Welcome back everyone and I hope your weekend was enjoyable. 

@cbenny The Accountant is meeting "the boss". You can make a DC10 "Expertise: Business/Tech" check to get info on MacAllister.

@Bananaphone Siren's Persuasion payed off! Next?

@Rudolf This Asian woman seems to know Mammoth: you can make a DC10 Memory check to get info on her.

@SageBahamut and @wtaylorjr2001 both of your PCs have been openly-recruited by rivals. Now you're left to yourself again.

@DecoyGirl Think happy thoughts 😁

Once we're through the current conversations unless Players want to explore things further I'm looking to bring Day One to a close. Any comments? Did I miss any PC checks? 

Edited by Conaldar
grammar (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Conaldar said:

Once we're through the current conversations unless Players want to explore things further I'm looking to bring Day One to a close. Any comments? Did I miss any PC checks? 

Herbert will want to find out how responsive the Guards are at some point before the day is out. They responded to his question about facility violations but didn't respond when he asked one what time it was or asked another who was calling him. Do they only respond to select questions? Can inmates engage them in conversation?

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

10 hours ago, cbenny said:

Herbert will want to find out how responsive the Guards are at some point before the day is out. They responded to his question about facility violations but didn't respond when he asked one what time it was or asked another who was calling him. Do they only respond to select questions? Can inmates engage them in conversation?

Check result: MacAllister used to be head of Research and Development at Emerald City's AstroLab facility. 

Make an Insight check to evaluate Guardbot behavior.

Whoa. Looks like things have been busy. 

I’m still interested in this game. I’m fine with NPCs using skills on us, or shooting us, or whatever else they want to do. I also fully expected to be inside a prison. It reminds a me a little of the old Marvel adventures: Nightmares of Futures Past, which also started in a prison. 

On 7/12/2022 at 12:15 PM, Conaldar said:

@cbenny Sure you can make a DC15 Insight check (innuendo) for Herbert to figure out what Granny said exposed what Gaddis is. You can use Luck for rerolls if you want. 

FYI, Since I didn't receive any information yet from this check, Herbert is still in the dark about anything significant that the Warden might want to know about. That's why I didn't include a deception roll in my last post. He honestly has no problem telling the Warden anything he wants to know about the conversation he just had with Granny.

If Herbert believes that any part of what he told the Warden ought to be kept a secret he will retroactively not have said that part.

15 hours ago, cbenny said:

FYI, Since I didn't receive any information yet from this check, Herbert is still in the dark about anything significant that the Warden might want to know about. That's why I didn't include a deception roll in my last post. He honestly has no problem telling the Warden anything he wants to know about the conversation he just had with Granny.

If Herbert believes that any part of what he told the Warden ought to be kept a secret he will retroactively not have said that part.

Apologies there. Short answer: something she said about 'her power and sleeping and reality and how people were connected while dreaming' seemed oddly significant but Herbert isn't sure why.

Herbert got a 16 on his check.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

1 hour ago, cbenny said:

Herbert got a 16 on his check.

Guardbots responses seem to be dictated by a computer logic that Herbert is unfamiliar with: based on his limited exposure to them the droids interact with inmates only if their programming identifies a reaction is "important." Herbert's seen many inmates hurl various off-color remarks at the droids that are ignored. But if certain questions get asked they get immediate answers. Social interaction obviously isn't a high-priority Guardbot protocol from what Herbert has seen and heard thus far.

15 minutes ago, DecoyGirl said:

Nah, going well so far enjoying being the trouble maker and reading.

Great to see! I'd like to fast-forward a week so Scylla returns to the cellblock and I have a question for players:

What aspect of this situation is your Insurgent most focused on (building team relationships, getting info from Gaddis inmates about the facility, personally investigating the facility, establishing contact with allies outside the prison, staying quiet and out of trouble, forming relationships with inmates, or a combination of these)?

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Conaldar said:

Great to see! I'd like to fast-forward a week so Scylla returns to the cellblock and I have a question for players:

What aspect of this situation is your Insurgent most focused on (building team relationships, getting info from Gaddis inmates about the facility, personally investigating the facility, establishing contact with allies outside the prison, staying quiet and out of trouble, forming relationships with inmates, or a combination of these)?

Herbert is most focused on obtaining new information. However, for the first week he will attempt to accomplish this simply by staying quiet and out of trouble and keeping an eye open. At this point in time all information is new information and there is no reason to draw attention to himself yet when he can simply be passive and let information come to him.

As time progresses he will likely eventually start taking risks to obtain more info, but for now he just wants to keep his head down and figure out how things work.

While we have differing opinions on how long players might take to escape Gaddis, escaping Gaddis is a thing. This phase of the story is not the key focus, it's a puzzle to solve. Once solved we can get to the real meat of this story: World Domination. Apologies if you're bored to tears here and I could suggest getting as much info about Gaddis from NPC inmates as possible and/or actually performing escape-related actions.