Henry finishes his meal quickly and walks to where the doors opened and examines the location. He then measures in steps the entire cafeteria, length and width. He touches the walls. In all his efforts he is trying to find a reason for their power loss.

OOCContent...I know he will fail, it is what he does. 

Name
Technology Testing
1d20+16 [[2]]

Herbert Anderson

Herbert Anderson (The Accountant)

"Yeah, you've taken some of my food." Herbert says flatly. "There is plenty of food available, so I have lost nothing. I doubt that the system in place here will allow me to starve. All you have done is put the people around you on their guard. Now others will be less likely to eat their food near you in the future."

"If your goal was to get other people to act defensively around you and collectively view you as an enemy then you have succeeded. But if your goal was simply to get more food then there are much better ways to accomplish that without painting a huge target on our backs." Herbert was tired. This was just the latest variation of an argument they had had a thousand times before during their time on the outside. He knew that neither of them would be able to convince the other but for some reason he felt compelled to try anyway. "Look... just... try not to start a riot for a few days, okay? I'm going to go look around."

Herbert slid the rest of his tray over to Oleg (keeping his spork) and got up to go wander around the prison alone. He took a mental inventory of what facilities were available for prisoners and any restricted or guarded areas that he could see. He also took particular interest in the soccer game being displayed on one of the televisions to see if it was a live broadcast or just an old recording like the other three screens.

Portrait_02.png.da38dc2369e9cf6c8526dd1c459c0cd0.png Julia Cevahir, "Hecate" 
Luck: 2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Julia grabbed Herbert's tray. She left whatever food was on it, but she took it to finish her pile of three, neatly stacking them.

She was about to finish eating when she was pretty obviously wracked by a violent shiver. She squirmed, and wriggled into her clothing, desperately trying to push it off her skin in haphazard, hacked movements. She swore pretty loudly in Greek, before letting out three sharp breaths—during which she looked pretty murderous.

After that passed, she poked Desmond with her foot. "Let's go?"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6bb0634b4978797e64823c39b9d8679b.jpgZara Darrow, "Siren"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Zara listened to Herbert, an amused look crawling over her face as her smile swelled with anticipation. It was like watching the class nerd trying to rationalise behavior with the school bully. One thought, the other simply did

"You're over-thinking it Herbert," Zara said, finishing the last of her trays food.

"Take it from someone who has been in enough minds to know: the engine of our actions is animal instinct."

Then it was over. Chow time was done! It was back to the hole...and now Siren had a cell all to herself! At least for a week. 

The first place Zara did was just walk around. As far as she could go, where-ever she could go, the psychic 'patrolled' her new abode, mentally sketching the whole place together with her photographic memory. Once that was done, she would always remember the layout of this place.

Once that seemingly innocent task was complete, it was off to the Exercise Yard. Zara wasn't an athlete, but she was better sculpted than the average person. And if there was a place to learn good gossip or rumors about the facility from longer-term tenants, it was when they felt most relaxed and sociable: exercising. She worked her legs and butt with squats and lunges, interspersed with the occasional sit ups and push ups.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)
Name
Persuasion (Chit-chat with other prisoners about the Guards and potential security holes) - If they find Siren Attractive
1d20+12 [[10]]
Perception (Over-hearing things in the Exercise Yard)
1d20+8 [[19]]
Persuasion (Chit-chat with other prisoners about the Guards and potential security holes) - If they don't find Siren Attractive
1d20+10 [[19]]

spacer.pngDesmond

He greets Julia's nudge with a nod of his own, adding his tray to the pile but not bussing them.

Instead he offers her a hand up, and perhaps a shoulder to lean on. It would hardly be the first time he's seen one of her fits leave her the worse for wear, so to speak.

"Which way do you want to go?" he asks. "We could go to the infirmary. At the very least you might find a bit of privacy there."

Herbert Anderson

It was Herbert's intention to walk around to all accessible areas of the prison, mostly just to see first hand what was there. Upon seeing that the Football game was a recording he immediately lost all interest in it. If it had been live there was a change of uncensored news making it through during commercials and commentary, but he had zero interest in watching just to see the athletes play.

If he was not stopped he looked in on the exercise yard, infirmary, and conference facility before finally settling in the main cellblock to see what games and books were available.

ZARA: 

Chatting with inmates Siren found many of them were FANS of the Insurgency! The loved how her team executed their operations because most bosses had terrible plans that failed in the worst ways. They told Zara the Guardbots patrol the entire structure and respond to "problems" super-quick. They all felt "Granny" was a snitch who exposed any attempt someone had at escaping Gaddis. So Granny got a lot of grief from inmates. Hellstorm and Blacktop specifically told everyone in so many words that talking to Granny was prohibited. 

Most inmates knew Hellstorm or Blacktop had a way out of Gaddis but they only shared it with a tight circle within their crew. Watching the Guardbots didn't reveal a great deal of info and the last person who tried to disable a Guardbot to escape failed in a big way BUT according to rumor he did eventually escape Gaddis. Inmates are very careful about giving that last bit of info as they look around the area for bots and snitches. Then they walk away. 

The casual inmate conversation around Gaddis is a question: "How long before the Insurgents try to break out and what happens when they fail?" Most of the cons continue to watch the Insurgents. Most of the cons Siren approaches want something for the information: desserts, money or protection. And most of the inmates are members of Blacktop's or Hellstorm's crews. 

HERBERT:

As he finds an unoccupied table Granny approaches The Accountant hesitantly saying, "No one wants to play with me much. I like card games. Maybe we could play a bit? My name is Meredith but you can call me Granny."

Herbert Anderson

Herbert gave Granny an appraising look. He had planned on testing the capabilities and access limitations of the computers, but it wasn't really that important in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't very likely that it would lead to anything useful and his time was probably better spent getting to know some potential allies.

"Herbert." He said simply by way of an introduction. "Are there any real cards, or do we have to play using this?" Herbert gestured towards the gaming table. He wouldn't have minded using the computer for a game like chess or something else that used a board, but when playing with cards he would have preferred to use tangible cards if they had been available. Either way he invited Granny to join him.

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)

Henry slowly walks the hallways, the yard, all over the allowed areas measuring them. He listens to others speak but that is not what he is after. He wants a reasonable map of the establishment. He wants to guess at the size of the areas that are unseen. Specifically, he wants to guess at where the emergency generators are as well as the incoming power lines. This place runs on power as it has to and if the power goes out, there has to be emergency power stations. He will find it by reverse engineering the design of the overall base, treating it as a gigantic machine.

Name
Reverse Engineer Design of Complex
1d20+16 [[11]]

image.jpeg.439821fbae4e82e7bb52fac0f0e5a1fa.jpeg

Finally finishing the handful of food he had scooped off of Herbert’s trey, Oleg finished his thought. “Riot is necessary part of class struggle. But fine, can wait.”  As Oleg walked back to his cell he realized that Scylla would never forgive him if he started a riot without her.  

He was looking forward to getting some exercise. He did NOT like feeling small and weak. And, as they were unlikely to give him tools to work with, the gym would be the best way to stay occupied. He wondered who else felt the same way. 

6bb0634b4978797e64823c39b9d8679b.jpgZara Darrow, "Siren"

____________________________________________________________________________________

Zara felt the tingly feeling within her seeing how many potential allies they actually had. Where once it had seemed like Blacktop and Hellstorm had a monopoly on the muscle and goons within the prison, suddenly now their own odds had just increased. Even more so as the two apparently knew how to escape, but did not do so. If Zara had to speculate on her experience with the human mind, she would postulate that the two gang leaders would rather be mighty kings in prison than two paupers out in the larger world. 

It was a bit of a defeatist and small dream in Zara's opinion, but there it was. 

Exercising away and chatting, getting the work-out for her legs and rear, Zara soon noticed Oleg when the larger man entered the work-out yard. Looking over at him and making eye contact, she gave him a nod of acknowledgement. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Bananaphone (see edit history)

The Accountant:

spacer.png

Granny smiles and positions her hands over the table, "Well the cards you get are projected three-dimensional. Or is it two-dimensional? Um anyway only you or someone on your side of the table can see what you have. Oh I've been dying for some Rummy. Do you play? If not what do you like? You have the mannerism of an educated man soooooo I've learned the more strategic games like chess and Go. I guess ....." Granny pauses and gazes around the huge auditorium at the other inmates, ".... I suppose I'm a little lonely. Most of them avoid me once they've been here a while. Who has time for an unattractive old woman." She smiles at Herbert but the smile withers as she slowly looks away. 

Edited by Conaldar (see edit history)

SCYLLA:

spacer.png

After several minutes (?) passes the door that wasn't there appears and opens! Two Guardbots enter carrying trays of food and a drinks. The food is the exact combination of breakfast meal selections but TWICE the amount still hot! The put the trays down along with the drinks and rise to look at Scylla, "Compliance with Gaddis guidelines can only benefit your sentence inmate Scylla. We are not your enemy. We are simply attendants charged with keeping you safe during your confinement. Please learn to keep Gaddis guidelines and your stay will be far more satisfactory."

Then the Guardbots turn to exit the cell.

Herbert Anderson

"Rummy is fine. Chess is only fun if I'm playing against someone who is at least as smart as me." Herbert explained. He didn't intend to sound arrogant or dismissive but his tone made it clear that he took it for granted that none of the other prisoners met this criteria. "Cards introduce the element of random chance, which can act as an equalizer for people with different levels of intellect. Playing with physical cards can also be a great test of memory and perception. Keeping track of known information or carefully watching someone shuffle can keep things interesting. If a computer-generated deck is using a random number generator to shuffle it is much harder to keep track of things and spot patterns." He complained. It also prevented him from cheating by palming cards or stacking the deck while shuffling, which was too bad.

"Youth is overrated and beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Herbert responded honestly to Granny's self-admonishing words. "To be honest, I'm a little surprised to find that this prison is mixed-gender. But I suppose the Guardbots are enough of a deterrent to stop any shenanigans and whatever it is that is keeping us from accessing our powers is too rare or expensive to justify building two separate facilities."

Assuming the gaming table is intuitive enough to do so easily, Herbert set up and began a game of Rummy. "So, Meredith. What did you do to end up in here, and why would the other inmates want to avoid you?"

Edited by cbenny (see edit history)