Elysium Soiree (OoC)

TiffanyKorta

To be honest I lost most of what happened, only seeing two posts after the DM's update before the day in which I last posted but the erasing of one's posts given the first disagreement with other players because what the conversation so far suggests to have been mostly miscommunication and despite said players being very open to talking and retracting turns tells me that neither of your are really to blame. Rather it connotes that both of you acted with maturity, played your characters with sensibilities appropriate to time and place and followed what seems to an inexperienced player in the WoD like me (this is my first campaign in the system) the correct mentality for a kindred (that is, considering and being careful of everything Erico mentioned this post). From my perspective the situation is a not exactly pleasant reminder that we should talk OOC before taking IC actions that will force other characters to act and you don't have to apologize.

On the Discord matter, I agree that it could make for a faster OOC channel and would be in favor of adopting it.

Edited by Makkiu (see edit history)

I think the main takeaway here is that we all need to be aware that intent and tone can be hard to read through the internet. Especially in a setting like WoD so we need to be a little careful to communicate through all the methods available.

Connected I'm going to say that from now on if want to do something don't roll anything, just put it in the OoC and tag me. Often I'll just provide the information, I'm a big fan of giving information your characters should know, or just giving you the nod to use the official roll. I know the delay can be frustrating but that slight delay might help avoid future problems.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...