkness. She will also put twigs and leaves on the logical approach paths of the camp so that anybody wanting to approach will make more sound.

OOC

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
survival
1d20+4 1
perception evening
1d20+6 8

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine doesn't mind the rain much. He pulls a hooded cloak from his bag and puts it over himself and his pack. He trudges onward, keeping an eye out for useful herbs, but between the rain and Kek's quick eyes, he doesn't find much useful.

When they set up camp, he suggests he take first or last watch. His eyes are not the best in the dark. At least not compared to some of his companions. He will try his best to keep his eyes and ears open.

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)
Name
Nature
1d20+4 2
Perception
1d20+4 16

The group helps Kek, and they do manage to find some useful herbs, though not a lot.

enough for one batch of anti plague potions. I didn't do any math off the rolls, just going with that. I gotta look up how long alchemical crafting takes.

Khaine ends up taking the early evening watch. Most people are still up and about, the first stars are rising, and one moon (of three) is just visible between some clouds.

Players: something is brewing near your camp this evening but we're still waiting for everything to fall in place. As we wait for all the details, I would like you to roll initiative. Normally this would be a perception check, but you can roll a skill check instead if it fits the situation.

Skill rolls that in this situation you can substitute for initiative in place of perception:

• stealth
  • survival
  • performance
  • other: if you want to make a case for another skill in this situation you know admittedly very little about, I'll hear you out

Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1

Statblock

"Not at all, Mr Kek! I can spot a flower or a weed if you ask me what to look for, but I don't actually know that much about actual medicine. Always had a bunch of family fussing about me, so all of my scrapes got fixed by someone else... and when my little cousins and nieces got hurt, me telling them they were fine surprisingly stopped the bleeding a couple times..." says the bard awkwardly at Kek's mistaken impressions about her healing abilities. It was a bit spooky how she could heal with the word and a bit of magic... but actual medical treatment was a particular blank on her otherwise impressive collection of knowledge.

But, that was during the day... and at night, May tried to find her way back to the same sleeping arrangements as last night... however, something seemed to be amiss...

IniativePerception

Name
IniativePerception
1d20+6 6

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

After helping to secure the campsite by adding noise makers and obstacles around it, Chelia eats and then goes to sleep as quickly as possible as she has a guard shift in the middle of the night. And with a split sleep, you best get as much of it as possible on one of the two sleep shifts you have. Sometimes she feels seeing well in the dark is not the blessing it should be, as they always ask you to stand guard in the dead of night. It makes sense, of course, but that doesn't mean she has to like it.

OOC

Name
initiative (perception)
1d20+6 1