What games are you planning to run in 2024?

cailano

Really want to actually break down and run a Mutants and Masterminds game that I have planned and adapted from a old In person game I ran.
And really want to start a Star Trek Adventures game I have planned also.

But it's been forever since I ran a game PbP so a bit intimidated.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 11:44 AM, Penchant said:

Well I just happened upon a treasure trove of Starfinder books at the local HPB. I guess I'm going to be running a Star finder game sometime this year too 😁

HPB?

I have an urge to run a PF1 game with an alternate rule system, and fully lean into that system, but end the game when that portion ends. For example:

• The traveling caravan portion of Jade Regent, 100% following the caravan rules
  • The provision/survival portion of Ironfang Invasion, again 100% following the rules for crafting, foraging, and other provision-related activities.

I don't know why I have this itch. Though possibly something to do with hand-waving them every time I've run a game with these rules in them.

There are a few. Currently trying my hand in City of Mist. If it proves successful, and I like it, I may run a few more cases with it. I also want to try a few other games, I am very curious about Call of Cthulhu, Dragonbane and Vaesen. I would also like to try and run Curse of Strahd but using Fate instead of 5e. By the time I've run out of material for City of Mist, Pathfinder 2e should have remastered the rest of the classes, so I can have a look at that as well, but I'm a bit weary of the crunch. I don't know whether I have the energy for running crunch heavy games anymore, and I prefer more cinematic stuff in general.

Working on my Pathfinder 2e campaign, Greypath.

Also in the works are one or two projects involving Savage Worlds SWADE (Tip of the Spear -- Special Operations RP*, and Savage Badges -- RP in the law enforcement world).

First off, though... I need to get my Campaign Bible/Tracker/Manager running (using Obsidian MD with the Pathfinder 2e data... PM me if you're interested).

On 12/26/2023 at 11:42 AM, cailano said:

I've got mine all planned out already. I want to finish the two DCC modules I have in progress, and then start my Castles and Crusades campaign, Saga of the Dragon Cult.

I also want to get Marvel Action Hour, my retro superhero game, going.

My focus is going to be on short adventures that I can complete in a few months, all with the option to continue on if the group is having fun.

What about you?

It's amusing how I didn't do any of that BS I said up there.

It was all a good idea. The C&C campaign was made up of short modules that I could finish in PbP. The MSH game was very popular when I did an interest check.

But, as Crom willed it, Barrowmaze called to me and would not stop. The two ideas I had that wouldn't get out of my head were Barrowmaze and Rappan Athuk.

Both are too big. They just are. They will take forever in PbP.

But I just had to run Barrowmaze as the ultimate exploration campaign. The PCs started in an inn with basically no other knowledge of the setting or even the location of the megadungeon. It was all a bunch of maps covered in the fog of war.

Now they're exploring it and it's awesome.

I have no willpower.

Last night, on my regular DnD night, my GM asked us to take a break for a couple weeks and try a weird old TTRPG system called En Garde instead. You're in 16th century France and trying to climb your way up the ranks in Paris through a variety of methods ranging from joining a military regiment to carousing and gambling at a private club. It's a mostly-social game with some very interesting dueling mechanics thrown in. I don't know that I love everything about it, but I like it enough that I want to play again next week (our GM agreed). In fact, I think I may try to run a round of it myself now that I understand the rules!

Anyone else ever heard of it? Until last night, the answer was a flat-out 'never' from me anyway. :)

Yeah, it's pretty much unlike any TTRPG I've tried before. It uses d6s, but not for combat, only for creating a PC and social actions like gambling. Combat is done via secret, simultaneous swordplay routines, which each duelist selects secretly in advance of the duel and then reveals during each round of the fight to see who did what. It's weird, wild stuff that probably wouldn't work well in asynchronous PbP, but at a table with friends, it's quite compelling, I must admit.

Edited by Raistlinmc (see edit history)