OOC for non game issues

Starhawk

This month's work will build/repair the western wall and a gatehouse to it. We will also be repairing and upgrading the buildings that are defined as housing.

image.png.f387e3a5bc8b810029b61108d4fd5f46.png

If Raziel hands out Guidance cantrips like candy during the rebuild, (+1 skill check) - Can cast 10 per minute ad infinitum - Will that speed things up or grant us any usable bonuses?

51 minutes ago, Terran said:

If Raziel hands out Guidance cantrips like candy during the rebuild, (+1 skill check) - Can cast 10 per minute ad infinitum - Will that speed things up or grant us any usable bonuses?

Not really a question for me. I don't know the economy rules. I believe Rakle and Dhemon are handling that aspect.

If the outbuildings are cannibalized, that might allow for the completion of the wall all the way around by the end of the month. Big plus for security.

We are using the kingdom/settlement subsystem building rules. Those turns are month long. Some people are working the farm lands while other others working in the smithy. Then other people are rebuilding the walls and repairing the house. It covers all of the routine day to day tasks such as cutting wood, cooking, child care, animal care, people patrolling the village, and etc are baked into the monthly turn.

It simplifies the process and bookkeeping, but it doesn't allow for micro tweaks to the time such casting guidance or cannibalizing walls. This approach also assumes that a proper wall is being built. The doors on the gatehouse would require a battering ram to be forced opened. The top of the wall would have a parapet and rampart.

Fair enough. If we prioritized the wall instead of improving housing also, could we finish the whole thing?

BTW. Garvin had Craft: Traps and Professional: Trapper skills. We can use that to shore up security around the compound or harvest food. He also has good levels of stealth and survival so he's sort of rangery but not 100%. So work that into the algorithm as needed.

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)

Based on kingdom sizes, there is a limited to the number of city improvements that can be completed in a month. We can have one a month at our size, but not everything counts as one. The first improvement of housing doesn't count towards the limit, so we did the housing and one wall.

It's all good. I'm not familiar with the rules but I was just wanting to know. Where are the rules so that I can check them out? Was it Kingmaker or somewhere else?

Hi guys

I am editing the map on Roll20 to take into account the upgrades. Not something I've ever done before. We should get something rolling over the course of this weekend.

Alright, I've finished the ugraded map. Could players please put their hp on their icons. I've made a guess at which player is which icon for the new folk.