Game-related OOC

DangerBoy

2 hours ago, Omegang said:

@DangerBoyHow much damage has the Spiritual Ally taken?

None.

Spiritual Ally

Being a construct of force, the spiritual ally cannot be harmed by any physical attacks, but dispel magic, disintegrate, a sphere of annihilation, or a rod of cancellation affects it. A spiritual ally‘s AC against touch attacks is 10.

On 4/28/2024 at 1:55 PM, parody said:

Out of personal curiosity, how do spells like Blood Crow Strike work in terms of action economy? It says it has a full round casting time - are the full round flurry of blows attacks part of that full round casting time?

There doesn't seem to be agreement on this. On the forums, I found one read of "you full-round cast the spell and then the second round you attack" and "no, the full-round action includes the spell AND the Flurry of Attacks."

Since the spell description is confusing and Jalabar is already in melee range, rather than casting the spell, Jalabar will just flurry Kendrick. All of the damage is now physical instead of half fire, half negative energy. I'll update the post.

That won't work because the sequence of Duncan moving near Kendrick and casting Dimension Door is within his turn. Edmund could ready an action, but that's only a standard.

I don't think Izenfen took much damage if any. If they spend a round buffing, we get two rounds to heal and prepare because they have to spend at least one round forcing their way out. Which will also burn an offensive spell or two from them.

Otherwise I can drop another lighting spell centered on me. I can exclude targets so the party can rush to me.

That would make is a juicy fireball or similar target....

@parody I don’t think that the Spiritual Ally’s location matters much, as it is immune to physical attacks. It can only be harmed by Dispel magic, sphere of annihilation, disintegrate, or Rod of cancellation (see DB’s note on the amount of damage the Spiritual Ally has taken)

Had I read that before my action, I would have tried a Dispel Magic on the Ally instead of Flamestrike on Jalabar

@DangerBoyCan Aranaias retcon on that action?

Edited by Omegang (see edit history)

The spiritual ally is at Kendrick's level but on the ground. It can fly. It is flanking with Jalabar right now.

Omegang, yes you can change your action.

No, Duncan cannot move into its space. It's a force construct that cannot be harmed but otherwise acts as another token (so, your enemies can move through its space). It can take Attacks of Opportunity.

@DangerBoyThe dice roller for Dispel Magic is off by 3, so my result should be 32. (My Caster Level is 16 and the roller took it as 13). Also, if the creature has Spell Resistance, add 4 to my result for Spell Penetration +2 and Elf +2.