Good party building

Inash

I thought I would put up a space for the rebels group to sort out any overlapping backstories and/or sort any mechanical issues before we start in on the story.

It may be easiest to start with a one line synopsis of our backstory and our role. We can look for connections from there.

Edit: and why you are at the protest.

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Gellius Galonnica - The Whiteadder

Noble, meddling do-gooder/naive 'kid' out to make a difference

Role: Dex based flanker type, maybe a bit skillmonkey

Reason for being at the protest: Staying up on current events (if someone wants to tag along based on that, go for it)

Edited by Inash (see edit history)

Alexis Corvina

Deaf apprentice blacksmith / ORAdin, born in Egorian but basically lifetime Kintargo resident, should'a been dead if family had not escaped.

Role: Your friendly neighbourhood HP battery

Protest: Tagging along (probably because Lilette)

Edited by iantruesilver (see edit history)

Lilette

Barmaid/Pickpocket, horribly burned during fire in childhood and terrified of fire still.

Role: Dex based fighter, Semi decent talker, general skillmonkey and sign language interpreter as needed.

Reason at the protest: A crowd like this with their attention focused elsewhere? Perfect time to add to her small virtually nonexistant purse.

Edited by athedia (see edit history)

John of Patmos

Former Asmodean priest returns to his hometown after having a crisis of faith, turning his back on the wealth and power of the priesthood.

Skillmonkey, backup healer, with some flexibility in combat. Can respec if we need more melee or more range.

Alexis helps her father out where she can at the smithy, and she also spends some of her free time helping the Sarenites and Iomedaeans by offering her healing services.

Beyond that, she spends a lot of time alone or with Lilette, activities that don't necessarily require extra effort just to be understood.

Gellius is a noble.... he spends money I guess. Well, and then he spends the nights pretending to be Batman.

He's probably gone slumming to a dockside tavern and/or hung out outside one trying to catch a footpad.

37 minutes ago, Inash said:

Gellius is a noble.... he spends money I guess. Well, and then he spends the nights pretending to be Batman.

He's probably gone slumming to a dockside tavern and/or hung out outside one trying to catch a footpad.

Lilette sloooowly slides her hands back into her own pockets :P

John is slowly rebuilding his life, so there is not much there to disrupt. I picture him abandoning his job in the big city, and then "you know, walk the earth. Meet people. Get into adventures. Like Caine from Kung-Fu".

[Cue 'Lonely Man' theme music]

Coming to Kintargo is a return to home base. A literal and figurative attempt to retrace his steps and maybe hit the reset button on his life and choices.

He has been in town long enough to make acquaintances, but not long enough to really make friends. He lives cheaply, and does odd menial labor jobs for spending money.

Fiametta Orsini

Civilian that's been touched by the Negative Energy Plane. In her spare time, she (anonymously) writes papers agitating and satirizing Barzillai's excesses, practices calligraphy, and studies foreign languages (particularly focusing on their profanities)

Role: Blaster, Linguist, could probably do some stealth and talking in a pinch, but is no substitute for an actual, dedicated face.

Reason for being at the protest: Fiametta's not gonna pass up a chance to toss every profanity she knows at Barzillai.

1 hour ago, Sarcasticfury said:

Role: Blaster, Linguist, could probably do some stealth and talking in a pinch, but is no substitute for an actual, dedicated face.

John has diplomacy, intimidate, and sense motive as class skills, with class bonuses to the last two. As a character, I can be face. As a player, it's where I'm weakest, so help would be appreciated.