Spire Dormitory

hoverfrog

This is where you start the round. I'm afraid the map is quite busy and the rooms are massive so you're quite spread out and the icons are tiny.

image.png.e37d81e99cd2b59602b2d88b4a8b5586.png

Could I have actions from everyone except Olis who has grabbed a shield and weapon and moved to her door. The laundry is definitely last.

Initiative

Olis - 24
Anna - 23
Kraawkaw - 20
Marica - 18
Odd laundry - 7

Well, Annah is striding and getting to the action! Will take a while. Depends on whenever I gotta use an action to open the door.

6 minutes ago, daltar said:

Well, Annah is striding and getting to the action! Will take a while. Depends on whenever I gotta use an action to open the door.

Yeah, you do. I'm assuming that the doors are closed by not locked.

@hoverfrog

Based on the previous description "stretching, the tengu is about to undress when two of the pieces of cloth lurch and hop into sight," can I presume that Kraawkaw has his component pouch still on his person?

Put another way, will he be able to cast Needle Darts next round (if he chooses)?

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

@farothel If you open the Show Active Map tab in the most recent GM post, you should find Olis over to the left side of the map. Her move is 30' so my quick counting suggests that she cannot quite reach melee range after x3 Strides. Close though.

But definitely check ... I just counted quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Party rundown on Diplomacy (for the chick-finding task). Kraawkaw has +5; two others +4. Caeliria has/had +5 also, but ...

Perhaps Marica and/or Olis try Aid and have Kraawkaw make the Diplomacy Check to get the highest bonus (+7 if Aid is successful). Maybe get GM to roll that one? :-)

Maybe wandering about in "pairs" would be more discrete -- though remain in sight of each other? A larger group sticking together might be a tell-tale for Magaambya?

Initial thoughts only ... certainly willing to entertain other ideas.

Out of a game mechanics curiosity, can Player A aid Player B and if that fails; can B try to aid A? Or is there really just a single "check?"

Edited by Vedast (see edit history)

38 minutes ago, saithor said:

Edit: So I think i just gave Vedast a -1......

tbh, I was really worried about rolling a crit fail on that Treat Wounds a post back. 🤕

On 4/24/2024 at 3:52 PM, Vedast said:

Out of a game mechanics curiosity, can Player A aid Player B and if that fails; can B try to aid A? Or is there really just a single "check?"

So the Aid action actually comes before the action. You provide some narrative as to how you're helping and make an Aid roll. Then the PC taking the action rolls their check. PbP makes that a bit impractical so feel free to Aid after a roll.

I'm waiting for a reply to my question about how real this is before we move to the market. Then I'll make a post with some information on how I do this (but I've already rolled so the story can continue even if I can't do this for some reason).