Okay so we're good.

Scylla: she does notice now and from before a good six-second moment from the Guardbots pausing, the doorway appearing, the door opening, the droids walking through, the doorway closing and disappearing. Six seconds.

1 hour ago, Conaldar said:

Herbert has the key to escape but the droids are coming for him .... I have no problem with Insurgents doing whatever to protect him.

Herbert is apparently smarter than I am, because I still have no idea what the key to escaping is. I mean, it really seems like this might be leading to a "Matrix" type situation where our characters are all actually trapped in a dream/simulation/coma/etc, but I don't know that for sure yet and even if I did that doesn't really tell me how Herbert could "wake up" or what would happen to him if he did. Can I roll an Int check or something to figure out what you think he thinks he discovered? Because when he pretended he figured out what Granny's secret was in my last post he was just bluffing.

Unless the key to escaping is 'Kill Granny', my plan is basically just to have him keep sitting there without resisting the Guardbots unless they actually attack him.

@Bananaphone I need a Persuasion check for Siren and she gets a +2 bonus. She can use Luck to reroll if you like. This decides the behavior of the other inmates vs. your attackers.

@wtaylorjr2001 I need an DC26 check Will or Deception or Insight (whichever is highest). This relates to an upcoming conversation with Blacktop and if Dice fails your character begins to see things Blacktop's way rather than the Insurgents.

@SageBahamut I need an DC26 check Will or Deception or Insight (whichever is highest). This relates to an upcoming conversation with Hellstorm and if Vesanius fails your character begins to see things Hellstorm's way rather than the Insurgents.

Why not a little intrigue? 🙃

@cbenny Sure you can make a DC15 Insight check (innuendo) for Herbert to figure out what Granny said exposed what Gaddis is. You can use Luck for rerolls if you want. 

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)
Name
Persuasion
1d20+6 [[20]]

1 hour ago, SageBahamut said:

I'm not fond of having dice dictate how I play, but I'll go along with it. Let's just not make a habit of these...

Not sure what you mean: you're playing a game with dice. Your character lives in that world where dice dictate actions. Do you mean the social checks of NPCs can't affect your character? 

27 minutes ago, Conaldar said:

Not sure what you mean: you're playing a game with dice. Your character lives in that world where dice dictate actions. Do you mean the social checks of NPCs can't affect your character? 

Generally yes; I don't enjoy having my character's actions, opinions, reactions dictated. It feels like it takes away from my agency as a player.

Like I said, I'm rolling with it this time, but I would really prefer this be a very rare thing going forward.

1 minute ago, SageBahamut said:

Generally yes; I don't enjoy having my character's actions, opinions, reactions dictated. It feels like it takes away from my agency as a player.

Like I said, I'm rolling with it this time, but I would really prefer this be a very rare thing going forward.

Well. This could be an issue. 

Your character exists in a world dominated by dice rolls. An NPC can hit you with a dice roll. An NPC can resist your attack with a dice roll. Why can't an NPC affect your PC with a social check as YOUR PC can affect the NPC with a similar check? Your character's behavior is affected by an NPC's combat actions - why would an NPCs' social actions be any different? 

If your PC is immune to NPC social checks how are they immune to an NPC's combat checks? How are the dice rolls different?

@SageBahamut I know that in D&D interaction skills don't work on PCs, but I always thought that in MnM3e interaction skills could work on anybody (including PCs). That's why example NPCs have ranks in various interaction skills, and why Immunity [Interaction Skills] is a 5 point power.

@ConaldarDo you mind if I say that Herbert won the game of Rummy, or should I actually make a roll of some kind for it? Mostly just for flavor so he can look extra impressive as he puts down the cards in his hand before getting up to walk away with the Guardbots?

All I'm asking is that you not do this often. If that's really an issue, maybe I should drop; I'm in a good position to right now since I haven't had anything to interact with in a while anyway.

@cbenny -- Yeah I guess I'll have to save points for that from now on.

I'm not saying an NPC completely changes your character's mind. What the check does is change HOW your character makes their decision. Players tell me constantly how they want story to matter. Well character transformation is a huge part of that. It's Han Solo deciding to return and help Luke defeat the empire. It's any character CHANGING THEIR MIND about something and either changing or shifting their motivation in order to perhaps not change who they are but definitely changing their DIRECTION in terms of what they want to accomplish. 

This prison has the purpose of engaging HOW the Insurgents do what they do as they pursue escape. That was my greater purpose of the whole act. If I didn't try to change your characters in prison why even bother? Gaddis HAS to have real story meaning. If I can't make you question what the Insurgency is doing and why then the whole episode is nonsense. Getting out is easy but what did your characters LEARN while they were there? What did they gain that when they get out impacts them? 

I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong for it but when I selected your characters I thought "how can this PC grow and become something stronger?" Was I wrong?