Character Creation

Sorithar

@Chaz Hoosier, for some reason it will not let me quote your earlier question, which I seem to have overlooked until now, but the answer regarding the question about the Spiritual Totem alternate class feature from CC is both yes and no. Yes to the ACF and no to the Lion Totem, the only one I would not allow from that list.

I'd be willing to consider an alternate option for the Lion Totem or even a custom totem if one were proposed though.

15 hours ago, Chaz Hoosier said:

Nope. Regional feats are just additional options for characters from those regions.

Haven't ported all the House Rules to this site, so relevant one:

Regional Feats

You may take more than 1 Regional Feat, but cannot select more than one at any given level.

Regional Feats that may only be taken at level 1, can still only be taken at character creation.

After level 1, if you wish to take a Regional Feat, you must have 2 or more ranks in Knowledge (Local) for the region that applies to the feat you wish to take.

This is a meshing of the rules from the original FRCS and the updates in the PGtF.
Edited by Sorithar (see edit history)

22 minutes ago, Thramzorean said:

Are the Domain feats in Complete Champion allowed options please @Sorithar?

Haven't ported all the House Rules to this site, so relevant one:

Domain Feats (Complete Champion)

Update to Domain Feat house ruling:

The power of a Domain feat is useable 1/day.

Turn or Rebuke undead attempts cannot be used to power additional uses of a Domain feat.

However, if a Domain feat is taken in liu of access to a Domain, the additional uses clause for that Domain feat does apply.

Regardless, under no circumstances, can a character have more than two Domain feats.

Special: The Domain feat Knowledge Devotion has an additional two clauses:

A. Cloistered Cleric cannot exchange its bonus access to the Knowledge Domain for the Domain feat. Access to the Knowledge Domain is a key component of the class' themeatic feel and replacing it with the Domain feat defeats that concept.

B. When using the ability granted by the feat, your roll must still exceed the base DC to identify the creature in question (e.g. 10+HD) before granting any bonus.

Ok, so I decided to give it a go with the stats I got, but I have some questions:

• What´s the decision regarding banning non-DMG prestige classes? It would be good to know, since it can have a huge impact on what kind of character I try to make.
  • Would you allow the Ranger ACF that makes it lose Combat Style but gain Fast Movement (as Barbarian)? It also gains Wild Shape (as Druid), but I only plan to take a few Ranger levels, so that won´t matter.
  • Would you allow the Ring of Arming? (pg 122, MIC)

@Sorithar

Edited by DarthAnthrax
Add mention for DM (see edit history)

14 hours ago, DarthAnthrax said:

Ok, so I decided to give it a go with the stats I got, but I have some questions:

• What´s the decision regarding banning non-DMG prestige classes? It would be good to know, since it can have a huge impact on what kind of character I try to make.
  • Would you allow the Ranger ACF that makes it lose Combat Style but gain Fast Movement (as Barbarian)? It also gains Wild Shape (as Druid), but I only plan to take a few Ranger levels, so that won´t matter.
  • Would you allow the Ring of Arming? (pg 122, MIC)

@Sorithar

1. Decision outstanding, but limit would be to DMG and most FR prestige classes in approved sources, not just DMG.
  2. Sure, but note that multi-class penalties are in effect.
  3. Possibly, leaning towards yes, but not at this level.

5 hours ago, Sorithar said:

Yes, following review of ask.

Understood. Alas, not actually relevant any longer as it turns out. Realized having sold myself on a character idea I really like, I've shot myself in the foot. I'd forgotten Kelemvor didn't ascend until well after the time of troubles, after the current date, 1368 ho ho. 🙃🤣

Back to the drawing board.

Edit: I see the other game starts appropriately timeline-wise. Well, another ranger at kick-off can hardly be at the top of the pile of potentially desired recruits but I shall execute this character regardless. 🥳

Edited by Thramzorean (see edit history)

I'm just hoping a knight in full plate armor with a paladins warhorse is appropriate...

spelunking and swimming could become a challenge, but I am up for anything !!!

@Sorithar couple of items pending approval

• Armor magical property : Daylight (MIC.9) cost 3,000 gp (Paladin of Lathander seems appropriate, cast Daylight 60'r up to 30 mins / day)
  • Armor crystal : Restful crystal (MIC.26) cost 500 gp (may keep armor on during adventures during rest periods with no penalty)
Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

@Sorithar I have just discovered Complete Champion....

Q's

1. do you accept the Holy Warrior non spell caster option for a Paladin (Complete Champion p.46)
  2. if so are the Divine feats mentioned on the table from Complete Divine for the Holy Warrior bonus feats as mentioned in Complete Champion p.46

Looking to make my Paladin concept even more front line effective !!!