Sheets Viewer Update - Cache Clear May Be Required ×

General Hangout!

Varen Tai

14 minutes ago, cheshiresmiling said:

Hopefully I'm not too horribly late to the party if I'm starting on writing something up now, but this looks right up my alley, and I think I've got an orphaned character that should fit the bill. I'll try and get something written up over the next few days!

Looking forward to anything you might bring! :)

I do actually have some questions:

- I've got multiple character ideas, if I manage to get something written for both of them in time, do you want them in separate threads, or as separate posts in one thread?

- one of them is originally from a Pathfinder game, and I don't have a clean equivalent for her class in 5e, though there's a couple that fit thematically. Do you mind a character submission with a few possible options for class/subclass, and we can discuss which one works best?

19 minutes ago, cheshiresmiling said:

I do actually have some questions:

- I've got multiple character ideas, if I manage to get something written for both of them in time, do you want them in separate threads, or as separate posts in one thread?

- one of them is originally from a Pathfinder game, and I don't have a clean equivalent for her class in 5e, though there's a couple that fit thematically. Do you mind a character submission with a few possible options for class/subclass, and we can discuss which one works best?

It would work best if they are in two different threads.

Don't worry about class conversion from Pathfinder right now. Create a character, someone that has a believable personality and that we could realistically see in our world with real depth and struggles and personal triumphs and problems. All the crunchy bits we will worry about later.

Edit: if it helps the character, I will bend the crunchy rules until they scream as long as it doesn't overbalance the game, so don't worry about the rules. 😁

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

Can you share with us how many applicants are currently active in this advertisement?

25, not including those that have expressed interest but haven't posted an application (complete or not) yet. Give or take a couple, I haven't updated my database since Monday.

3 hours ago, GleefulNihilism said:

Shew! I figured you were getting some business but didn't realize that much.

Quite! We really are doing something unique here, and we are excited at how much people are feeling inspired by the idea. :)

We appreciate everyone's patience while NE and I get some thoughts and responses to everyone's character! We are doing some divide and conquer to make sure everyone gets a solid response and time to work through any issues.

Honestly, seeing everyone's efforts are making me more excited to run the game! I think everyone, whether you're playing or just reading it, will really enjoy it!

A little housekeeping! Who has a completed character that has not gotten any feedback from me or Nighteyes? I feel like I've missed someone somewhere.

JagrHunter, I know we still need to give you feedback on your second iteration, but I haven't forgotten and it's in the queue.

Secondly, who is still working on a character that is not been completed yet? I know Basil and Lamppost, but I'm not sure who else is still actively working on their character and still needs to complete it. You can ping me here, in a private message, or in your thread.

Edited by Varen Tai (see edit history)

I'm still working on my application. I think I have finished the story, and I'm now working on the quiz. I just can't do everything in a bulk. I give a lot of thought to everything and sometimes I feel overwhelmed and my head hurts, so I need to make pauses. But the story had been adjusted to fit the theme and incorporate the deity aspect of FR that I was missing.

I got a second character that hasn't been reviewed if that counts, but as we discussed, secondaries fall a ways down the totem pole...

but what if he's so inspirational that he makes a great npc/backup character if by some godsend my first lunatic gets in?? What if his dozens of children are so amazing that they change the course of history??!? What if I should really get back to work and stop checking this site?

Anyway... January seems so far... maybe I should write another vignette or something.

16 minutes ago, Coruja said:

I'm still working on my application. I think I have finished the story, and I'm now working on the quiz. I just can't do everything in a bulk. I give a lot of thought to everything and sometimes I feel overwhelmed and my head hurts, so I need to make pauses. But the story had been adjusted to fit the theme and incorporate the deity aspect of FR that I was missing.

Take all the pauses you want! 🙂 Quality takes time, and we know that. It's the reason we are taking so long in the application process so that everyone has sufficient time to work up something wonderful, even if you don't get in. Creating something that you put real effort into brings a ton of joy to anyone's life and we want to help you with that no matter your prospects for the game itself.