Introductions

prophane

I'll start.

I'm Jason, or prophane, or GMjasonGURPS.

I've been playing GURPS for nearly 40 years, since junior high. Car Wars was my gateway game. Is pretty much my main game and typically I'm the GM, but I like playing, too.

I currently run 3 GURPS games (all set in Greyhawk setting) here on MW and play in another (an old west game) .

I also run 3 online GURPS games on Roll20 (but desperately want to move to Foundry, just need tome to figure that out) and play in a Pulp Cthulhu game as well as an online 5e DnD game.

I facilitate a small (30+ people) Discord server for all of my games and players. Each campaign has its own channel plus a general chat for everyone to share. Once a month i host Gamers Chatting, a live voice chat where all my players are invited (usually between 5-10 participate) and we just shoot the breeze and talk about whatever's on our minds, gaming- related or otherwise. If anyone oods interested in joining my little Discord, just let me know, it's a good little group of folks.

I run one in-person GURPS campaign, though we're between campaigns now and playing some Warhammer RPG with a different GM. I may start up a concurrent OSE game to try my hand at a non-GURPS game for a change.

I keep a sometime updates blog about some of my campaigns, Dark Paths and Wandered Roads.

Outside of rpgs, I love all sorts of board and card games, though not video game player at all... I like hiking and traveling and going to concerts (anything loud, fast, and/or heavy. I love movies as well. I used to be a musician and think I might be starting that back up as well.

So, that's me. Hi.

j!

zpee7.jpg.5e9fadc480b27a7512228328082290f4.jpg

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Hey it's ya girl Morphling. GURPS was my first TTRPG, which means I've been playing it for about 28 years now. I'm only in one GURPS games right now, I've been more attached to rules-light games such as PbtA and FitD lately, but I still have a soft spot for GURPS.

Hey, all!

My first GURPS game was in... maybe 1992? 1993? It was run by a fellow that I had met in school, and was based on Roger Zelazny's Amber series. I don't really remember that much about it other than that we transitioned to GURPS from Amber Diceless, which was a very big system change, but it worked out okay.

My most recent GURPS game was on Legacy Mythweavers; GURPS Street Level Supers, run by Mirtai. I played Clark Skeets aka Skeeter, who was a well-meaning, if not very bright speedster in a world that was just becoming aware of super powers after some sort of "science accident." Man, but I really liked Skeeter.

Hi all,

I first played GURPS when it was actually still just Melee and Wizard back in the early 80's while a bunch of us kids were riding across state in the back of the local funeral parlor's van on the way to a youth group event. From there I've played or run many different GURPS 3rd and 4th edition campaigns. Traveller, Wild Cards/Supers, Old/Weird West, and Fantasy. My local group even went through the Witchfire campaign from Privateer Press using GURPS which was a real blast.

Anyway, I took a long break from GURPS as my local group preferred PF for several years. Playing more PbP over the last seven or eight years, over on the Paizo forums, I gave 5th Edition a try along with a few of the more narrative and rules lite systems like FATE, BitD, or PbtA. I even tried mashing together a FATE for Battletech ruleset which worked out...meh...okay, but was harder and more time consuming in the PbP format than I had hoped.

Jumping over here to MW, it seems the GURPS bug might be biting my ear again. I haven't really had the time to set up and GM another campaign, but the ideas are starting to flow again. As soon as things ease up a bit in RL, then I hope to get some things 'on paper' and maybe start giving a new GURPS PbP a try.

Cheers

@DM-Tareth played your first "GURPS" game trekking in the back of a funeral parlor van? That is a wild and amazing story! I played at the table in my basement. Just no comparison there. Wow!

Glad you joined the group and hope that GURPS bug keeps nibbling. I'm hoping to encourage more folk to get out there and run GURPS games!

we've had a couple new members join in last couple of days, welcome!

Please introduce yourselves tell us a bit about your GURPS gaming experience.

And as for you folk that have been in the group for a bit already but still haven't said hi... what are you waiting for?

This can only be a community if we treat it as one.

Edited by prophane (see edit history)

Hey all! I'm Nicole, though you may know me as Angelic Crux if you were active on Romance of the Three Kingdoms forums (I've seen a few Myth-Weavers I know were a part of them)!

I was lucky enough to grow up with an unlimited book budget, which meant I had a LOT of GURPS books. And as a homeschooled kid, they were kind of like having a textbook and RPG supplement in one (like Ars Magica, but somewhat more applicable). Sadly, I never really had many in-person opportunities to convince a group to stick to GURPS.

So, truth be told, my GURPS experience with actual play has been almost entirely in forum games. Which suits me well enough since, working in Beijing, this might be my best bet for finding good longform roleplaying partners.

I tend to play characters defined by some deep, nigh unresolvable thematic tension. Maybe it's 'cause I cut my teeth on the Classic World of Darkness. Or maybe it's because I teach literature. Probably both.

Even if the two GURPS games I've been in here were a bit short-lived, I still cherish the stories I got to write there. And read (Skeeter was an absolute joy every post, Silverbane!).

Hi everyone,

I am new to Myth-Weavers, although I played PbP games for a long time several years ago. I took some time off to go to graduate school, and am now trying to get back into playing.

I don't have a lot of real experience with GURPS, but I love the system and want to explore it more. I have the basic 4e books and am working my way through those. I would love to play in a GURPS game here - either as a player, or possibly as a GM. If anyone has an opening in one of their games let me know and I'll check it out.

I'm looking forward to interacting with all of you!

• 3 weeks later...

Caffeine11 here. Been a GURPS player since the days of Man to Man and the GURPS boxed set. Car Wars was the gateway drug to SJG products. Lived in Austin back in the early 90s and helped play test a few of the 3rd edition supplements. Bumped around a lot in the military and didn't have regular gaming groups so I moved over to play by post on Yahoo Groups and other sites like Myth Weavers.

• 1 month later...

Hey all 👋

I'm TheDragonOfFlame, you can call me Dragon or El, whichever you prefer. I've had to take hiatus from the weave for a while, because I've had no time for gaming. It's looking like I might have the time to commit in the near future, so I'm re-emerging here.

I love GURPS. I've made a ton of characters, and read a ton of books, but I can count the games I've actually played on one hand. I haven't played for several months, so I feel a bit rusty, but I'll get the hang of it again.

I'm going to try and review my GURPS knowledge and lay out some plans for a game on the future, but I am going to take it slow because I really want to be sure I won't have to kill another game. I haven't been the most consistent player in the past, simply because my schedule seems to constantly change, and because of my tendency to overcommit. So I plan to stick to one game, to guarantee I'll be able to carry it through.

Expect a post about a GURPS game sometime in the next few weeks.

ร—
ร—