Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

General Hangout!

Varen Tai

One of my most enjoyed, yet bitterly short, gaming ventures happened back during Shadowrun 3e at the college Gamer's Guild I was at.

I played a guy named Roy, a human weapon's expert, who had a van full of guns and was in effect going to be a sniper for the team.

Now, everybody else?

Everybody else rolled up a biker gang of trolls and purposely had their expenses/starting money be their weak stat. Which meant that they didn't have a bunch of monster motorcycles.

They had mopeds.

All of them.

"How...economical..." was my character's response after an in character bit of "Who's on First" regarding that yes, they all rode in on dinky little pizza delivery vehicles.

The sad thing is this group had GREAT synergy and we successfully kept all sorts of undesirables from crashing a party we'd been hired for as out door security. Some lunatic even tried to literally crash the gate by driving a motorcycle (!) through it but the trolls football teamed the guy and carried off his bike; they would later determine who got dibs. But the group only lasted the one session.

6 minutes ago, TonberryKing said:

One of my most enjoyed, yet bitterly short, gaming ventures happened back during Shadowrun 3e at the college Gamer's Guild I was at.

I played a guy named Roy, a human weapon's expert, who had a van full of guns and was in effect going to be a sniper for the team.

Now, everybody else?

Everybody else rolled up a biker gang of trolls and purposely had their expenses/starting money be their weak stat. Which meant that they didn't have a bunch of monster motorcycles.

They had mopeds.

All of them.

"How...economical..." was my character's response after an in character bit of "Who's on First" regarding that yes, they all rode in on dinky little pizza delivery vehicles.

The sad thing is this group had GREAT synergy and we successfully kept all sorts of undesirables from crashing a party we'd been hired for as out door security. Some lunatic even tried to literally crash the gate by driving a motorcycle (!) through it but the trolls football teamed the guy and carried off his bike; they would later determine who got dibs. But the group only lasted the one session.

Hahahahaha! Yeah, this is exactly the kind of brilliant lunacy that Shadowrun generates. I would have loved to play an actual game.

Oh my. I've seen this half a month ago, got interested, but family came and I totally forgot. I hope it's still up and running. I'll have a character prepared in the next 360 hours. Lemme just add the game to follow and I won't forget again.

Edited by Coruja (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, Coruja said:

Oh my. I've seen this half a month ago, got interested, but family came and I totally forgot. I hope it's still up and running. I'll have a character prepared in the next 360 hours. Lemme just add the game to follow and I won't forget again.

Looking forward to your submission!

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

A general request for all of you using private threads to build your character:

Unless you create a new post, I am not notified when you do any edits. When you are done or wanting me to take a look at what you have, give a *poke* post on your thread so I don't have to continually review a ton of threads on the chance that someone has updated theirs.

I want to apologize to everyone who hasn't gotten quality time from me. I got sick last week and it's been steadily getting worse. It's not covid, pretty sure it's a bad cold or the flu. Either way, my brain feels like a marshmellow and sometimes I read something only to realize that I have nothing clever to say because I am full of fluff.

So, please don't read into my relative silence.

9 minutes ago, Nighteyes5678 said:

I want to apologize to everyone who hasn't gotten quality time from me. I got sick last week and it's been steadily getting worse. It's not covid, pretty sure it's a bad cold or the flu. Either way, my brain feels like a marshmellow and sometimes I read something only to realize that I have nothing clever to say because I am full of fluff.

So, please don't read into my relative silence.

EXCUSES! Back to work! I don't not pay you to just sit around and get sick!

EDIT: also, "marshmAllow". smh

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

Apologies for myself - I'm not sick, but I mentioned in my advertisement post that I have less time on holidays than I do when I am working. I am currently on vacation until the beginning of the year, and my workload around the house has increased accordingly. 😁 I am making time to go over applications as I can, and I promise I will get to them, but I have to fit it in between all the holidaying and errands (read: VT is the go to errand boy for everything his wife and kids need) our family is doing in the meantime.

Here's the approximate timeline as far as I can predict. Around Jan 1, we will close the game for new applications. Very shortly thereafter, we will announce the players, and we will spend a little time working with them to get the crunchy bits worked out. I would guess by around Jan 7, we should see our first post launching the game! That gives time for NE and I to make our Evil GM Plans and figure out the direction the plot will take us. I'll keep y'all posted if any of that changes, but for now, this seems a solid enough divination of the future.

1 hour ago, Varen Tai said:

Apologies for myself - I'm not sick, but I mentioned in my advertisement post that I have less time on holidays than I do when I am working. I am currently on vacation until the beginning of the year, and my workload around the house has increased accordingly. 😁 I am making time to go over applications as I can, and I promise I will get to them, but I have to fit it in between all the holidaying and errands (read: VT is the go to errand boy for everything his wife and kids need) our family is doing in the meantime.

Here's the approximate timeline as far as I can predict. Around Jan 1, we will close the game for new applications. Very shortly thereafter, we will announce the players, and we will spend a little time working with them to get the crunchy bits worked out. I would guess by around Jan 7, we should see our first post launching the game! That gives time for NE and I to make our Evil GM Plans and figure out the direction the plot will take us. I'll keep y'all posted if any of that changes, but for now, this seems a solid enough divination of the future.

EXCUSES! Back to work! We don't not pay you to just sit around eating cookies and enjoying a fulfilling family life 😁

ERDIT: My marshmallows are quite mellow, thank you very much.

4 minutes ago, PixCO said:

EXCUSES! Back to work! We don't not pay you to just sit around eating cookies and enjoying a fulfilling family life 😁

ERDIT: My marshmallows are quite mellow, thank you very much.

Hahahahahaha! Touché!