General Hangout!

Varen Tai

8 minutes ago, Taigains said:

Hullo! I have a character living in my head rent free and would love a private post ro set them up in. Maybe with a nice couch, some chairs, a ritualistic stone slab for sacrifices, maybe a rug?

You can create your own private thread, no need for me to do it. :)

10 hours ago, Crownguard said:

And here I was thinking I may retire from Myth-Weavers for good....

Slower paced and RL friendly? High role vs rollplay? A character who didn't congeal off the wall of a dark tavern?

You had my curiosity...but now you have my attention.

I have a lot of sadly orphan characters and ideas in a folder; I may need to go through and see if something strikes me to either re-work and try, or sparks a few new ideas.

Looking forward to your contributions!

However, let me clarify for the general populace - the game isn't necessarily slower paced. It's being designed like a book - scenes with certain characters in it while others are not present. When your character is on deck, we want a decent pace for responses. 1x/week won't be quick enough, we'll definitely need more than that. You might go a couple of scenes without your PC being on stage, so it might go some time before you're posting again (and I will work to keep those to a minimum amount of time - if 3 months go by without you posting because you're not on stage, I'm doing something wrong as the GM), but we do want you to post regularly when you're not waiting in the wings. Specifically because your PC won't always be on stage is why 1x/week posting won't work - it's already slowed down for everyone because of doing scenes, if the person on stage is being really slow, that's keeping everyone else from getting back on stage.

Not to say we don't understand RL, because we totally do, I just want to make sure everyone understands what I mean by "slow burn". ;)

Well well well... It seems as though my dream came true and I finally stumbled upon a campaign that favors roleplaying that is ALSO long term! I'm so looking forward to join this!

Ok so, how good are you with Homebrew and matt mercer content? If you want I can send you the link to the homebrew I want to use.

I have a few orphan characters I'm really looking forward to use,one of which I am writing an entire novel about (which I will also link if you want)

Also,English is my second language so while I will try my very best to write as properly as possible, mistakes will happen.

2 hours ago, Fwog said:

Well well well... It seems as though my dream came true and I finally stumbled upon a campaign that favors roleplaying that is ALSO long term! I'm so looking forward to join this!

Ok so, how good are you with Homebrew and matt mercer content? If you want I can send you the link to the homebrew I want to use.

I have a few orphan characters I'm really looking forward to use,one of which I am writing an entire novel about (which I will also link if you want)

Also,English is my second language so while I will try my very best to write as properly as possible, mistakes will happen.

I want depth, and if your homebrew ideas can give me depth without becoming OP or min-maxing, then I'm all in. Sell me on it!

Also, we can forgive English mistakes if your writing and character depth are good enough!

Hello. I have a character that I developed through the D&D Laboratory that took on a life of her own. I have (in my head), three generations of her family conceived along with a Patron and his crew supporting her, her brother and his crew opposing her, and a few interesting aspects of her world. I hope she may be considered.

24 minutes ago, PixCO said:

Hello. I have a character that I developed through the D&D Laboratory that took on a life of her own. I have (in my head), three generations of her family conceived along with a Patron and his crew supporting her, her brother and his crew opposing her, and a few interesting aspects of her world. I hope she may be considered.

Looking forward to it!

@Nighteyes5678 if I'm not mistaken you used to have a character questionnaire that was great... So you still have it? Unless that was a different nighteyes... If so Nevermind.

@Varen Tai Is there any context we can run with that I missed? I love creating characters and fitting them into a world, for me that's part of the fun and challenge. I love creating depth, but if I have to sketch out all the breadth as well it can be rather daunting.

Hey, before I work on my concepts, How much liberties can we take with the lore? I can make NPCs,and a backstory,but can I create an event in the lore? Like a revolution or something? Or should I keep it to a minimum?

17 minutes ago, Fwog said:

Hey, before I work on my concepts, How much liberties can we take with the lore? I can make NPCs,and a backstory,but can I create an event in the lore? Like a revolution or something? Or should I keep it to a minimum?

Go crazy. If we need to adjust it, we can after the fact. It's a flexible FR in my head since I'm already homebrewing some significant stuff.

36 minutes ago, Rumrunner said:

@Nighteyes5678 if I'm not mistaken you used to have a character questionnaire that was great... So you still have it? Unless that was a different nighteyes... If so Nevermind.

@Varen Tai Is there any context we can run with that I missed? I love creating characters and fitting them into a world, for me that's part of the fun and challenge. I love creating depth, but if I have to sketch out all the breadth as well it can be rather daunting.

If it's the same Nighteyes, he likely grabbed his questionnaire from my old one. ;) We've been working together a long time.

I've not given any real context aside from being in the FR after Avernus. You are free to create even unknown locations or homebrew stuff and we can adjust as needs be.

9 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

If it's the same Nighteyes, he likely grabbed his questionnaire from my old one. ;) We've been working together a long time.

I've not given any real context aside from being in the FR after Avernus. You are free to create even unknown locations or homebrew stuff and we can adjust as needs be.

That's hilarious... Noted.. For mechanical stuff, any restrictions on content? I like my mechanics to match my Fluff