What games are you planning to run in 2024?

cailano

I've got mine all planned out already. I want to finish the two DCC modules I have in progress, and then start my Castles and Crusades campaign, Saga of the Dragon Cult.

I also want to get Marvel Action Hour, my retro superhero game, going.

My focus is going to be on short adventures that I can complete in a few months, all with the option to continue on if the group is having fun.

What about you?

I'd like to try to run a game of Dominion, set in a medievally fantasy world that's sort of collected a lot of cosmic driftwood, as it were (i.e. peoples and cultures from many worlds have wound up here), if I can get a good 2-3 people (ideally 4-5, but).

I'm still tossing around a space opera-esque (I say esque because it's in a setting that's primo space opera, but the focus of who the characters would be isn't really space opera) Savage Worlds idea, but I'd like to actually A) Play a game of Savage Worlds first and B) am waiting for the card functionality to be added to the weave.

I'm still debating system choice, but I'd also love to run a 'Planetary Romance', specifically in the vein of John Carter of Mars type stuff (there are a few possibilities, including an official John Carter of Mars TTRPG from Mophidius that I want to buy the pdfs of anyway, but I don't know if I want to use that for the specific idea I have right now, as it may be too Barsoom-specific for this specific notion).

In 2024, while there are many old games that I want to run...I'm also looking ahead of the 2024 releases:

-Shadow of the Weird Wizard (Shadow of the Demon Lord) this one is more fantasy focused instead of horror.

-Starfinder 2e

-The 2077 expansion for Cyberpunk Red

-Marvel Multiverse RPG (Yeah I know already out but looking forward to some of the expansions in particular X-Men expansion)

• Root, as a first draft pick
  • Star Wars RPG (again, to give it a second/third/fourth chance)
  • Pathfinder 2e (again, to give it a second chance)
  • Genesys (if SWRPG works out)
  • Masks, maybe
  • Urban Shadows 2e, maybe
  • Daggerheart, maybe, if it comes out and I like what I see
  • The One Ring 2e, if I can find a time and place

30 minutes ago, PerilousAdventures said:

In 2024, while there are many old games that I want to run...I'm also looking ahead of the 2024 releases:

-Shadow of the Weird Wizard (Shadow of the Demon Lord) this one is more fantasy focused instead of horror.

-Starfinder 2e

-The 2077 expansion for Cyberpunk Red

-Marvel Multiverse RPG (Yeah I know already out but looking forward to some of the expansions in particular X-Men expansion)

Starfinder 2e is something I'm keeping an eye on as well.

I'm currently running an Eberron 5E game for my real-life group and plan to continue running it in 2024. Does that count?

I'm putting together the material for a Nightbane game that I plan to run on another play-by-post website, and plan to start recruitment in January. I'd have started already, but I have to write up all the house rules - most of which are just clarifications of official rules, since the books are so opaquely written.

On MW, I plan to run a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game sometime in fall 2024, once I get the redux rulebook I recently Kickstarted.

I'm too busy with long-running games, and there's little to no chance that I'll have time to run something big in 2024... but smaller, less ambitious projects should be feasible. I'd love to give Anamnesis and Ironsworn: Reign a try, and the new, expanded version of The Last Tea Shop seems cool. In general, limiting myself to mostly journalling games is probably wiser, for now at least.

8 hours ago, Vladim said:

On the Weave, I'm contemplating a Changeling-esque game (played with Fate most likely) for Spring/Summer, but I'll likely go back to my supers game instead. No idea for Fall/Winter yet, but now that I know Ironsworn: Reign is a thing, it may be that. 😁

My real life group wants to play Kult: Divinity Lost, so I got a bunch of the PDFs for Christmas. The system looks familiar and fine, and the setting is gonzo, but in a cool way, I think.

45 minutes ago, Butchern said:

On the Weave, I'm contemplating a Changeling-esque game (played with Fate most likely) for Spring/Summer, but I'll likely go back to my supers game instead. No idea for Fall/Winter yet, but now that I know Ironsworn: Reign is a thing, it may be that. 😁

My real life group wants to play Kult: Divinity Lost, so I got a bunch of the PDFs for Christmas. The system looks familiar and fine, and the setting is gonzo, but in a cool way, I think.

KULT is very cool but definitely not for the faint of heart :) Seth Skorkowski (of YouTube fame) has some good videos breaking down the system and the lore as well as some scenario reviews. Some (like the driver) are delightfully open-ended.

I started reading through one of the scenario books I got last night, and they look very well done. They would run very well as stand-alone horror scenarios without having to know any of the setting info. In fact, not knowing the lore might make the games even weirder.

"What's he doing?"

"He said he was trying to summon Tiphareth."

"God bless you." *hands tissue* "What's he trying to summon?"

I found two during my read that could be PGed enough to run here at Myth-Weavers. That may be my Fall/Winter game. We'll see.

someone on MW who will remain anonymous but has a username that rhymes with "Powderhorn" has been haranguing me to run a WWN game and since I also genuinely like the system I might well do that. But that depends on my other game I'm running going well and me not getting convinced to join even more games ha.

I am planning on running an Angel focused game with a custom progression (still in the drawing stages). I did this with devils a few years ago but I think angels are better for general consumption.

I would also like to run a dwarf game again. For some reason dwarf centric games have a very different vibe than generic fantasy.

2 hours ago, Penchant said:

I am planning on running an Angel focused game with a custom progression (still in the drawing stages). I did this with devils a few years ago but I think angels are better for general consumption.

I would also like to run a dwarf game again. For some reason dwarf centric games have a very different vibe than generic fantasy.

I would love to see someone do a dwarf-centric game with Dwarrowdeep or Gunderholfen.