Prelude: Daybreak

Blue Firebird

Khyron(PF2E).png.a441140cc5c2f4a81e867ee437a82ac7.pngKhyron drae Zeizerer, Drow Blademaster

AC: 18 | HIT POINTS: 15 | CURRENT: 15 | HERO POINTS: 1

FORTITUDE: +4 | REFLEX: +7 | WILL: +5 | PERCEPTION: +7

ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.

CONDITIONS: None.

Khyron nodded to the Smith, "A festival ...," while he understood the meaning of the word, festivals, observances and rites were something, as a man, to be fearful of. The typical Menzoberranzan festival revolved around worship, the various Grand Houses vying for the Spider-Queen's favor, who could host the most decadent, most opulent, blood sacrifice or orgy, often both, sometimes simultaneously. Slaves, servants, men who had shown decades of loyalty to their Matrons, their Houses, none were safe during these times. He shook his head, his fine silken hair creating an ivory cloud around his shoulders as he did. He looked around, the sounds of laughter, joy, even the sight of lovers stealing kisses at the fringes of the crowd, these were open displays of ... emotion ... affection ... and, in his previous life, such an act would be anathema to one's existence, a sign of weakness, a lapse of judgement, an opening for a rival's blade. " ... it appears a joyous occasion. My thanks, Master Smith, for your gracious offer of hospitality. I shall indulge, as directed." He would offer to fetch a plate for the man who had given him his first taste of credibility, but the offer of food or drink from a Menzoberranzian elf would be viewed with suspect, given his society's proclivities for, both, poison and treachery.

He moved towards the food stalls, his senses overwhelmed by the sweet scents of sugar, spices, luxuries that often didn't make there way to the tables of his brethren, especially to the barracks in which he was billeted. He opted instead, for some tubers, potatoes, the cook had said, mashed, thickened with stock from boiled down poultry bones, slathered with a cake of butter, and sprinkled with chives and a flaked spice that caused his nose to twitch. A cut of roast boar, still slick with juice, a savory gravy made of rendered boar fat, bitter ale, and an assortment of spices he was unfamiliar with. And then a delicious wooden bowl, full to the brim, of a thick mushroom soup, blended with broth, herbs, and bread crumbs. Carefully balancing his plates, he proceeded back to the table that had been offered by the Smith. Prior to taking his seat, he stopped by a tent which had several different casks of local ale and brew opened with cups for tasting, selecting a deep, almost black, ale, with a brownish, foamy, head. He savored his first sip, noting tones of hops and barley, bitter, almost roasted notes tingled his jaw, he smiled adding to the precarious tumble of plate and crockery he carried.

On his way back towards the Smith's table, he stumbled across a large woman carrying a tray of sticky, spiced buns, coated with sugar, that, even now, dripped to the grass beneath her. He then did a double take, a small, green-haired gnome stood before her, nearly trampled by the tall woman's stride. A raised a graceful eyebrow, "Curious, I have not tried such sweet delights before, I fear that they may be too sweet compared to my accustomed fare." There was an underlying scent to the woman, something that spoke of iron and steel, cinders and coals. Judging from her shoulders she was not unfamiliar with the weight, or heft, of a smith's hammer. "Are you a journeyman to the Master Smith, Mayhew?"

Out of Character

Free Action:

Reaction:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

Shayla
Shayla - Human (Skilled) - Cultist
Witch 1 | Neutral Good | Female | The Dusk Mother spacer.png

Shayla sees their offer of aid ignored and simply shrugs. Standing behind their stand of wares, they sit down and slowly begin stitching a damaged cloak they brought with them, humming a tune to herself as she patiently watches the crowds. A large snowy owl flutters from overhead and perches on the top of the stand, and Shayla gives it a small smile. "Ah, come to join me I see? Any messages from grandmother? No? Well, just the same. I've no need of her advice today." Shayla whispers to it.

Mehrispacer.png

Human • Maestro • Bard 1
Medium • Neutral Good • Humanoid

AC: 16 | HP 17/17 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +7 | Resistance: None | Speed 25 feet | Class DC 14
Shortbow +5 1d6 P, Shortsword +5 1d6 P/S

Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Medicine +6, Nature + 5Natural Medicine: You can apply natural cures to heal your allies. You can use Nature instead of Medicine to Treat Wounds. If you’re in the wilderness, you might have easier access to fresh ingredients, allowing you to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to your check to Treat Wounds using Nature, subject to the GM’s determination. , Occultism +3, Performance +7, Society 3, Stealth +5, Survival +6, Thievery +2, Lore +3

Mehri feels the third arrow hit just off-center. She tilts her head before giving a small fist bump with her free hand, "Yes! I knew the occasional practice would help me get better!" She cheers happily to herself. She might not be a proper archer, sure, but it was nice to see she still had some basic talent for hitting a target.

However, her mood turns sour rather quickly as Jeht approaches and starts prattling. Not that she'd show it.

As Jeht called her cute, her lips quiver into a smile. Though, a more playful and knowing one, "Well, I thank you for the compliment, Jeht. Though, a bit of advice on your flirting, cute tends to be for little girls and pretty dresses. Not for adults you might be trying to start something with. On top of that, you really shouldn't flirt with the girl who has had tend to your wounds with her father several times. It's very hard to find anyone here attractive and more than a sibling when you've had to scold them for using their wooden practice swords to see how hard they could smack each other. That and seeing them in their underwear constantly."

"Lovely try, Jeht, but I'll have to politely decline your offer." She gives a wink and pats him on the shoulder before heading to walk away.

Actions:

Edited by Alex Sloane (see edit history)

Irven Capercaillie and the Book of Grievancesimage.png.12c126759fe22ff5893cf22fba3cb798.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 17  health-normal.svg HP: 16/16 |image.png.fbf39cac9c8561d8b2be1119b5291500.pngFortitude: +5 | sprint.svg Reflex: +5 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +6 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Irven wasn't exactly a stranger to Sunrise, nor was he a particularly common sight. Folks had first spotted the cantankerous old Gnome three or four years ago, milling about the far bank of the river to the South, evidently having put down roots somewhere in the Wood of Sharp Teeth. How long he'd been there before being spotted was anyone's guess, but he seemed largely self contained. He'd had little enough interaction with the fishers who cast there nets there, generally retreating back into the woods whenever they had cause to draw their boats close. He'd needed to wander into town a dozen or so times in the years since, mostly to buy things he couldn't make himself. Usually his business took him to Tharbad "Banks" Rivers, and if the rumors were to be believed he had a taste for clear spirits. He'd had few enough occasions to talk with any of the locals, and the few who'd tried had generally found themselves rebuked with a quick "mind yer own business," and a series of more mumbled complaints.

All of which meant it was odd indeed to see him at the Daybreak Festival, he didn't exactly seem the festive sort.

He certainly didn't seem so that day either, for the little Gnome bore a deep furrow to his brow as he walked about the streets, muttering to himself about just about everything. Or perhaps he was muttering to the Crow upon his shoulder. Rumors abounded of the little people, and their abilities with the small creatures of the world. Was it more likely that the bird spoke common, or that he spoke raven? He tried to stay out of the sun as much as he could, squinting in apparent discomfort whenever it chanced to fall on him. If any did call out to him, he generally gave them the cold shoulder, reaching into his satchel once they'd passed and pulling out a small black book. This he would scribble in furiously, crouching low on the ground so that he could dip his quill into the pot of ink he'd unstopped there.

Eventually, he'd found his way to the Festival itself, and sighing deeply, had descended into it the sea of tents and stalls. His eyes found the large snowy owl, and narrowed in recognition, but he was too short to catch where it landed when it came down amongst the riot of colors and noises.

"Somewhere harder n' the hells to find, I reckon."

He muttered, heading in that direction anyways. He'd just have to ask around for it, a humiliating task under the best of conditions. He resigned himself to it, and minding to stay out of the way of the larger folk, threw himself into the crowd. It took him a great long while, but eventually he found another of the folk, though one just reeking of Fey Magic to his old eyes.

"You there, sonny!"

He called out to Dendrick, his bushy brows furrowed in frustration.

"You a local boy?"

OOC

image.png.f10fc36f9752b1a117fad650031a5334.png Conditions: Mystic ArmorConcentrate Manipulate

Duration until your next daily preparations

You ward yourself with shimmering magical energy, gaining a +1 item bonus to AC and a maximum Dexterity modifier of +5. While wearing mystic armor, you use your unarmored proficiency to calculate your AC.

Heightened (4th) You gain a +1 item bonus to saving throws.
Heightened (6th) The item bonus to AC increases to +2, and you gain a +1 item bonus to saving throws.
Heightened (8th) The item bonus to AC increases to +2, and you gain a +2 item bonus to saving throws.
Heightened (10th) The item bonus to AC increases to +3, and you gain a +3 item bonus to saving throws.

@VennDygrem, good to see you again, you've got an old gnome yelling at you.

On 12/8/2023 at 7:02 AM, Althrion said:

117f3182681946dccd76e74c3705f85a.jpg.ad86524b6b72a917612984c383dbe01a.jpg"Easiest drink I ever got, I would say." Was the simple reply of Jack to Thia.

"Was cooking from 3 in the morning till half an hour ago, before I got the rest of the day off. The fun is just starting now. And the bar is set high after this lil brawl."

He chuckled, grinning from ear to ear into the direction of Shayla and Mehri.

"But that does also sound like a hard day for the two of you."

On 12/31/2023 at 2:56 PM, TheWhitefire said:

Shayla

Shayla sees their offer of aid ignored and simply shrugs. Standing behind their stand of wares, they sit down and slowly begin stitching a damaged cloak they brought with them, humming a tune to herself as she patiently watches the crowds. A large snowy owl flutters from overhead and perches on the top of the stand, and Shayla gives it a small smile. "Ah, come to join me I see? Any messages from grandmother? No? Well, just the same. I've no need of her advice today." Shayla whispers to it.

On 12/31/2023 at 4:49 PM, Alex Sloane said:

Mehrispacer.png

Human • Maestro • Bard 1
Medium • Neutral Good • Humanoid

AC: 16 | HP 17/17 | Fort +4 Ref +5 Will +7 | Resistance: None | Speed 25 feet | Class DC 14
Shortbow +5 1d6 P, Shortsword +5 1d6 P/S

Deception +7, Diplomacy +7, Medicine +6, Nature + 5Natural Medicine: You can apply natural cures to heal your allies. You can use Nature instead of Medicine to Treat Wounds. If you’re in the wilderness, you might have easier access to fresh ingredients, allowing you to gain a +2 circumstance bonus to your check to Treat Wounds using Nature, subject to the GM’s determination. , Occultism +3, Performance +7, Society 3, Stealth +5, Survival +6, Thievery +2, Lore +3

Mehri feels the third arrow hit just off-center. She tilts her head before giving a small fist bump with her free hand, "Yes! I knew the occasional practice would help me get better!" She cheers happily to herself. She might not be a proper archer, sure, but it was nice to see she still had some basic talent for hitting a target.

However, her mood turns sour rather quickly as Jeht approaches and starts prattling. Not that she'd show it.

As Jeht called her cute, her lips quiver into a smile. Though, a more playful and knowing one, "Well, I thank you for the compliment, Jeht. Though, a bit of advice on your flirting, cute tends to be for little girls and pretty dresses. Not for adults you might be trying to start something with. On top of that, you really shouldn't flirt with the girl who has had tend to your wounds with her father several times. It's very hard to find anyone here attractive and more than a sibling when you've had to scold them for using their wooden practice swords to see how hard they could smack each other. That and seeing them in their underwear constantly."

"Lovely try, Jeht, but I'll have to politely decline your offer." She gives a wink and pats him on the shoulder before heading to walk away.

Actions:

Jeht Garen turns red as the bullseye in the cheeks for a moment, his lips turning white in a thin-set line. Then he laughs it off in front of his yokel friends, eyeing the three of you in turn. His two followers laugh afterward, if a little less convincing. "I don't need to know how to flirt, girl. I just thought you'd like some advice from a real expert, like me. It ain't my fault if some people can't appreciate a good thing when it's in front of them." There is something of an edge to his voice, as Mehri's words struck a chord.

The captain's son glares at Jack for a long moment, as if judging him—or perhaps questioning his presence with the two women he has come to impress.

Not one to rest long on his laurels, the young man turns his attention to Shayla. "You, lady, are the real reason I came over." He glances at Mehri. "Still unwed, I heard." If nothing else, he is not lacking in boldness, whether or not it may be deserved. "Shame. I think a fine woman like you deserves to have a strong man about, don't you?" Pouring on the "charm," he continues: "I care not for what the rumors say."

117f3182681946dccd76e74c3705f85a.jpg.ad86524b6b72a917612984c383dbe01a.jpg.da0bc046d9b0184cd0505be940c63293.jpgJack was barely able to surpress a chuckle. Instead he decided to have a bit of fun with Jeht.
"Shayla, I think Jeht is totally right. You deserve a strong man." He said, before turning to Jeht, barely hiding a grin.

"Do you have a idea, where she can find a strong man? Maybe even one, who doesn´t try his luck at every woman, that isn´t on a tree at the count of three?"

Not waiting for an answer from Jeht, he turned back to Mehri and Shayla.

"My siblings are damn good at climbing trees. So if you want some pointers, they could give you private lessons. Could be helpful to escape the offer of other so called private lessons or embarassing attempts of woeing you."

Shayla

Shayla smiles coyly at both Jeht and the halfling, holding a hand out to the snowy owl, who gingerly steps on it as she lowers it down. Scratching the bird's head, who responds with a pleased expression, Shayla regards Jeht for a moment. "I am indeed still unwed. Though, I am curious what the rumours say these days that would possibly dissuade such a fine specimen as yourself."

Turning to Jack, Shayla waves a hand. "No, no, I'd be woefully bored if not for these attempts. I'm curious to see what Jeht has to say."

spacer.pngDendrick | HP 20/20 | AC 16 | Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +6 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4
Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

The small, young gnome lad bows deeply in apology to Mina.

"Ah! I'm so sorry, I got distracted and it's just so busy here! Um, I'm Dendrick... I live outside town with my Auntie Kessra and Uncle Torrun, on the Deepbriar Farm. I don't get into town much, are you from here? There are a lot of people here! Sorry, that's me, talking in place again! You know, like running in place, you work up a sweat but don't get anywhere. Ah! What's your name?"

As he continues his flustered attempt at conversation with the smith's daughter, Dendrick is addressed by another gnome, though not by name. How could he be?

Responding to Irven, he says, "Ah! Well, sort of! As I was just saying to the nice lady here, I live just outside of town on the Deepbriar farm. It's not far, but I don't live right in Sunrise. Did you need directions?"

spacer.png

Skog | AC 17 | Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +6 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4

OOC & Actions

I haven't updated my background just yet, but for now, anyone local who is familiar with the farms and families nearby would know the Deepbriars are Half-elves. Dendrick was found by Torrun in the Wood of Sharp Teeth and raised by the couple on their farm. There was no indication of where Dendrick came from or where his real family was, he was just a foundling baby alone in the dangerous woods.

Edited by VennDygrem (see edit history)

Irven Capercaillie and the Book of Grievancesimage.png.12c126759fe22ff5893cf22fba3cb798.png

checked-shield.svg AC: 17  health-normal.svg HP: 16/16 |image.png.fbf39cac9c8561d8b2be1119b5291500.pngFortitude: +5 | sprint.svg Reflex: +5 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +6 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

Irven scowled even more fiercly, an impressive feat considering how deeply he'd been scowling before. 

"Don't they teach the youth these days to introduce themselves properly anymore?"

He criticized, ignoring the fact that he'd yet to introduce himself, and had called the other gnome "sonny." He started to reach for the prodigious grimoire held firmly on his hip within a belted satchel, but seemed to think better of it. The enormous black raven perched on his shoulder started screaming and hissing at the boy instead, though eventually it quieted down enough for Irven to get in another few words edgewise.

"I'm looking for one of the Tall folk here. A human lass, brown haired, likes sticking her nose where it don't belong, keeps a filthy owl with her."

His own bird didn't look to be a paragon of cleanliness either, so he was one to talk. 

OOC

image.png.f10fc36f9752b1a117fad650031a5334.png Conditions: Mystic Armor

On 12/14/2023 at 11:02 AM, Mourning Star said:
image.jpeg.975c3e41a4f7db9905636b87d5da67bb.jpeg
Alba Thompson
the cooper's daughter

Description: average height, athletic; fin-like ears, scales and gills on her neck; deep blue eyes, shortish white hair with flecks of blue and green
Dress: clean beige linen work shirt; heavily worn brown duck pants; scuffed black leather boots
Weaponry: none

When she sees Mina, Alba's expression relaxes, gills rippling slightly. She opens her arms wide to her charging friend, turning her head and clenching her eyes in preparation for impact.

Oof!

Once her feet are back on the ground, Alba steps back and smiles. "Your dad," she says. "I swear. His hawser's come loose! He just threatened to get out his bullhorn. Again!" She rolls her eyes and shakes her head, then a happy sigh escapes her. "I've been looking all over for you! Whatcha doin'?"

She glances at the scene behind Mina. "Oh," she murmurs abruptly. Half the people in the high striker line are staring at them. Alba's gills seal shut, disappearing back into her neck. She looks over the aspiring bell-ringers, her eyes pausing on the group of three young men in a tight cluster at the end of the line. They're laughing loudly, posturing and boasting in preparation for their turn with the hammer.

"You know," Alba says, nodding her head towards the group and smiling drily, "If you go to the back of the line right now, when your turn comes around we will see a grown man cry."

"C'mon," she says, grabbing Mina's hand and heading to the line. "I gotta see this."

Character Vitals

Will populate this as needed.

Mina laughs. "Don't doubt him! Papa will break out the bullhorn to ask you to pass the salt. I think his hearing is getting worse. Too many years hammering." Mina flashes a youthful grin and points at her ear. Feeling brave, she adds: "And too many years yammering!" The girl nearly doubles over giggling.

Alba's enthusiasm is infectious. "Okay, okay! I'll give it a try." She grabs Alba's hands, her eyes lighting up like the morning sky. "But you have to try it, too! Promise me?"

Mina's exuberance sharply contrasts with her father's stern demeanor.

On 1/7/2024 at 11:54 AM, Althrion said:

117f3182681946dccd76e74c3705f85a.jpg.ad86524b6b72a917612984c383dbe01a.jpg.da0bc046d9b0184cd0505be940c63293.jpgJack was barely able to surpress a chuckle. Instead he decided to have a bit of fun with Jeht.
"Shayla, I think Jeht is totally right. You deserve a strong man." He said, before turning to Jeht, barely hiding a grin.

"Do you have a idea, where she can find a strong man? Maybe even one, who doesn´t try his luck at every woman, that isn´t on a tree at the count of three?"

Not waiting for an answer from Jeht, he turned back to Mehri and Shayla.

"My siblings are damn good at climbing trees. So if you want some pointers, they could give you private lessons. Could be helpful to escape the offer of other so called private lessons or embarassing attempts of woeing you."

Jeht stares daggers at Jack. His jaw clenches and unclenches as Jack sees wheels turning: does he say something? Threaten the little halfling? Does it make him look more like the fool or less? Jeht settles for trying to cover, breaking into a forced smile and an equally forced chuckle. "Nice one, halfling."

On 1/7/2024 at 2:27 PM, TheWhitefire said:

Shayla

Shayla smiles coyly at both Jeht and the halfling, holding a hand out to the snowy owl, who gingerly steps on it as she lowers it down. Scratching the bird's head, who responds with a pleased expression, Shayla regards Jeht for a moment. "I am indeed still unwed. Though, I am curious what the rumours say these days that would possibly dissuade such a fine specimen as yourself."

Turning to Jack, Shayla waves a hand. "No, no, I'd be woefully bored if not for these attempts. I'm curious to see what Jeht has to say."

The young man—whose knucklehead companions can't stop staring at Mehri—sizes up the comely witch. Once again, the wheels turn. Does he say what the rumors are? "It doesn't matter, does it? Just stupid people flapping their lips. I don't care if they say you're a witch. People say that about women who live alone outside town all the time, right? So what do you say?" He must play his hand or come away looking more foolish than he already has. "There's a festival on. Let me show you why life inside the walls is better." He beams his most charming smile, which sets to giggling the girls who watch the guards practice.

Shayla

Shayla continues to pet the owl, looking Jeht up and down with an appraising eye. "Fine." She says, giving a friendly smile. "A dance, then?" She asks. "Such is the traditional thing to do, yes? Surely you can show me how?" She says, stepping out from behind the booth. She holds her hand up, and the owl flutters back into the sky. Shayla is, of course, dressed quite simply--she does not look the part of a hero or adventurer at all--and she lets her simple woollen cape fall over her shoulders as she folds her hands before herself, waiting for Jeht to offer his arm, simply continuing to stare at him with a very slight smile.

image.jpeg.975c3e41a4f7db9905636b87d5da67bb.jpeg
Alba Thompson
the cooper's daughter

Description: average height, athletic; fin-like ears, scales and gills on her neck; deep blue eyes, shortish white hair with flecks of blue and green
Dress: clean beige linen work shirt; heavily worn brown duck pants; scuffed black leather boots
Weaponry: none

When Mina makes her request, Alba pauses. Looking over at the line of people at the high striker, she half-feigns a sigh. “Yeah, okay. I promise.” She gives a sidelong grin, her gills parting slightly. “But you first!”

Still clenching Mina’s hand, Alba starts moving towards the line with renewed excitement. ”As long as I get to see those three get their sheets in a tangle when you show them up!”

Once the two girls arrive at the end of the line, behind the three boasting young men, Alba’s demeanor stifles slightly. She looks nervous—slightly uncomfortable, even; her eyes flit across the knots of people around her. Crowding in close to Mina, she sighs once more, this time with a certain weariness.

Character Vitals

Will populate this as needed.

spacer.pngDendrick | HP 20/20 | AC 16 | Fort +7 Ref +6 Will +6 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4
Hero Points: 1/3 | Focus Points: 1/1
| Conditions: None | Effects: N/A

The young gnome tilts his head slightly as he responds to the strange, older gnome.

"Sir, you approached me, and I don't know you. Besides, my auntie told me it's not a good idea to give my name to strangers, least of all if they didn't give their's to you first."

He looks around, seeing that the girl who offered her confection seems to have vanished into the crowd. He frowns, then turns back to the older gnome.

"Afraid I can't be of much help, though. Do you know how many nosy, brown-hair tall-folk are here for the festival? It's like looking for a specific acorn on the branches of an ancient oak tree! An owl that's out this time of day, though, that might be easier to find. Now... to risk upsetting my auntie... I'm Dendrick. And your name, Mr...?"

spacer.png

Skog | AC 17 | Fort +8 Ref +5 Will +6 | Speed: 25 | Perception: +4

OOC & Actions

Dendrick may be a nervous talker, but he's honestly not that shy. Certainly not afraid to call out Irven's quirk.

checked-shield.svg AC: 15  health-normal.svg HP: 16/16 |image.png.fbf39cac9c8561d8b2be1119b5291500.pngFortitude: +5 | sprint.svg Reflex: +5 | calm, peace, yoga, serene, serenity, mind, meditate, meditation, peaceful Will: +6 | awareness.svg Perception: +4

That seemed to settle it, and the grey haired Gnome reached for his tome, the locks that held it bound within his satchel releasing with an extremely satisfying "clunk." He balanced the book in one hand, and with another dexterously rested a small pot of ink upon it after uncorking it with his teeth. The cork went into a pocket, and out came a small quill, razor sharp and the color of blood. This he dipped into the now open ink well, and began writing furiously in the book while staring intently at the young Gnome.

"Acck, now you've done it!"

Croaked the Raven on his shoulder, dancing back and forth where it stood and hissing at him. The Gnome muttered under his breath as he worked, blowing on the ink once he was done scribbling and reversing the complicated order of operations that had let him start scribing in the first place. It was honestly an impressive balancing act, and one that he performed rote, as if he'd done so a thousand times before. Given how thick the book was, and how many pages he'd turned too in order to start writing, he just as well might have.

"That's Mister..."

He started to say, then noted that the young Dendrick had in fact already used the honorific. Muttering furiously now, he took a cloth from his pocket, spit on it, and wiped one of his furious scribbles into a blocky mess on the vellum.

"… Capercaillie, yes Mister Ivern Capercaillie. Is your Auntie around Dendrik? Maybe she'll know of whom I speak."

He made a face as he said it, though given how many faces he made it was more difficult to discern exactly what sort of mood the face was meant to convey.

Mechanics

Main Hand: Empty
Off Hand: Empty
Conditions:

Action 1:

Action 2:

Action 3:

ACTIONS
SPELL DC 17, SPELL ATTACK +7
SPELL SLOTS
  • Focus- 1/1
  • 1st - 2/2

• Familiar of Ongoing Misery image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png
  • Void Warp spacer.png 30' basic fort vs 2d4 void
  • Needle Darts spacer.png 60' strike for 3d4 piercing, 1 bleed on crit
  • Evil EyeUncommon Cantrip Curse Hex Manipulate Witch

Range 30 feet; Targets 1 creature
    Defense Will; Duration sustained up to 1 minute

Your patron's resentment manifests in a baleful, envious gaze. The target becomes sickened 1 if it fails a Will save (or sickened 2 on a critical failure). This condition value can't be reduced below 1 while the spell is active and you can see the target.
    image.png.b392f88097b9917f80e5fb08d6e1307d.png 30' basic will vs sickened 1
  • Patron's PuppetUncommon Focus Hex Witch

Trigger Your turn begins.

At your unspoken plea, your patron temporarily assumes control over your familiar. You Command your familiar, allowing it to take its normal actions this turn. Your Command does not have the auditory or concentrate traits; your patron simply moves its agent directly.
    image.png.4807a787a4171fe706d255ca10a57a7f.png patron commands the familiar
  • FearConcentrate Emotion Fear Manipulate Mental

Range 30 feet; Targets 1 creature
    Defense Will; Duration varies

You plant fear in the target; it must attempt a Will save.

Critical Success The target is unaffected.
    Success The target is frightened 1.
    Failure The target is frightened 2.
    Critical Failure The target is frightened 3 and fleeing for 1 round.

Heightened (3rd) You can target up to five creatures.
    spacer.png 30' basic will to fear
  • Biting WordsAttack Auditory Evocation Linguistic Sonic

Cast somatic, verbal
    Duration 1 minute

You entwine magic with your voice, causing your taunts and jibes to physically harm your enemies. You can attack with your words once when you finish Casting the Spell, and can repeat the attack once on each of your subsequent turns by taking a single action, which has the attack, concentrate, and linguistic traits. After your third attack total, the spell ends.

When you attack with biting words, make a ranged spell attack roll against a creature within 30 feet, dealing 2d6 sonic damage if you hit (or double damage on a critical hit). Heightened (+1) The damage increases by 2d6.
    SoM
    spacer.png 30' strike for 2d6 sonic, recast as image.png.bbd2596d244d9abc99916bad69d0b105.png for 2 more turns

Edited by TheRaconteur (see edit history)

Salva Duvraine
spacer.png

Human (Drommar)• Farmhand • Monk 1
Medium • Lawful Good • Humanoid

AC: 19 | HP 20/20 | Fort +7 Ref +9 Will +6 | Resistance: None | Speed 25 feet | Class DC 14

Having spent the last few minutes sparring, Salva is a fair bit out of breath when she makes her way back to where the rest of the fair is, gingerly feeling under one of her eyes. Was that going to bruise? Possibly. Probably. Now her parents were going to spend all day worrying about the other townsfolk no matter what she said. Whistling a tune, she walked over to where Shayla was, raising a hand in greeting as she got closer. Bunch more strangers she didn't recognize over there.

Actions:

ร—
ร—