OOC - KarDrago

SMARTAgentKC

55 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

Also forgot to say this, everyone please welcome Ziminar to the group, he was just looking for a group and I figured since this adventure just starting it be easy to fit him in.

YAES! moar meat-sheild! Welcome welcome, please stand right here and ignore the lich baced power word kill that you are now in the way of, yes, thank you~

The biggest threat is the troll however there is a few things about it that make the fight easier

One. it’s being drained by a bunch of stirges causing it’s HP to drop at a rate that counters it’s regen ability. It's HP is also not at full but just above half

Two. several NPC can assist if needed however at the level you all are playing they will only assist as determined by me.

Three. This troll is actually part of the scripted story that normally a group of level 1 characters would be facing and there is a setting that the players can't die in this encounter.

Sonds of kobold note taking... Doz that meanz I cantz kill an allie needer? Worth tezting! Maybe I canz outfox that robo guard too? Looks around for the inter demential guard ...

9 hours ago, KarDrago said:

I want to use the Fire Bolt cantrip on the troll. What do I do, roll for a hit vs AC?

Yep, that a d20 plus your spell attack mod which is your intelligence mod plus your proficiency bonus, or 5 in your case.

@SMARTAgentKC I have an idea, that I'm not sure is possible so I'd like to run it by you beforehand. Garth has a maneuver that knocks the enemy prone if he fails DC, plan would be, since Troll is next to the well, so when he falls prone to fall back into the well. Would that be possible?

The troll has climbed out of the well, you'd have to have something push him back in to make him fall down it

As for initiative I tend to run block initiative, on the first turn if you beat the enemy's initiative you get to go first before they do, if not you have to wait until the enemy takes a turn, then you all can act in any order no matter your initiative amount.

After the first turn is resolved, it will go back and forth between enemy and player group. Players can post their actions however they want, and I'll resolve it being as fair as possible, if players want to chain their actions somehow, I request players let me know in advance with Out of character posts before I resolve them.