OLEG:

The bespectacled man of average build with a crewcut adjusted his glasses, "It's Doctor. 'You're in my seat, Doctor Shirer". 

He glanced up at Mammoth and smiled slightly, "Your first day and already making waves. Not the best move but certainly not the worst, since your friends are here with you. Convenient.The man looks around the cafeteria until his eyes fall on a certain figure then he blinks and stands dumping his breakfast onto the seat but holding the dripping tray, "Insurgency, eh? Perhaps your better served by the title 'Penitentiary' since THAT is where you've found yourself." Dr. Shirer gives Scylla a quick look as he turns to walk away ....

SB.png

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)

Herbert-Anderson.jpg.2f52eca6820f7016e31af6ba36920227.jpg.e1ea931f2be014e3203a97866bd5efa2.jpg

Herbert Anderson (The Accountant)

Herbert got up and cooperated when the Guardbots let him out of his cell and headed to the cafeteria. "Hey guard, what time is it?" He asked one of them. He didn't really care what time it was, he was just asking to try to gauge how cooperative and interactive the Guardbots were. Would they understand and respond to simple questions? If so, they could potentially be exploited. He also looked to see if there was a serial number or something else to visible differentiate between individual Guardbots. 

Herbert shook his head when he saw Mammoth's confrontation. For f***s sake... this was only their first day! As if they didn't have enough of a target on their back, Mammoth had to get into some kind of d*** measuring contest with the first guy he saw mere moments after they had arrived? Herbert selected any breakfast food which could reasonably give him an excuse to obtain some cutlery and chose an empty seat near enough to watch the consequences of whatever trouble Mammoth was about to cause.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

6bb0634b4978797e64823c39b9d8679b.jpgZara Darrow, "Siren"

____________________________________________________________________________________

When the doors to the cells had slid open, Siren had remained behind as Scylla burst forth like the energetic little red panda she was. Zara, however, was more reserved and patient. When she moved it was on her terms, not at the prodding of the penitentiary system. Much like the Master Illusionist, Zara drew herself out of bed at a lazy pace. Rolling her shoulders, drawing her hair back into a soft, loose ponytail, the psychic took her time to get ready, even if the guardbots stood at the door expectantly. 

Joining the others in the chow line, Zara allowed her eyes to wander over the assembly. So this was the worst of the worst that had been captured, depowered and shoved away into a box of neutered criminals, and now they were among them. She recognized a few faces, minor ones of course. Her ego wouldn't allow her the idea that they, the Insurgency, weren't the biggest fish caught in the recent decade, a self-assurance that was shored up by the stares and whispers their presence evoked once they entered the meal hall. 

Holding her tray before her, Zara tilted her head over and spied on the little commotion unfolding between Mammoth, Scylla and some four-eyes that mouthed off a little before affecting a hasty retreat. Mammoths little display wasn't Zara's style, but that didn't matter: that's why they were a team. It had granted them a table all to themselves, which Zara approached and took a seat. Drawing her elbows up onto the table, subconsciously 'fencing' off her food from any others who might want to steal a little, she started to munch down slowly. 

"A submarine," Zara said quietly, barely above a whisper, while gesturing towards Herbert

"A few buddies I used to work with spoke of how the Russians unloaded a heap of them onto the black market thirty years ago, and how a few are still around in working nick, mostly in the hands of drug lords..." she took a bite out of whatever edible substance they had been granted before she continued. "Secure funding and a new place to bunk all at once."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)

spacer.png

Mammoth begins eating, working his way down through the pile of food on his tray. He seems to have taken a quantity over quality approach, and was systematically working toward the bottom of the tray. 

“Ha, now we have good table. You think too much about tomorrow, Herbert. You have to get through today first.”

He did try to remember who that guy was. He looked familiar. 

Name
Knowledge
1d20+1 [[1]]

Portrait_02.png.da38dc2369e9cf6c8526dd1c459c0cd0.png Julia Cevahir, "Hecate" 
Luck: 2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Julia was all but ready to dart off to the food when Desmond suggested otherwise. She stared at him, her mismatched eyes obviously dilated. She looked like she hadn't slept in a while, even though they literally went through some forced sleep. "It's not what I want," she said matter-of-factly, before shrugging, "but it'll do."

She turned on her heels, offering her back to Desmond. In the moment, it completely escaped her how this wasn't something to do with just anybody in a prison—fortunately, he was a known quantity. She scanned around the cafeteria with a blasé look. What was this place, anyway?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

spacer.pngDesmond

He lets out a sigh, and answers, "This whole situation is... less than ideal. So long as we are enough for each other, we will make it through."

It is, of course, not an offer he would make to just anyone, either, especially not in this place. As it happens, though, she is not just anyone. Not by any measure. So it is, his fingers start at her shoulders and work their way down, finding every spot he can think of where the fabric puts weight or pressure or motion against her skin and giving a scratch, at first gentle as feathers and then more firm, somewhere short of a massage but only just. 

"Join me for some meditation later, during whatever passes for 'free time' around here. We'll see if we can find a state of mind that helps, too. Regardless, I have a suspicion that I want to talk to you about, away from prying ears."

Edited by SageBahamut (see edit history)

EVERYONE:

As the Insurgents talk they hear the shuffle of feet. A large group of nearly twenty Caucasian inmates stride over to their table surrounding the crew! One of them steps up to Siren and places his foot on their table near her tray! Hard not to recognize him: Christian Mueller better known as 'Hellstorm'. Former U.S. Marine turned psychotic terrorist. Everyone remembers when he assaulted the United Nations with his army of Stormtroopers trying to burn the building down! It took the Freedom League and AEGIS 48 hours to rescue the hostages and take him down. Hellstorm was as good as his name being a mutant pyrokinetic able to produce fire at will. The jury gave him and his whole crew 25 to LIFE for the horror he engineered then and he just smiled. 

Mueller.jpg.dec7c8f62693eb95cffd1cbe2d3c0508.jpg

You thought he was at Blackstone. 

Shirtless except for his wife-beater Tee he nodded at the Insurgents, "Good Morning, Fish! How's that chow? Definitely a cut above the trash at Blackstone, eh? I noticed your putting you foot down. A bit. That doesn't work for me. Instead why not just be model inmates maybe get some time off your stretch and get outta here? I run my school here and Blacktop does his. We tolerate each other because a war does nobody any good. But you messing with the whole economy is wrong. Just keep to yours and mind yours and we'll be great! Okay? Because you don't make problems like I do."

A few large inmates huddle around Oleg cracking their knuckles and staring him down. Mueller sniffs your food, smiles then walks away with his crowd of inmates with him. Several of them issue loud whistles and catcalls at Hecate asking if they can be next as they leave!

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)

spacer.pngDesmond

"A more ironically named man I've never met in my life," he muses. "I have to say, he's right. We don't make trouble the way he does. And you know what? I am damn proud of us for that. The less we have in common with a man-eating lunatic like him, the better I think we are doing, wouldn't you all say?"

spacer.png

Oleg continues eating. He expected this, and was not afraid to fight, no matter how many were against him. 

What economy? No jobs, no money, no means of production. He is a fool. 

Portrait_02.png.da38dc2369e9cf6c8526dd1c459c0cd0.png Julia Cevahir, "Hecate" 
Luck: 2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ugh, meditation? Julia thought. Thinking was a step above the white noise that was her hunger, so, at least something was working. "Sure, philos."

And enter the big men. They stared leerily, and she stared back. Neither the first nor the last, and fear wasn't a function in her brain. She kept looking, but also kept her mouth shut, enjoying the moment for what it was—the back scratches, not the testosterone spectacle—but cracked a smirk at the whistles and catcalls. Mentally making a note to deal with them later.

As soon as they were gone, she started actually eating, not minding her manners in the least.

Scylla

image.png.c22008905be10cc7bd61e0b725c00f79.png

Scylla watched and listened... oh was this happening? please say it was, she visibly wiggled in her seat. Glancing at Oleg seaming rather excited.i salamdeul jung-e hangug-eoleul hal jul aneun salam-i issseubnikka?Do you think any of these guys speak Korean? 
She looked at the group of men back and forth maybe coming across as nervously and seaming down right upset when the group seamed to leave.

In the back of her mind somewhere she thought to herself that what she had been thinking of doing was in fact a bad idea....
But then... They catcalled Hecate and the thinking part of her was Vetoed...

leaping almost stunningly quietly onto the table that Oleg and Hecate were eating at onto all fours.. and managing not to put her hands or feet in any food trays, she pounced at the group of men who had DARED to turn their backs to her. Aiming to deliver a full blown pro wrestling level drop kick to the back of Mueller's head....

Edited by DecoyGirl (see edit history)
Name
Power Attack Roll (DC:20)
1d20+4 [[9]]
Acrobatics/Athletics Check
1d20+9 [[2]]
Stealth Check
1d20+9 [[13]]

Herbert Anderson

Herbert Anderson (The Accountant)

Herbert felt paranoid. First Dr. Shirer just up and walked away, then Hellstorm attempted to do the same thing? He expected a huge fight to break out with both interactions but it was clear that neither of them wanted to initiate it. Why? Was Mammoth really that intimidating? Or were there consequences for starting a fight in here? It was obviously a good idea to remain patient and get a feel for the rules before risking...

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by Scylla leaping out to smash someone over the head with a food tray. F***! Why was he associated with such reckless fools? Herbert palmed his cutlery, stood up and took two large steps back to distance himself from the inevitable brawl.

Ready Standard Action: Herbert readies an action to make an attack with a spoon as an improvised weapon if anyone tries to attack him

Name
Sleight of Hand (To palm his cutlery)
1d20+16 [[7]]

spacer.pngDesmond

"Scylla, must you...?" He sighs as she picks a fight, and withdraws from the scuffle to sit beside Julia and tuck into his own meal.

Muttering under his breath while he eats, he mumbles something about 'serve them right if she gives them all fleas.'

Henry smiles at Scylla's actions. He recalls that you shouldn't exercise on a full stomach, and by the look of things there will be exercise. 

"If ypu need me I am here," called Henry, and he drank some orange juice and water.