Character Creation Questions

TiffanyKorta

Hmm so any let's say uhh... advice... for a potential Tzimisce?

I'd like to run more of a classical vampire lord (or rather a lady masquerading as a lord because ya know) over "blagggh look at how freakish and evil I am!" though not actually eschewing Viss, but using it to say recruit the disfigured by fixing them.

Edited by Mild Scribe (see edit history)

There are no limits on Generation beyond those naturally built into the system, so you can take 5 dots and be 7th Generation. And lingua franca is a free bonus language so doesn't count towards those gained by multi-lingual, and to make things easier let's make illiteracy a -1 flaw (so everyone is literate unless they choose otherwise).

I tweaked my Ventrue slightly. No longer a scheming Bavarian noble, now a scheming Italian priest.

• Everyone gets a free companion, built using the Ghoul rules, though they don't have to be Ghouls. You will always have a companion who can act on your behalf during the day. If they die you can gain a new companion between adventures, if you choose to embrace them your childe goes off to find its own fate and won't join you during new adventures, though you gain a new companion (though you can choose to use them in your Bluebook events). They can be a ghoul and stay with you constantly, or you can have a family serve you through generations.

@TiffanyKorta From a game mechanics perspective, can this be interpreted to mean that everyone gets a free point in Retainer?

Definitely interested.

Do you allow revenants? If so, any of the families presented in DAV20? Can the character be embraced from a revenant family and have the family disciplines merit and family weakness flaw? Can the companion be a revenant?

4 hours ago, Calrond said:

I tweaked my Ventrue slightly. No longer a scheming Bavarian noble, now a scheming Italian priest.

@TiffanyKorta From a game mechanics perspective, can this be interpreted to mean that everyone gets a free point in Retainer?

I think it would be better interpreted as having one of the companion merits.

I have a question that I hope someone can answer. I am sure it is obvious, but I am just not seeing it. In the V20 Dark Ages on page 448 it has the Road of Set, but the only thing it actually has for the Road is the Hierarchy of Sins. Where is the rest of the Road? Or is it combined with one of the Roads in chapter 3?

Also, is the game starting in Transylvania (hence the name of the game), or somewhere else?

Edited by Rhallan (see edit history)