Game-related OOC

DangerBoy

@Lycar Isn't it only 2 more rounds now? Go ahead, if you think it'll speed things up.

I guess you're right - our actions are going to be reactive to what Edmund does.

Duncan's at 141/171 HP.

Aranaias will channel one or two more times to get through the end rounds to get Duncan up to full HP.

And on to the next task - defeating Izenfen. This will eliminate our competition and we can loot the Roc feather from her.

I suggest that we set up an ambush here. Is there any way that we might set up an illusion of a still-living bandersnatch?

We can set up a lookout to warn of her approach - maybe one of Kendrick's relatives?

As far as concealment - Aranaias can uncork his eversmoking bottle, and the Wind Walk should still be active...

Edited by Omegang (see edit history)

Aranaias has a Greater Rod of Extend, which will double the length of time that a spell lasts. It has three charges.

On the other hand, we still have Wind Walk, which allows up to 600' of movement per round. One of us could set up in a scout (cough, cough Edmund) position up on one of mountains at the mouth of the valley. Unless Izenfen teleports her entire party, we should have ample warning of her approach.

Teleport, greater invisibility, some other stuff might work. We should probably set up our scout a few hundred yards from the cave mouth. So he isn't too far away in case she does get past.

As for the ambush, I assume the Bandersnatch will at some point reset or regenerate so the tests can be reset after someone fails but we can't count on that being anytime soon. But if it does regenerate maybe we can let her enter into combat and then hit her?

It might be enough just to set all of us up on the hillsides around the cave entrance. Izenfen will have to go at least to the cave entrance to verify the Bandersnatch's fate. That should put her at a disadvantage for a round or two even if the Bandersnatch is still dead.

Interesting. A few hundred yards are a long way to go in combat rounds though. We can just hope that Izenfen & co suck at stealth and that Edmund can beat their Perception.

So, put the Eversmoking Bottle into the dead Bandersnatch's jaw to make it look like it still breathes smoke?

@DangerBoy So should I go ahead with Edmund's confusion rolls?

Edited by Lycar (see edit history)

5 hours ago, thesloth said:

As for the ambush, I assume the Bandersnatch will at some point reset or regenerate so the tests can be reset after someone fails but we can't count on that being anytime soon.

If this was true, we would have gone through the 2nd challenge diferently.

I posted full combat rounds so you can see where you all are.

Aranaias: Is on Round 6 and has one more action to take before Edmund is not confused

Duncan: Is on Round 5 and has two more actions to take before Edmund is not confused

Kendrick: Is on Round 4 and has three more actions to take before Edmund is not confused

Edmund: Is on Round 5. Technically, he didn't do anything in his last post but make Reflex and Confusion rolls but those are free actions so he has that round to go if he likes. Then he needs to make two more confusion rolls. If the result of the roll is "act normally" he may take his actions. If he hits himself or attacks whatever is nearby, I'll make those rolls.