Eye Candy (OOC Thread)

Arklytte

Am I missing an application deadline in this?  Didn't see it obvious anywhere, and don't want to start down the long and potentially very dark path of building a l15 gestalt spheres character if the deadline is looming.  No-one needs their hobby to add that much stress.

Hmm..  Nevermind - just saw a comment to this over on the 'classic' site ad thread.

Edited by CraziFuzzy
Got a reroll on my perception check. (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, CraziFuzzy said:

Am I missing an application deadline in this?  Didn't see it obvious anywhere, and don't want to start down the long and potentially very dark path of building a l15 gestalt spheres character if the deadline is looming.  No-one needs their hobby to add that much stress.

July 10th, according to the calendar. So a bit more than 2 weeks from now.  

Remember - it's all about the fluff over the crunch in this scenario.  

(I gotta give Ark the props for actually using the calendar - I would've forgotten about it LOL)

4 hours ago, Yamazaki said:

(I gotta give Ark the props for actually using the calendar - I would've forgotten about it LOL)

Actually, props should go to @Paxonon that score, since it's only because he used the calendar for his tank game that I was even aware it existed.  😄

9 hours ago, Valdimarian said:

Did Baldur do away with BBCode formatting? 

... I've spent the last TWENTY YEARS trying to avoid HTML! 

Old Man Yells At Cloud GIFs | Tenor

(Also I've just learned you can't just copy and paste the Source code, that breaks images somehow! So even learning HTML wouldn't help) 

PREACH!!!!!

I really dislike this editor.  WYSIWYG editors are, and always have been, suboptimal for...well..literally anything.  The ONLY advantage they have is for mobile, and that's only because of the limitations of the platform.  Considering that, best I can tell, the majority of people who access MW via mobile primarily do so to check in on threads, and make small OOC type posts (rather than actually trying to navigate the complexity that is IC posting in most games), it seems like a rather poor choice.

But, since I'm not the guy in charge, I can only try to work with what is eventually going to be the only choice (that, and bitch vociferously about the damn editor, which I do frequently 🙂).

ProTip, if you copy the source, then repost it into source, you wont see pics initially (I'm going to assume you tried to copy/paste the source of the app template I posted).  Save the post and the pic will be there.  Then you can edit the post and see the pic(s).  At this point, I've gotten used to not seeing my pic when I'm making a new IC post, but I know it's there because the text still wraps around it.

From one old fart grognard to another, dont hesitate to ask questions. I'm (slowly and reluctantly) learning, and if a set in his ways old fart like me can learn, anyone can.  🙂

Protip the second: You can always take posts from OGMW and copy/paste them here (use the actual post, not the code).  It borks some of the formatting, but most of it will come through.  To save yourself some headache, make sure to CTRL+A and set the text color to 'Automatic', otherwise it defaults to black, which is hella hard to see if you're using one of the Dark themes (which I am).

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Arklytte said:

PREACH!!!!!

I really dislike this editor.  WYSIWYG editors are, and always have been, suboptimal for...well..literally anything.  The ONLY advantage they have is for mobile, and that's only because of the limitations of the platform.  Considering that, best I can tell, the majority of people who access MW via mobile primarily do so to check in on threads, and make small OOC type posts (rather than actually trying to navigate the complexity that is IC posting in most games), it seems like a rather poor choice.

But, since I'm not the guy in charge, I can only try to work with what is eventually going to be the only choice (that, and bitch vociferously about the damn editor, which I do frequently 🙂).

ProTip, if you copy the source, then repost it into source, you wont see pics initially (I'm going to assume you tried to copy/paste the source of the app template I posted).  Save the post and the pic will be there.  Then you can edit the post and see the pic(s).  At this point, I've gotten used to not seeing my pic when I'm making a new IC post, but I know it's there because the text still wraps around it.

From one old fart grognard to another, dont hesitate to ask questions. I'm (slowly and reluctantly) learning, and if a set in his ways old fart like me can learn, anyone can.  🙂

Protip the second: You can always take posts from OGMW and copy/paste them here (use the actual post, not the code).  It borks some of the formatting, but most of it will come through.  To save yourself some headache, make sure to CTRL+A and set the text color to 'Automatic', otherwise it defaults to black, which is hella hard to see if you're using one of the Dark themes (which I am).

I chose to avoid dark mode for that reason, but then you are kinda forcing everyone who joins the game to remember not to post in black 😛

Also I tried what you were saying CTRL+A and I see the option you are referring to,the A and [A], but when I di so, it looks like it's already set to automatic.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Since Arklytte included an only slightly-occluded reference to Polyphemus in the overview, I decided we might want someone named Nobody. Lots of fun puns you can do with a name like that! 🙂

6 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

I chose to avoid dark mode for that reason, but then you are kinda forcing everyone who joins the game to remember not to post in black 😛

Also I tried what you were saying CTRL+A and I see the option you are referring to,the A and [A], but when I di so, it looks like it's already set to automatic.

My eyes are pretty sensitive to light (hooray migraines...😒), so when devices and websites and apps all started offering Dark Mode, it was a godsend. 🙂

What I meant (and should have made more clear) was selecting everything via CTRL+A and then manually setting the text color to automatic.  🙂

23 minutes ago, eriktd said:

Since Arklytte included an only slightly-occluded reference to Polyphemus in the overview, I decided we might want someone named Nobody. Lots of fun puns you can do with a name like that! 🙂

Ya caught me.  Well, actually, you caught SensibleCuttlefish, since I stole most of the setup from them.  🙂

But yeah, a riff on Nobody would be hella fun.  😄

On 6/27/2022 at 3:55 PM, GralphidBlackstrip said:

I was tempted to focus on the barroom sphere based fighter who never goes anywhere without his mug of booze. You know, a beer-holder. 

Seriously though (sort of) : Zenobia has self-doubts, maybe even PTSD, that could conceivably lead to seeking solace in alcohol sometimes; I plan to look over Barroom to see if there is anything that resonates with my current view of her character.

AFTER I write her background, which since today is a statutory holiday in Canada, is something I can focus on unlike during the work week when my creativity was kind of subsumed under work pressures.

Edit: A question about your Main Site game forum: when the game gets going later this month, what do you think about putting a rolling thread there for people who dislike the BALDR dice roller? Do you prefer we get used to this new one?

41 minutes ago, dalamb said:

Edit: A question about your Main Site game forum: when the game gets going later this month, what do you think about putting a rolling thread there for people who dislike the BALDR dice roller? Do you prefer we get used to this new one?

My personal preference, if I end up in the game, would be to stick here and get used to or provide the proper feedback for the roller here.  That's what this phase of the BALDR development is all about.

Name
Playing more
3d6+5+1d10 [[4,2,5],[4]]
Playing around
1d20 [[5]]
Playing more
(1d6)*2+1d10 [[5],[9]]

I have quickly learned, currently GMing a game here, that an option of a roll thread on OGMW is a must. The dice roller here just isn't up to snuff yet to handle anything complex (they're working/going to work on it). It might be fine for a few simple character rolls. I would be quite surprised if Ark doesn't share this opinion. 

I would say that doing as much rolling on Baldr instead of OGMW would be in everyone's best interest (especially in helping the devs test things out), but having back-up plans like a dice thread in OGMW, especially for combat-related things, might not be a bad plan.

They've also stated that getting the dice-code features up to OGMW's current state is a 'high priority', so dealing with the lack of rerolls and drop lowest type features may not be that long of a wait.

I do plan on having a dice thread on OGMW.  If people want to use the dice roller here, I'm not going to stop them, but at present, it still doesn't have the functionality/flexibility of the OG site.  As the roller improves, then more and more we'll use BALDR. 

While I do want to help/offer feedback, I'm not willing to sacrifice functionality, or the quality of the experience in the meantime.

The Guildhouse (Pre Game Eye-C) has been created in the Game Forum.  Feel free to roleplay to your heart's content, just be respectful of others.  You're more than welcome to puppet the bartender NPC I created, though the Guildmustress is off limits.  Same goes for any NPC's created by your fellow players.  The Guild is playing things VERY close to the vest, and noone in the hall that you all will have access to knows anything more than rumors, which you all already know.

Regardless, ENJOY!  😄