Chapter 1- The First Expedition

Blaeringr

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 21/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 1/3 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine watches as some of the kids return to camp. He takes a second look when it appears one of them that left did not return, he was on his feet and by the children in a moment.

"Where is the last kid? Where is Sammie?"

He heard a howl, coming from the direction of the river. Was it the missing kid, or something worse? He didn't have time to ponder. He called out

"Something is happenin' down by the river! Could be some kid in danger!"

Then moved towards the sound, as he approached, he crouched low. Like a tiger stalking its prey, he wanted to catch whatever was howling unaware. And if it was the kid, a good scare might teach it a lesson about wandering off!

Name
Initiative (Stealth)
1d20+7 15

Our brave adventurers, quick to respond to trouble, find themselves gathered and moving quicker than any of the other caravan guard.

I generally wave the rule about sleeping in armor causing fatigue it's not a fun rule, and I don't believe it's accurate either.

Following Khaine's ears they follow a narrow trail along the stream and down the ravine. Not all the winter snow has yet melted in the shadows of the ravine. With its descent the creek grows wider and swifter.

Very soon everyone can hear Sammie crying. Around a bend and there she is, across the wide stream, clutching a muddy ball in her muddy hands. On your size of the stream is a group of dog sized lizards. Covered themselves in mud, they appear to have just woken from a long slumber. Their ribs visible on their hungry bodies, they are shaking off their slumber and peering hungrily at Sammie just as you arrive.

It appears that Sammie woke some sleeping predators in her trek down into the ravine. No sign of howling wolves though.

Story continued in: Combat - River Lizards

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)

weylin(1).png.e4bb6feffe4438da76babea0d7b960e2.png  WEYLIN "The Drake" RYDER

Half-Orc Sorcerer (Bronze Dragon) CG

HP 16/16 AC: 15  Speed 25ft

Fort 5 Ref 5 Will 6

Class DC: 17 Spell Slots: 3  Focus points: 1/1

Str 10 Dex 14 Con 14 Wis 12 Int 10 Cha 18

Weylin shook off the worry of the howling. A mystery to be solved afterwards. There was a child needing saved, some terrifying beasts to defeat, and comrades to support. "Well, on the bright side, this gives us the opportunity to see how we work together in battle before we get to our destination!" he was trying to keep the mood light-hearted, but his heart was racing....this being his first true, life-or-death situation.

Name
Initiative (perception)
1d20+4 13

Continued from: Combat - River Lizards

The lizards are defeated, and our five adventurers are showing a knack for working together.

On the downside, Kek and Khaine are very messy. Khaine is going to be cleaning bits of lizard meat from under his fingernails for at least a week.

The young girl, Sammie looks around at the five, and the scene they've created from the once frightening lizards. "Whoa..."

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
AC: 17
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

With a proud smile, Maybell approaches the girl together with her companions, giving a triumphant little riff on her viol, humming the tune herself before she speaks "And so ends our performance and nighttime exercise~ How are you little lady? Unharmed, I hope? Good if so! Playing is very important for girls like you... but next time, stay close to the camp and those who can keep your play safe. If there was no warning, those lizards may be nomming on your little legs. Rest assured, however~ No harm will befall you so long as these heroes are out and about~" declares Maybell with a fancy flourish as she points to her brave companions.

kek-tok-sm

Hakaja Kek

HP: 22/22 ~ AC: 18 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +5 ~ Ref: +7 ~ Will: +6 ~ Per: +6

Sheet link

Kek grunts at the girl but leaves the dispensing of advice to others. Instead, he begins gathering up the lizard corpses, rinsing the mud off of each before slinging it over his shoulder.
"I'll need to harvest the venom glands from these before we put them in the stew pot. Properly purified, I can use them to make a mild anaesthetic, or possibly an antivenin."

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

After cleaning off her sword, Chelia looked around and when Marybell was talking about heroes and such, she was a in fact a bit embarrassed. They were hired as caravan guards and that's what they had done. When Kek talked about harvesting poison glands and such, she walked over.

"Here, let me help you with that," she said, "I thought about having lizard stew, but you're right about removing the poison glands first."

OOC

Sammie

"Eeeh! Thanks" her voice a bit sheepish. "My ball" which has floated off downstream by now "really got going when it hit the ravine. Guess it's gone now though.

On the trek back to camp you get to a vantage point where you can finally spot the source of the howling. Silhouetted by a rising moon, a pack of wolves on the opposite side, up the hill not far from where you fought the lizards, are tearing into a similar lizard they hunted down.

Chelia and Kek manage a decent ammount of meat from the fallen lizards - enough to feed your group for five days. You'll probably want to smoke the meat tonight.

Kek manages to gather 2gp worth of alchemical reagents from glands and stuff (with a successful crafting check, 2gp of ingredients makes 4gp worth of alchemical products at market price).

Note: alchemy does not equal chemistry. Chemistry requires precise ingredients to get precise reactions. Alchemy is a form of magical crafting that uses magic instead of chemistry to channel magic energies through reagents and store the effects in a product. It's not the swift spellcasting of a sorcerer that can be slapped out on the spot, but a way for mundane people to gradually coax magic through reagents the way a sorcerer quickly channels it through themself.

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 1[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 15/15 [b]AC:[/b] 17 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 1/2 L1 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 1/1 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 17 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 1[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 17 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 1
HP: 15/15
Spell Slots: 1/2 L1
Focus Points: 1/1
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 17

Statblock

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 1 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 4 Rex 5 Wil 6 Per 6
Speed: 25
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

"Don't worry, you just have to make an even better one next time. Now come along, we'll get you back to camp" says friendly Maybell to the girl, helping guide her back.

As the group inspects and dissects the lizards, Maybell looks over the corpses with a very discerning look, going deep into her reserves of esoteric and natural knowledge and coming up with the only answer that makes sense for them "These are obviously the elusive and mysterious Chupacabras! I didn't think we'd find an cryptic creature from the old world here..." says the little halfling, entirely and completely getting things wrong.

As the group makes their way back to camp she'd go to the ones who were most on the frontline of the fight and offers up "Ah, by the way, given how well you all did... whatever garments and armor got dirty with the monsters' blood and stuff, bring them to me. Maybell's laundry services will get your gear fresh and like new, I guarantee it!" she says, hitting her chest proudly with a closed fist. Time to use prestidigitation.

The camp in general, and Sammie's parents especially, are very relieved when the adventurers return with Sammie very much intact. The young girl retells things from her perspective making the whole ordeal sound much worse than it was.

It goes without saying that your group has earned their double wage, though some in the Red River company seem to think they should also be getting a double wage as well.

The rest of the evening and night goes quietly, especially for the children in the camp whose mood is somewhat damper than before.

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 1

HP: 12/21 | AC: 19 | Speed: 25ft | Hero: 0/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +4 | Fort: +7 | Ref: +9 | Will: +6 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :

Khaine had said little to the girl, allowing the little halfling to do the talking. Instead he took a little time to wash his arms and face in the water. Then he gingerly lifted the leg of his breeches and did his best to clean his wound. Once the girl was safely on her way to camp, he asked Kek for some aid.

"Your poison cure sure helped, but could you help bind the wound too? I figure with your help I won't even be limping by the morning!"

He enjoyed the girls retelling of their first adventure. He had been worried about the girl but it seemed she would be just fine. He was just glad he had noticed her absence in time. Would he have been able to forgive himself if he had not? He settled in to rest, glad of a job well done.

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 1

HP: 17/17 | AC: 18 (19 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 1/1

Perception: +6 | Fort: +6 | Ref: +6 | Will: +4

conditions: none

Chelia didn't have much blood on her armour, but she did give some clothes to Marybell. It was always nice to have clean clothes and that magic cantrip didn't take much time. She would also help with the bandaging of Khaine. Well, look mostly and hand equipment. She knew the basics of medicine but she was always happy to learn more, especially with species she hadn't seen before. While everybody seemed to have the same basic layout on the outside, that didn't mean that everybody was the same no the inside. She also badgered some writing supplies from one of the merchants to make some notes about the eels. She made a mental note to get some writing materials in Aldpine so she could keep a record of all the stuff they encountered and to make some maps.

The following morning she would take her regular position again for the rest of the trip to Aldpine, keeping an eye out for anymore surprises.

OOC