Character Creation Questions

TiffanyKorta

Hey Tiff! Nice to see some Vampire get some love. A few questions:

• What posting rate are you hoping to have for this game?
  • What's the starting year for this chronicle? I may have missed it...
  • How fast and loose do you want applicants to play with real-world, mortal history?

...I think that's all for now...

No worries at all!

• I want to try to get at least a post a week, though obs as we'd been starting in December that might get a little wonky!
  • We'll be starting in 1197.
  • As White Wolf played fast and loose with the whole region I'm not going to be too concerned about minor historical inconstancies.

Hope that helps!

Sounds like fun! Think I'll port over my Knight of the Black Cross I tried to app a while back.

On that note where do you stand on material from older sources? I ask because that character was built with some material from the Road of Kings & Ashen Knight book from back in the day, but I have no problem trimming him down to be DAV20 only.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

I'm building an Assamite Sorceror (Because I've played Salubri to death and maybe we'll be lucky enough to get one as a friend this go-around instead), and I'm curious as to your specific rules for Assamite Thaumaturgy and Rituals.

Which Thaumaturgical Paths do you consider to be "Tremere Only", and similarly, which Rituals are "Tremere Only?"

Secondly, if I take 2 dots in a Primary Path, do I get a Level 1 and Level 2 ritual for free? Or just a singular Level one?

New players are always welcome!

@Erico Despite what the Tremere like to claim both they and the Assamite are drawing from the same source, so unless it implicitly says the Tremere created it then any Thaumaturgy is a viable option! And each dot in a Path gives you a ritual of that level or less, so two dots you can have one level 1 ritual an one level two ritual (or another level 1 if you wish).

As the Storyteller I have the advantage of not having to worry about building characters! :D But in general I'd say it's better to try and build around a concept than trying to be a jack of all trades, and don't worry if someone else has the same Clan I'm more worried about interesting characters than making sure we only have one of everything.