I feel like we're missing something here.

Fly

There are many things Herbert can try but very few that have a good chance of success. Laying low and getting to know the prison routine seems like the natural first step towards eventually breaking out. Seeing how everyone acts, looking for patterns and finding an opportunity all require a certain level of patience.

It seems foolish to try to attack the guards, or to start work on digging through the wall with a spork, or try to hack into the computer system without at least some knowledge of how things actually work. Inmates that cause huge problems right away are usually more closely supervised, whereas inmates that appear cooperative are usually given a greater degree of freedom.

At some point during the week he will tell the others about Granny's incredibly cryptic message and that really weird conversation with the Warden. Maybe someone else will be able to figure out what they were talking about.

So a week will pass. My next post reflects that but I need checks to inform the post:

• Players need to make a social interaction check using their PC's highest social skill
  • Players need to make an Insight check to notice the 'atmosphere' around Gaddis
  • Players need to make a check using the higher of Investigation or Perception to gain info about the greater facility

Again, PCs can go to the Exercise yard for physical activity or to wander, the Infirmary for physical concerns (illness, injury, haircut or shave), the Conference room to make contact with allies outside Gaddis, or the main cellblock to play digital games, read books or relax. Interaction with teammates or inmates can occur anywhere. 

Social roll: Persuasion (assuming +'s for Attractive)

Insight roll.

Perception Roll.

The dice seem to suggest that Siren goes through the next week like a social butterfly oblivious to what is around her but very keen of who is around her.

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)
Name
Insight
1d20+12 [[10]]
Persuasion
1d20+12 [[13]]
Perception
1d20+8 [[5]]

On 8/1/2022 at 9:21 PM, Bananaphone said:

Oh yeah I'm here. Just been a bit busy with work :).

On 8/1/2022 at 10:25 PM, DecoyGirl said:

Ya here. Also ya no idea what it does.

14 hours ago, cbenny said:

Yup, still here.

Noted for all.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:28 AM, Bananaphone said:

Social roll: Persuasion (assuming +'s for Attractive)

Insight roll.

Perception Roll.

The dice seem to suggest that Siren goes through the next week like a social butterfly oblivious to what is around her but very keen of who is around her.

Perfect observation!

Alright folks 😐

I thought Banaphone wanted a "prison break" kind of open for this but after about a week in I noticed most players just weren't feeling it. I like the characters you all have made and IMO it'd be a huge waste to see this team of supervillains fizzle into nothing - which is what this thing is doing. So I have a proposal:

I can restart the adventure beginning just after the Insurgency is sentenced on a new IC thread. Instead of the "prison break" scenario this would turn into "a funny thing happened on the way to jail" story which provides an opportunity for the villains to escape in-transit to the prison. I already have a few scenes worked out for this and it definitely would be more interesting than the Gaddis breakfast menu. 

Thoughts? @cbenny

@DecoyGirl

@wtaylorjr2001

@SageBahamut

@Bananaphone

@Rudolf

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)