Game-related OOC

DangerBoy

Hey can you all please make sure your stat blocks are up to date. That includes hp and spells. Consider us in Round 6 of combat for any spells with short duration. I noticed that Edmund's still missing some hp but Aranaias did a couple of channels...

2 hours ago, Omegang said:

Next step - Aranaias doesn’t have any Summons spells.
What can Kendrick summon, and how long do they last?

Move bandersnatch to back of cave, where Duncan and several summoned creatures look like they have just completed battle.

Set up Stoneshape trap, then wait?

We should move sooner rather than later, so Izenfen does not catch us by surprise.

Summons for my spell list are rounds per CL. If we use the rod we can extend that. But that still only gives us 20 rounds-ish.

We will have to summon when Edmund first sees the other team. I think the Vanth Psychopomp will look sufficiently evil to give us the effect we need.

Don't get hit. That usually does the trick. 😉

Seriously, displacement effects with a plain miss chance are something to look into here, as the usual AC-buff stacking.

13 hours ago, parody said:

Hey @DangerBoy Iron Body has an enhancement effect, which doesn't apply since we're using Automatic Bonus Progression, right?

Correct - the Iron Body DR etc will work but the Enhancement to Str doesn't stack with ABP the same way it wouldn't stack with a Belt of Strength.

Aranaias, the bandersnatch is a gargantuan creature that is densely packed with muscle and weighs about as much as a fully-loaded 18-wheeler, so about 80,000 pounds.

So maybe we won't be moving the Bandersnatch. I could form a pit beneatb it. I probably can't bury it completely, but I could conceal it fairly well. That should work to lure them in.

I think that the bandersnatch needs to be visible to draw Izenfen in. According to the Roll 20 map, it is behind the two vents, so we have some cover there.

Should Aranaias uncork the Eversmoking bottle to provide more cover, or should we just set up the collapsing roof/walls?

I guess it's time to start hollowing stuff out, although I was thinking the floor might be easier to make work. I don't have any spells to collapse stuff, so I need their bodyweight.

On 1/11/2024 at 9:56 AM, parody said:

So the penalty to dex won't take effect too, right?

Correct.

And yes, if you want to Stone Shape the floor you could certainly move the bandersnatch corpse that way.

I think that Izenfen will have scouts to check out the cave before she enters.

if Kendrick traps the ceiling above the bandersnatch, a collapse will only catch the scouts.

I think that a trap above the cave entrance will be the most effective option.