Sheet Folders in Testing ×

Session 1.2: The Sons of Gazardiel [Combat]

darkhugh

Setting

Time and date: 13:10pm, Thursday, 21st September 2023

SORTIE

As a team you rush out of the apartment, the dull red glow of the lights provide a deep glow that guides you forward. It takes perhaps a minute and then two separate security doors before the pilots are in the changing room, quickly they find their lockers and slam their codes into the keypads, opening up their locker and revealing their gear.

The next thirty seconds are a well-practiced sortie of the plug-suit and accompanying gear, soon the clothes are fitted and the team move to the holding bay, the changing room is already at entry plug height. A few of the NERV personnel guide you quickly down a long hallway, looking out a window to your left you see your Mechas standing poised and ready, a variety staff are quickly moving away as the lifts get ready to take you up.

You get to the end of the corridor and take a sharp left into the plug room, a long single room that hosts the entry plugs when they are extruded from the mecha. You see your unit numbers above your required plug and two staff waiting to help you in, you jump through the opening and get seated. Orders are being shouted as the plug is shut, locking you into darkness.

After perhaps 4 seconds you feel a shudder and then a dive causing your stomach to lurch as your entry plug inserts into your mecha. A few seconds later the power turns on and your screens light up and the LCL begins to pump in, twenty seconds later and you are submerged. Glancing at the screen you can see each of the other pilots and the bridge, along with a variety of data such as your Synch and ammo. A feed screen show you the Entities moving through Zone 4, into zone 3.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Serena gets onto the bridge just as the pilots don their plug suits, the bridge is a flurry of controlled chaos as each of the staff is working away. Chris Kumar gives you a nod as you step onto the bridge, each of the pilots associated bridge member is already sat and ready, preparing the Mecha for launch. You don't see any of the upper echelons of NERV-London, such as the command, but you are sure they are watching.

Tar has just finished its assessment, we have two Entities, smaller than standard. Named Gazardiel first son, and Gazardiel second son...We didnt have time to spit ball names. Both have made impact on south London Zone 4 and moving in now, Tar predicts their plan is to approach zone 1, then NERV-London, but we could have guessed that.” As he speaks he grabs a print out, a recent analysis from Tarvgarian on the two entities.

The report states one thing, it is able to compile an ongoing analysis on the second son, allowing you to easily track its injuries throughout the combat. The first son however remains a mystery.

Standing at the bridge you can look up at the hologram of the battlefield, at the moment you are playing off the back foot. The number of Entities is greater than normal, your pilots are new, and the civilians have had minimal time to evacuate.

The pilots are confirmed ready, the Mecha engage. Serena gives the order to launch.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The pilots feel their bodies lurch once more, the G-force is something incredible, their bodies shake as their Mechas cover the hundred of meters in seconds. Eventually the dull grey clouds come into sight over head and your lift comes to a sudden halt, causing your bodies to jump a little.

London sure looks different when you are around 35 meters up in the air. Sadly, you don’t have time to take in the sights , as you quickly see the two entities, your heads up display pinging them as threats with active AT fields.

The enemy waste no times, as soon as you three appear they engage.

Round 2 (round 1 skipped)

Unit – 17 appears the closest to the Entities, both of them quickly shift their attention to you. Both are very different in build and design, the second son is humanoid in shape whose body is mostly flesh apart from a large exposed spine that extends out like a tail. It is poised on all fours, at the current moment you cannot see its core, the critical heart of the entity.

The first son however is mostly made up of the Core, which is then wrapped up partially by a fleshy creature that appears to fit the idealistic vision of what an alien could be.

As soon as the second son sees you it charges forward, tearing up the road as it sprints head first. As it gets closer it launches itself onto the side of a building and jumps into the air. As it flies up into the air you finally see its core, no larger than a few meters wide, stationed in the middle of its chest.

It hits the apex of its jump about ten meters away from you and then descends, it has a single arm raised with an open palm, clearly ready to attack. Its mouth is wide open but you hear no scream from it. As it gets near it thrusts its open palm forward and you watch as its palm rips open as a long spike of seemingly bone extends out towards you.

The first son however does not move as it brethren attacks Unit-17, instead its body twists and wraps around its core as it floats (seemingly by magic) above the ruins of Zone 4. A deep glow begins to bleed through its body and you quickly realise that whatever it is doing, isn’t good. You watch as its body begins to pull away from itself, like rain drops falling from a leak in the ceiling, only this time it’s his flesh and the droplets defy gravity as they pull away from the first son's body.

These small droplets hover around its body for perhaps a second before shotting up into the sky by about twenty meters. Hundred of these droplets swirl like a halo before shooting out like small lasers in a wide burst, hitting multiple targets and causing damage to the surrounding area.

OOC

Collateral Damage total: 15.5+5 Entities given a round of freedom
+3 Mecha deployed (1 per mech)
+7.5 First son AoE attack in Zone 4

Tarvgarian analysis

First son: start of each round players know the total number of wounds, start of this round he has 0 wounds.

Second son: No analysis possible.

Rules – draw your umbilical cord from your launch port to you, also draw your movement (see house rules thread, they are updated today).

No Mecha has a field spread, as no one had the chance to do an action yet.

As said in OOC a while back I think, we have a house rules thread (give it a read). There is no initiative, post in any order, I will give people 2 days to post their actions, if two days elapse I will skip you.

I thought I said in OOC people to put themselves on a port, but I might have forgotten, so for sake of speed I have moved you onto random ones, they are set as the die have been cast.

Show Entity images

Show the first son

image.png.7c50c25b75eb133969ca745382deb758.png

Show the second son

Gazardieljr2(melee).png.54bbfbff796f7643548966ccdd64cb1c.png

Show Mechanics 

Fear check, Zelda to do a fear check (a simple WP test) as the entity is within 20 dam. Pilots will provoke fear from each entity, but once you fail a check you do not need to do anymore. Don’t forget that gaining insanity (and I believe losing ego) causing Syn disruption.

I have rolled all dice on a table next to me, because coding them into a post and retroactively updating is a nightmare. I trust you will trust me and my ... interesting ... roll. haha, sry.

Show failed fear check

Result (01-30) - The character is taken aback, recoiling reflexively from the source of this shock. They may only
take a Half Action on their next turn as their attentive gaze is held captive by the disconcerting
sight.

First Son – Charges Zelda, +10 WS. The attack hits with a roll of 30, meaning hit location 03 (which I believe is head). No AT field spread (unless I miss something), First son has a total breach of 7 on this attack though. You could attempt a dodge/parry depending on what you want, and obviously fate points exist (they reset at start of session 2).

If it hits, the damage is 16 (pen 3), I triggered a righteous fury but it didn’t succeed on the second WS roll.

Second son – Full auto range attack (+20 BS), all mecha are in range but it can’t target Zelda as she is in combat I believe. Classed as a large AoE attack, reduced collateral due to being triggered in zone 4.

Rate of fire is 4, no penalties/bonuses for range. Two attacks on both Amaterasu and Unit - RX – 00.

Amaterasu attacks – rolled 53 and beat TN number, no DoS. Hit location is 35 (body), meaning first and second hit are on the body. Damage one is 8, damage two is 7. Breach 7, pen 3. I believe you can dodge one attack, not both. Parry not possible unless you got something special.

Unit - RX – 00 attacks – rolled 58, hit no DoS. Hit location is 85, so right leg on first hit, then body on second. Leg damage is 12, body damage is 12 as well. Breach 7, pen 3.

Remember: Reduce damage by your armour (minus enemy pen) and then reduce by your Eva’s TB bonus (this is not impacted by pen). If hit by multiple attacks (Ruda/Neo) each of them is reduces by Armour/TB separately I believed.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

spacer.png

Eva 17 stats

Structural upgrade: armor enhancement, entry plug(improved), extra wing loadout

Weapon upgrade: Smoke launcher(pallet rifle)

wing loadout 1 store the progressive knife

wing loadout 2 store an extra magazine for pallet rifle

Head: armor 5 wounds 4

right arm: armor 5 wounds 7

left arm: armor 5 wounds 7

body: armor 8 wounds 11

right leg: armor 5 wounds 7

left leg: armor 5 wounds 7

Her heart race, she may be great in the simulator but this is a real battle and she is unprepared, the stress is real the danger is real, there is no quick-load button here.

Outside

She is outside, looked from here London is so strange and "oh f***!"

Zelda see her life, the good, the bad.... and the terrible things she would love to forget but cant, the higher functions of her brain take a coffee break as she re-live a traumatic event that, all things considered, still rank first place, thought being nearly impaled in the head by a monster deserve a solid second place.

Nearly, because Zelda and, in a certain sense, Eva-17, act together, they are similar, both are predators, instinctual, act first think later truly represent them, they narrowly dodge the spear , leaning to the side just enough for it to miss the mark.

Such irony, a funny joke of destiny, she think so low of Evas and yet piloting Unit-17 feel so right.

"You Asshole!" she insult the entity attacking her

Then the other entity bombard London "Bastard!" wasting even more of her precious time to insult son 2

This is completely different from the simulation and Zelda might die of heart attack, but in the chaos there is madness and in madness there is skill

"Anya, Emiko, Silver...focus on the flying motherf***** who's turning our city in a parking lot, i'll keep stabby boy busy for as long as i can" in a way she suspected the fight would go this way, with one pilot distracting an entity while the rest of the forces alpha strike the other, but thinking about a battle and actually being in a battle are two completely different things.

Shes afraid and angry.... and doesnt really know what shes doing, beside trying her best to not die.

Action

Free: curse the dice gods, then thank them, then grumble about their sick sense of humor

Half action: half spread At field, value: 3

Edited by Rudra (see edit history)
Name
dodge (target 52)
1d100 4

Operations Director Assets: Power 2 Firefly VTOL (Markerlight--Single EVA--and Remote MAGI Uplink) and Power 1 Turret Bank

Serena looks at the data coming into her screens, then calmly chooses the Pilots' channel on her headset as she types in some commands at her Command Station. "Zelda is correct. Anya, Emiko, neutralize and kill Gazardiel First Son, the Bombardment Type Pokemon. I will back you up with the Turret Array and Firefly VTOLs. Anya, prepare for incoming Markerlight Uplink. Now kill these assholes so we can eat some victory dinner. Questions or requests tactically?

And Zelda? Hang in there, because we're coming back for you, so do not get killed. And everyone, check your umbilicals, make sure they are plugged in tight." .

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Wounds: 13/13

Ego Barrier: 35/35

Fate Points: 3/3

Fatigue: 0

Insanity Points: 0

Operations Director Actions: 1 Half-Action: Order Power 2 Firefly VTOL to Markerlight Gazardiel First Son and send the Uplink Data to Anya in Unit-RX-0.

1 Half-Action: Order Power 1 Turret Array to Engage Continuous Bombardment of Gazardiel First Son until ordered otherwise.

(Serena knows the AT Field is still up, but this means GAZ1SON gets a face full of high explosives as soon as its AT Field is Neutralized, no delay, and it may just distract it some.)

Edited by Prestar (see edit history)

Emiko
spacer.png

Wounds: 0/12 | Fatigue: 0 | Ego Barrier: 35/35

Gone is Emiko's flippant attitude, or her curiosity, she's no longer interested in the little things. She now is a creature of laser focus. From the moment she got into her entry plug she was absolutely in work mode.

Immediately racing her slim, lithe mecha across the battlefield - though despite this she is leaving the traditional footprints in her wake, she is however remarkably good at avoiding much else. Once in position behind the park, she opens fire across the streets and over the rooftops towards the floating monster. There is a sigh over the radio as she misses.. She's going to be thinking about that first showing for awhile.

Amaterasu Status

Armour Gear Effects
  TB Armour Wounds Deflective Field
Head 3 3 6/6 ATS: 5
R.Arm 3 3 8/8 Deflection: 5
L.Arm 3 3 8/8  
Body 3 6 8/11  
R.Leg 3 3 8/8  
L.Leg 3 3 8/8  
Pallet Rifle• Class: Basic
• Range: 50dam
• ROF: S/2/3
• Damage: 1d10+2 I
• BR: +0
• Pen: 0
• Clip: 6
• Reload: half
• Carbine, Reliable

Progressive Knife• Class: Melee
• Hands: 1
• Damage: 1d5+3 R
• BR: +1
• Pen: 4
• Progressive, Proven(3), Compact
(Wing 1)

• Attempts to dodge Attack 1
- Failed
Attack 1 (8). - Breach 8. - Pen 3.
- Damage: 2

Attack 2 (7). - Breach 8. - Pen 3.
- Damage: 1

• Half Action - Full spread AT Field.
- Deflection Field
• Half Action - Single Attack with Pallet Rifle
- Missed
Name
Dodge attack 1 (29)
1d100 94
Pallet Rifle
1d100 62

image.png.5f61968090df981be013053361e19333.png

Anya's heart is racing, the simulations did not prepare her for this. But this is the mission and her training kicks in.

Seeing unit-17 getting attacked, Anya's first instinct is to go and help. But what Zelda says makes sense, and once Serena confirms her orders Anya maneuvers closer to the floating enemy for a clearer shot.

RX-0 Stats

Location Armour Wounds Critical Damage
Head 5 6  
R arm 5 8  
L arm 5 8  
Body 8 12  8  
R Leg 5 8  1  
L Leg 5 8  

Gear Pallet rifle and Prog knife, left wing has storage for an extra ammo clip.

Something about moving in the Eva feels intuitive until Anya attempts to dodge the incoming attacks, which fails miserably. The pain feedback is a shock, but Anya moves closer for the shot ... but misses.

Anya collects herself "Struggling for a clear shot on the target, might move in closer. Captain, can we keep the markerlight on it."

Damage

Right leg damage 12 (pen 3) = 12 - (5 -3 pen) - 3TB = 7

Body damage 12 (pen 3) = 12 - (8 - 3 pen) - 3TB = 4

Edited by Mattheus2924
Added die rolls (see edit history)
Name
Dodge
1d100 89
Attack
1d100 73

Setting

Time and date: 13:10pm, Thursday, 21st September 2023

Round 2 summary

image.png.6e6b3aa76bd2d9663132ec00cd3b5742.png

Ian Sal (Bridge team)

When Zelda spreads Unit-17’s AT field the second son reacts, moving back ever so slightly. Its eyeless head staring in her direction as the bone spear retracts back within its’ arm, his tail whips from side to side as it weighs up its’ foe, seemingly expecting a counter attack that never comes.

On Zelda’s heads up display a video link of Ian Sal appears, showing the older weathered man tapping away at his computer, a headset somewhat askew on his head. “Magnificent dodge Zelda, stay, um… focused.” There is a moment of silence from the man as he types away at his computer, this time a video replaying the second son attacking Zelda appears. It shows a zoomed in video of the attacker’s arm as his spear protrudes, “th-there are signs of self-harm on the creature, its arm is shredding itself apart bit by bit when it uses the arm spike.”

The image, video and conversation also pops up on Serena’s screen, along with a myriad of other information she is being fed.

On the other side of the battlefield the first son receives a barrage of strikes from two Mecha and the VTOL. Though there is little affect as the AT field proves too strong for the VTOL and the creatures’ unnatural movements allow it to avoid the gunfire.

Round 3

image.png.58523fc693a96020afe662e54a13bf5f.png

The Second Son

Floating above the ruins of London the first son slowly approaches Zelda, which is picked up as a warning alert on her HUD. Eventually the entity comes to a stop, and everyone’s sensors detect the shift in its’ AT field. There is a shimmer around the beast as its field expands towards Unit-17 like a balloon and swallows her. There is a brief moment as the AT field passes through Zelda where her screen stutters and freezes, though it lasts only a second.

The expanded AT field does not distort anyone’s vision, or cause any obvious harm to Unit-17. However, it quickly becomes clear to Zelda that she is confined, the enemy’s AT field refusing to let her move in any direction other than towards the source, the first son.

The second son takes this opportunity to attack once more, taking a short run up you watch as the creature swings its arm low as if about to roll a ball, at the last second you watch the bone spear extend out attempting to tear into Unit-17’s left arm. Its’ attack passes through its brother’s AT field with no issue, like a warm knife through butter.

image.png.43ebf86adda9216c063cdf64af3c6dec.png

The First Son

OOC

Collateral Damage total: 16.5

Tarvgarian Analysis - Second son has 1 wound at the start of this round.

As a note, due to the size of the enemy, all attacks on them are at -10.

I will be loosely tracking your AT fields on roll20. However the thread is the source of truth. This will be the red bar.

I will also do this for the Entities, ideally you should see how full or empty the bar is but no numbers. If you see numbers, please say :D

I have drawn on umbilical cords for the two characters that moved, I will do this at the start of each round. This is important as Entities can attack the cables

@Neopopulas if I am reading your post right and the done mechanics right. You should have damage recorded. In your post (I assume you didn’t remember to update your table). I however get 2 and 1 damage (not 5 and 4) as I don’t think you have reduced for your Mecha TB? I could be wrong. Let me know.

Note – When any of you use the Neutralize talent, please read the special. I find it is a useful mechanic if you face enemies with extremely high AT/deflection.

Show combat mechanics

First son – Half action, moves 10dam. Half action, uses AT power on Unit-17. This uses ATS/ATP but the Entities AT field/deflection does not weaken. First son also now in 20dam of Unit-17, normally there would be a WP/fear test but Unit-17 failed against the second son so is immune.

Second son – Full round action (all out attack, +20WS), cannot dodge/parry any attacks this round. Rolled 62 and hits, location is 26 (left arm). 9 impact damage, breach 6, pen 3.

Emiko
spacer.png

Emiko has her orders. Serena had said to destroy First Son. Her initial attempt had been a failure - she was a poor shot, unfortunately - so she did the next best thing she could.

Her Evangelion took off running, sprinting across the park and leaving deep furrows in her wake, despite the deceptively small size. Once she was within range of the First Son she stretched out her AT field towards it's and, layering hers over the top, attempts to cancel them out. It is a rather.. unnerving feeling but it is what she was here for.

Amaterasu Status

Armour Gear / Effects Effects
  TB Armour Wounds AT Field
Head 3 3 6/6 Type: Neutralize
R.Arm 3 3 8/8 ATS: 0/5
L.Arm 3 3 8/8 Deflection: 1
Body 3 6 8/11  
R.Leg 3 3 8/8  
L.Leg 3 3 8/8  
Pallet Rifle
Progressive Knife (Wing 1)

Entry Plug +5 BS/WS
Autobalancer +10 Acrobatics
Small-Scale Enemies take -10 to all attacks
Reactive Eva always has 1 Deflection
• Move within 20dam of First Son
• Shift to Neutralize Field to counter the enemy AT

Attacking Target: -
Ballistic Skill 35
Entry Plug +10
Range +10
Target Number:  

Name
WP to resist fear (30)
1d100 27

spacer.png

Eva 17 stats

ATS 1/5

Neutralize 4 on Son-1

Deflection 1

"audio only!" she smash some button to close Ian video link, she's kind of busy right now with two entities directing their attention to her, the last thing she need is a pop up cluttering her field of view.

She will feel sorry later, if there is a later, Ian has provided useful information, it's the way he did that is not suited for the current situation.

The first son trap her in a cage that she cant break on her own, but this is not necessarily a bad thing, she had no intention to leave her position and now son-1 is within her range

Unit-17 lean to her right as stabby boy lunge to her arm, the spike go wide once more and now Son-2 is open for retaliation.

Zelda read the fight and can instinctively tell how it will develop but she has little time to think, none to explain and even if she had, she wouldnt know how to explain, it's easier to do it herself than to direct others.

While holding the rifle with the left hand, she quick draw the progressive knife, but this is mostly to keep Son-2 interested in Unit-17. She chose to not attack her foe and instead raise her ATS to the max, Zelda then extend it, joining Amaterasu's efforts, a tag team attack to completely nullify son-1 deflective field.

Actions

Half action: raise ATS field to 5

free action: quick draw knife(hold rifle in left hand)

half action: neutralize Son-1, investing 4 points

Name
Dodge(target 52)
1d100 1

RX-0 Stats

Head 5 6  
R arm 5 8  
L arm 5 8  
Body 8 12  8  
R Leg 5 8  1  
L Leg 5 8  

ATS Total

Deflect/Neutralize 3/0

"Argh, come on - do better!" Anya is getting frustrated with herself.

The alert from firsts sons AT shift snaps her back into focus.

As she recalls her training simulations Anya spreads her AT field into deflect, she then lines up another shot on first son.

The adrenaline from the pain or her anger towards herself must be working, because this time she does not miss.

Actions

Half action - half spread AT to 3 into deflective field.

Half action - attack with pallet rifle successful

Attack +2 breach (from trained for war trait), then 1d10 + 2 impact

= 2 breach, 9 impact damage

Edited by Mattheus2924 (see edit history)
Name
Ranged attack (59)
1d100 46
Attack Damage
1d10+2 7

Operations Director Assets: Power 2 Firefly VTOL (Markerlight--Single EVA--and Remote MAGI Uplink) and Power 1 Turret Bank

Serena is in her zone as she intakes all the data and sends out orders in a mix of verbal orders, typed orders, and a pidgin of NERV Battlesign and US Armed Forces Combat Sign (those last two to the people in the Command Bridge with her). She calls up the radio frequency for the Firefly Flight of 4 VTOLs. "Firefly Flight, Silver, Snap Heading One-Eight-Zero at Angels Two-Five and Move Two-Five-Zero Meters South. Continue to Markerlight Target GAZONESON until ordered otherwise or forced to evade. Execute, Silver Clear." Serena than switches over to the Turret Control channel on her headset. "Turret control, proceed with rapid continuous fire on GAZONESON until it is destroyed." Muting her headset, she turns to Angela Yuni.

"Angela, good job with the Markerlight Uplink to Anya, keep it steady."

Serena then re-enables her headset, and patches herself into the Pilots' general frequency (sometimes known as the 'Command Frequency'). "Okay my dear Pilots, you're finding your range and your jam, now shove your boots down their throats, dump your mags up their asses, and guts them with your Progressive Knives before stomping their Cores to death.

What do you all need against Fugly Huggy Pokémon and Cheaty Bombardment Pokémon?"

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Operations Director Actions: 1 Half-Action: Order Power 2 Firefly VTOL to Move 5 Spaces South (Marked with Green Line) and Continue to Markerlight Gazardiel First Son and send the Uplink Data to Anya in Unit-RX-0.

1 Half-Action: Order Power 1 Turret Array to Continue to Engage in Continuous Bombardment of Gazardiel First Son until ordered otherwise.

(Serena knows the AT Field is still up, but this means GAZ1SON gets a face full of high explosives as soon as its AT Field is Neutralized, no delay, and it may just distract it some.)

Free Action: Talk to Some People.

Setting

Time and date: 13:11pm, Thursday, 21st September 2023

Round 3 summary

image.jpeg.4bd6978432f97e8a2aa806ed8691e3aa.jpeg

Angela Yumi (Bridge team)

The First Son’s AT field is on the brink of collapse when Emiko extends out Amaterasu’s field, the shimmer of power can be seen convulsing with instability. When Zelda shifts Unit-17’s attention onto the First Son as well its' field completely collapses, opening the foe up to a barrage of turret fire from London and bullets from Unit RX-0.

The strikes hit true, tearing open wounds in the first son. On Anya’s heads up display the video feed of Angela appears, her expression is one of calm focus as she presses a button to unmute her headset. “Injury confirmed on the First Son Anya, prepare yourself to retaliation. First Son’s AT matter is shifting again, prepare for bombardment. Close distance to increase hit rate by roughly 10%.” As she speaks you watch a holographic path appear on your HUDs, advising on multiple tactical locations to situate yourself.

Round 4

image.png.58523fc693a96020afe662e54a13bf5f.png

The Second Son

When the First Son is struck with bullets it wastes no time in curling up his body, hiding its’ core against the attacks. Its' AT readings begin to fluctuate once more. You watch as droplets of its’ own body pull away from its flesh, each glowing with an intense energy.

They briefly fly up into the sky, though waste no time in forming a halo as before, instead they rain down furiously upon Unit RX-0 with the intention of annihilating the mecha. RX-0 is not the only thing at risk, the entire area within almost a hundred meters of the Mecha is shredded by the First Son.

The Second Son does not change its tactics as its brethren is wounded, a singular focus is on Unit-17 as its proceeds to launch itself off of nearby buildings, swiping out with its arm spear in all possible directions hoping to land a decisive strike upon its’ foe.

image.png.43ebf86adda9216c063cdf64af3c6dec.png

The First Son

OOC

Collateral Damage total: 24.5

Tarvgarian Analysis - Second son has 2 wounds at the start of this round.

Show combat mechanics

First son – Attempts to dodge Anya's attack and fails, takes damage to the body. There is no AT field present.

Turret fire damage to first son is 6 = 5 rolled +1 for unit power, damage location is body.

Action - Full auto range attack (+20 BS), all mecha are in range but it can’t target Zelda as she is in combat. Classed as a large AoE attack, full collateral dealt as source and targets all in zone 3.

Rate of fire is 4, +10 BS due to range and +20 BS for full auto. All attacks are on Unit - RX – 00.

Unit - RX – 00 attacks – rolled 43, hit 0 DoS. Gets two extra hits because of 2 DoS. Hit location is 34, so body on first hit, then body on second and third hit on left arm. Missed bullet won't do collateral as already got that from AoE attack.

First body damage is 12, second body damage is 6 and left arm hit is 7. All attacks have Breach 7, pen 3 and are Energy type. Remember armour and TB reduce each set of damage (make sure you calculate both damages for the body separate and add them up at the very end, or else maths is wrong!)

Second sonFull round action (all out attack, +20WS), cannot dodge/parry any attacks this round. Rolled 48 and hits, location is 84 (right leg). 14 impact damage, breach 6, pen 3.

Edited by darkhugh (see edit history)

Emiko
spacer.png

She has locked down the First Son, that was her job, she had its AT field in her grasp - so to speak.. - she had overlapped the two and canceled them out.. Which was good, but it was also terrifying.

But she had other things to do, she had to focus, she had a job to do.

But she was perhaps too focused.. Instead her attack goes wide.

Amaterasu Status

Armour Equipment Effects
  TB Armour Wounds AT Field
Head 3 3 6/6 Type: Neutralize
R.Arm 3 3 8/8 ATS: 0/5
L.Arm 3 3 8/8 Deflection: 1
Body 3 6 8/11  
R.Leg 3 3 8/8  
L.Leg 3 3 8/8  
Weapons
  Range ROF Dam BR Pen Clip Reload
Pallet Rifle 50 S/2/3 1d10+2 0 0 6/6 Half
Progressive Knife Melee 1 hand 1d5+3R +1 4 0 -

Entry Plug +5 BS/WS
Autobalancer +10 Acrobatics
Small-Scale Enemies take -10 to all attacks
Reactive Eva always has 1 Deflection
• [Half Action] Continue to Neutralize First Son's AT Field
• [Half Action] Standard Attack

Attacking Target: First Son (Pallet Rifle)
Ballistic Skill 35
Entry Plug +10
Range +10
Target Number: 55

Name
Pallet Rifle (55)
1d100 75

spacer.png

Eva 17 stats

ATS 3/5

Neutralize 2 on Son-1

Deflection 3

The sensation of being powerless is terrible, the entities are destroying London and theres nothing she can do about it, she can fight her best fight, but for what? the cavalry isnt coming anytime soon, the way things are going the cavalry might end up needing help.

She attempt to strike Son-2 but the futility of such action is evident to her, the lack of conviction result in a miss

"Anya, kill it quickly or use your own AT field to neutralize it, i wont resist forever" a double neutralize is needed to let the turrets do their job, she's so convinced of their importance to give up her offense for them, but even Zelda's luck will run out, sooner or later

Actions

Free: sustain neutralize on son-1, but dedicate only 2 ATS to it (neutralize 2 on Son-1), this increase Unit-17 deflection to 3

Half action: aim

Half action: attack son 2 (base 39+5 upgrade+10aim-10size)

Name
Dodge(target 52)
1d100 24
melee attack(target 44)
1d100 53

Operations Director Assets: Power 2 Firefly VTOL (Markerlight--Single EVA--and Remote MAGI Uplink) and Power 1 Turret Bank (1d10+1 Impact Damage; 10 dam From Base of Operations Range)

Serena takes in the efforts of her Pilots, then speaks to the Command Frequency (Audio Only) to all of them. "Okay, we have the AT Field down on GAZONESON, so Anya and Emiko, keep up pouring on the hurt on GAZONESON. Zelda, it hurts, but keep doing an excellent job keeping GAZTWOSON busy long enough for us to dirtnap his more annoying brother and then your two fellows can come and assist you. The Turrets are currently pouring on the asskicking on GAZONESON alongside the efforts of Anya and Emiko, so keep up the Neutralization on GAZONESON and this should be over sooner rather than later. Stay frosty, you're trained for this, and if you see something, call it out." Silver mutes her headset and checks things, including her standing orders to the Turret Array and Firefly VTOLs.

Captain Serena Silver

spacer.png

Operations Director Actions: 1 Half-Action: Order Power 2 Firefly VTOL to Hold Location and Continue to Markerlight Gazardiel First Son and send the Uplink Data to Anya in Unit-RX-0. (Anya is at +10 Ballistic Skill to Attack Gazardiel First Son as long as it is Markerlighted.)

1 Half-Action: Order Power 1 Turret Array to Continue to Engage in Continuous Bombardment of Gazardiel First Son until ordered otherwise. 

Free Action: Talk to Some People.

Name
Turret Attack (1d10+1)
1d10+1 6

Anya Stats

Ego Barrier 30
Insanity 1
Fate 1/2
Fatigue 0
Feedback Threshold 3

RX-0 Stats

Head 5 6  
R arm 5 8  
L arm 5 8  
Body 8 12  8  4  
R Leg 5 8  1  
L Leg 5 8  

ATS Total

Deflect/Neutralize 3/0

Actions

Dodge attempt - TN 36, no modifiers - failed

Damage: 12 - (armour 8 - 3 pen) - 3TB =4

1/2 action - 1/2 move

Failed WP for angelic fear. Sickened and shaken: -10 to all tests, until snap out of it

Synch disruption 15, Synch ration drops to 50 (operates normally)

Ranged attack on first son = BS 49+ 5 for markerlight +10 (within half range) - 10 sickened = 54

"Got it" Anya responds to Angela, as it dawns on her that she is not making use of the support being offered to her from those around her - too used to having to do things by herself. Probably why she missed the first shot even with assistance.

She does not have time to dwell as she attempts to dodge the barrage of enemy beams raining down around her. But as the beams rip through the the buildings and Anya sees pain and death around her, the images and stories of what happened in Berlin, to her people distracts her long enough... and let's out a gasp of pain as she is hit.

Taking on Angela's advice and hearing Zelda's words Anya moves in closer to go for the kill. That is until she gets closer to the creatures. She feels sick and starts shaking, as her mind flashes between the creatures in front of her and the destruction of Berlin and around her.

The mission comes first for Anya though and she attempts to fire at first son as ordered now that she is closer...but her hands are just shaking too much and she misses.

Edited by Mattheus2924 (see edit history)
Name
Dodge TN(36)
1d100 84
WP to resist fear TN(29)
1d100 90
Fate point to re-roll failed WP TN(29)
1d100 86
Synch disruption
2d10 7,8
Ranged attack TN(54)
1d100 89