What games are you planning to run in 2024?

cailano

2 hours ago, Spacesong said:

I'm going to be running the Blade Runner starter set and the follow up adventure box Fiery Angels for sure this year.

I'd be interested in seeing how that goes in a PbP setting. I was going to try and run it last year as an attempt to dip my toes into the GMing waters, but after reading through the materials and the system book it seemed to me at least, that the mechanics were a little too slow-paced to last the course in an asynchronous setting. Definitely a system more geared towards a F2F or online realtime (ie: Discord) setting instead.

[edit: I also have charsheets all made up for the Pregens from the starter set if you do run it and want them]

On 1/2/2024 at 1:04 AM, cybersavant said:

would these be on MW? i hope so. Seems every game in either of these dies and i ant to learn more of the system

That happens to some games, but I wouldn't blame the system. Ultimately, if you want to see more of a system here on the Weave, you should advocate for it if you have time. Start discussions, recommend it a lot, and most importantly, run some games in it.

It doesn't always work. I've been doing my best for Dungeon Crawl Classics over the last six months or so, and, as far as I know, zero other GMs have decided to run adventures in that system.

Still, I feel like I gave it the ol' college try.

5 hours ago, Mythical said:

Running a campaign takes a lot of effort, so kudos to all of the DMs/GMs out there. I probably won't end up running anything myself, but if I do it'll most likely be a Storypath System game like Trinity Continuum: Assassins, Trinity Continuum: Aberrant, and/or Trinity Continuum: Aeon.

A trinity of Trinity, if you will.

1 hour ago, Suzuki Stumpy said:

I'd be interested in seeing how that goes in a PbP setting. I was going to try and run it last year as an attempt to dip my toes into the GMing waters, but after reading through the materials and the system book it seemed to me at least, that the mechanics were a little too slow-paced to last the course in an asynchronous setting. Definitely a system more geared towards a F2F or online realtime (ie: Discord) setting instead.

[edit: I also have charsheets all made up for the Pregens from the starter set if you do run it and want them]

Ohhh! We meant on Myth Weavers? I thought just as TTRPG hobbiests. 😅 I'd be open to playing in it if you do give it a whirl. The adventure is really short.

21 minutes ago, Spacesong said:

Ohhh! We meant on Myth Weavers? I thought just as TTRPG hobbiests. 😅 I'd be open to playing in it if you do give it a whirl. The adventure is really short.

I mean, yeah, but its all good discuss any games you're planning.

2 hours ago, cailano said:

I mean, yeah, but its all good discuss any games you're planning.

For sure. lol Before I plan on running anything on MW I'd like to familiarize myself with how things go here. Also was advised GMing a PbP game online can be a lot. Not sure I have much time for that outside of playing in a game or two.

1 hour ago, Spacesong said:

For sure. lol Before I plan on running anything on MW I'd like to familiarize myself with how things go here. Also was advised GMing a PbP game online can be a lot. Not sure I have much time for that outside of playing in a game or two.

I find it a very convenient way to run games. Only takes about 20 - 30 minutes per day most of the time.

I've been tempted for a while to run something in the drama-superhero or -monster vein, something like Masks or Monsterhearts. Ideally, I'd use Cortex Prime because I'm curious how that would work in practice, but I think I'm a fandom of one for that. Superhero high-school or something like that.

I just ran into Kosmosaurs, which seems awesome, but I don't know if it'd be realistic to run.

But I need to figure out how much free time I'll have to commit.

I'm not planning anything - I'm kind of busy these days, and already have two games I'm running on the go that need some more love. I do have a laundry-list of ideas I'd like to try at some point, though, so if I can clear the space I might give one of them a whirl. Perhaps I might look into co-DMing, even.

One idea that I've got stashed away is for a Pathfinder 1E game set in Mystara, which was one of the first worlds ever conceived for D&D. I've been wanting to have a classic game for some time now that reaches back through the mists of time to the golden age of Swords & Sorcery in which Mystara was created. If you're not familiar with Mystara, I'll highlight some of the cool things about it in bullet point below. I don't know when this game will release, as there is a lot of work to be done and I'm currently in the middle of a recruitment at the moment anyway, but it's definitely something I'm looking into releasing later this year.

• Mystara's world features a diverse range of cultures and locales, some of which are loosely based on real-world counterpoints at various points in time. These cultures interact with each other organically and the political landscape is much more complex than what you can find in most fantasy worlds. Every single nation has alliances, grudges, customs, and politics that are vastly different from their neighbors.
  • Mystara has no gods and, instead, has ascended beings known as Immortals who are tied to primordial forces like entropy, time, or nature. These Immortals live on Mystara's second moon and interact with the world much as the gods of Greek mythology did, meddling in mortal affairs as they see fit.
  • Mystara itself is hollow and the core of the planet is something of a magical preserve used by the saurian Immortal Ka the Preserver to house people and societies that would have otherwise gone extinct on the surface world. What is essentially a magical elevator like the one found in the Siofra Aqueduct of Elden Ring exists to allow transportation between the surface of Mystara and the Hollow World.
  • Mystara was once home to an advanced civilization of humans who ruled the nation known as Blackmoor. Their hubris led to their complete and utter annihilation and one of the last forgotten remnants of their technology, used unknowingly centuries later by the race that would become the Shadow Elves, ended up laying waste to one of the largest nations on Mystara and plunged the world into an ice age that lasted for centuries.
  • Mystara's Savage Coast region is filled with unscrupulous sorts whose economy is largely based around an ore known as Red Steel, a type of blood-red, intensely magical metal that possesses great power, but can mutate or drive weaker wielders mad.
  • Mystara's threats are myriad: the shadowy undead dragon Synn who is the chosen herald of a particularly sinister Immortal, a cunning sorceror-king known to the world as simply The Master schemes to take all of the Known World for himself, Thanatos the Prime Immortal of Entropy who works to spread the shadow of death across Mystara, an ancient Baatorian known as Zargon the Defiler who was such a threat that even Asmodeus could not kill him and instead imprisoned him in stone and shunted his prison into Mystara's universe, the expansionist warrior nation of Thyates whose legions and spies work to crush all beneath their sandaled heels, the mages of the Radiant Brotherhood stationed in Glantri whose actions are unraveling the world's magic, and the monstrous warbands united under the orc warlord known as King Thar are just a few of the bigger threats to the world.
  • Mystara has airships, although they are very rare and primarily used for wealthy nobles. One such airship is known as The Princess Ark and had an entire series of books featuring it back in the TSR days of D&D.
  • Mystara was the setting that birthed many of the monsters that have become iconic in the D&D space: araneas, rakastas, etc. It was also one of the first settings that featured classics like the beholders and illithids.
Edited by Saberfan (see edit history)

Ooo... as a BECMI player from way back, I will always have a warm spot in my evil GM heart for Mystara. I'm curious about why you want to go with Pathfinder for that game. I'm not criticizing that decision, but I always associate Pathfinder with Golarion and I have a hard time imagining it in other settings.

Yeah PF is just D&D 3.5 with the serial numbers filed off, which is pretty setting-agnostic. Obviously they added in a lot of Golarion-specific material but no more so than there is FR or Greyhawk-specific material in D&D. I think though that because so many games are APs, which are usually set in Golarion, you probably do see more of the setting.