Game-related OOC

DangerBoy

The invisibility purge will last for 16 minutes. Do you think they will just try to wait us out?

What of the defense that Kendrick set up? Did Krekie just penetrate it, or did she just not reach it?

Remember, they have very little idea of the interior of the cave, as Krekie only got to the entrance.

BTW - did anyone explore the cave to determine if there was another entrance?

Which trap are you referring to? Krekie isn’t in the cave.

somewhere here there was a discussion about sealing the cave. On my phone now so can’t find it but we determined the cave mouth is too big.

keep in mind that while Stone Shape is a great utility spell, it affects 25 cubic feet, which is roughly a 3-foot cube, or 1 meter by 1 meter by 1 meter. It actually impacts a very very small amount.

compare that with my all-time favorite 2e spell, Dig, which was 4th level and lasted 1 round/level and affected 125 cubic feet per round. In comparison, Stone Shape isn’t that great.

Yeah, I posted a couple ideas for sealing the cave (too big) and trying to make a second tunnel to sneak out of (too many unknowns).

For the time being I like letting them exhaust their spell supply while we wait.

@Lycar if you have better than a +12 to hit adjusted for all the negatives in the cave I say take the shot.

5 hours ago, Omegang said:

The invisibility purge will last for 16 minutes. Do you think they will just try to wait us out?

What of the defense that Kendrick set up? Did Krekie just penetrate it, or did she just not reach it?

Remember, they have very little idea of the interior of the cave, as Krekie only got to the entrance.

BTW - did anyone explore the cave to determine if there was another entrance?

If we wait a few more turns, Krekie will have several fewer spells from my spell crash. But none of them have entered the trapped area.

4 hours ago, DangerBoy said:

Which trap are you referring to? Krekie isn’t in the cave.

somewhere here there was a discussion about sealing the cave. On my phone now so can’t find it but we determined the cave mouth is too big.

keep in mind that while Stone Shape is a great utility spell, it affects 25 cubic feet, which is roughly a 3-foot cube, or 1 meter by 1 meter by 1 meter. It actually impacts a very very small amount.

compare that with my all-time favorite 2e spell, Dig, which was 4th level and lasted 1 round/level and affected 125 cubic feet per round. In comparison, Stone Shape isn’t that great.

My understanding is that Kendrick Stone Shaped the ceiling in the indicated area, so he could cause it to collapse on top of our opponents.

This is what Kendrick did:

Stone Shape

Kendrick can move 26 cubic feet per casting. He has seven castings.

I will leave a layer 1/2 an inch thick. He will hollow out a 10x12 area hollowed to depth of one cubic foot above the ceiling stone.

The 10 foot side will be centered on the middle of cave entrance and exten 5 feet to either side. That will give us 12 feet of hollowed ceiling extending inti the cavern.

I will find a nice heavy rock and hurl it via telekinetics to trigger the trap. Kendrick will have one casting of stone shape left. He will use that to form a chest high pit to provide himself concealment/cover while he waits to hurl the stone.

As designed, Kendrick needs to throw a rock (standard action) on his turn to trigger the trap. Also, the Storm of Souls is an instantaneous effect, so I'll take that off of the map. When Kendrick cast it, none of your adversaries were in the area of effect.

@DangerBoyWhat are the dimensions of the cave entrance?

Wall of Flame states:"Effect opaque sheet of flame up to 20 ft. long/level or a ring of fire with a radius of up to 5 ft./two levels."

Does the sheet need to be a straight line, or can it be curved?

Edited by Omegang (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Omegang said:

Edmund should probably remove himself from the Cloudkill area of effect when he gets a chance.

Definitely. Just not sure where to go exactly. Edmund needs something to hide behind to use Stealth, he can't just turn invisible after all.