Questions

Someone asked, so I'd better let everyone know:

Hitpoints: Max for level 1, average +0,5 - that is to say, 4 on a d6, 5 on a d8, 6 on a d10, right? - for all subsequent levels.

Obviously, this is just so I can hit you harder =)

I've updated the thing to this effect. The ... recruitment page thing.

I have finished a bard using the official site sheet, but I have noticed that others use html to make sheets directly into a thread on the site. Do you want me to adapt to this practice?

Other than that, the character is done (I think).

2 hours ago, Gris said:

I have finished a bard using the official site sheet, but I have noticed that others use html to make sheets directly into a thread on the site. Do you want me to adapt to this practice?

Other than that, the character is done (I think).

Without having seen it yet, any sheet you submit is going to be fine with me. Unless you find something surprisingly atrocious =)

I'll look over your character later.

So, with the setting being your own, I am curious about if we should know anything about tieflings if we make one. Like, are they common, are they hated, do they just pop up sometimes in otherwise ordinary human lines? Or is there a whole community or cult or something that is filled with the critters?

2 hours ago, KingGoblin said:

So, with the setting being your own, I am curious about if we should know anything about tieflings if we make one. Like, are they common, are they hated, do they just pop up sometimes in otherwise ordinary human lines? Or is there a whole community or cult or something that is filled with the critters?

Valid questions. In this world, most races can walk into town and trade. Orcs, drow, whatever. Maybe not dragons, giants, mind flayers - there are some limits, after all. But most races co-exist and trade. But there's the usual human uncertainty - or sometimes fear - around the strange or unknown.

Tieflings are common enough that most have heard about them - and there's a good chance you've seen one in the street, particularly if you live in a trade and travel hub like Ghazzad.

Being a tiefling means something affected you, or your parents. Quite possibly, one of your parents had horns, and maybe bat wings. But maybe you were conceived during a planar storm, or at some site where the veil is thin, or some spell or ritual was cast nearby. Who knows?

Anyways, tieflings breed true, so it's also entirely possible your parents were simply tieflings.

There are communities or cults of most things, races, convictions and so on. Tieflings are no different than other races in this regard.

2 hours ago, Coruja said:

Hello, good sir! Would you mind making threads that are not applications to be stick to the top? It would help organize and find stuff we are looking for.

Um. Yes! Or, actually no? No, I wouldn't mind at all. I'll see if I can do that.

2 hours ago, Coruja said:

Another question. How do you feel about the Ruined background? And the Soulknife Rogue?

I'll place a link for a free, licensed source.

https://5e.tools/backgrounds.html#ruined_bmt

https://5e.tools/classes.html#rogue_phb,state:ishideoutline=b1~sub-soulknife-tce=b1

I'm going to go with:

Soulknife - absolutely fine.

Ruined background - no. I think I'm just going to to all-in here and say Book of Many Things isn't a source for this game.

I hadn't realised it existed yet, but I see some definite power creep there, and since the original characters (or whom only one remains, but still) didn't have this power, new ones also shall not.

3 hours ago, Acromos said:

I'm going to go with:

Soulknife - absolutely fine.

Ruined background - no. I think I'm just going to to all-in here and say Book of Many Things isn't a source for this game.

I hadn't realised it existed yet, but I see some definite power creep there, and since the original characters (or whom only one remains, but still) didn't have this power, new ones also shall not.

Understood. How about the Courtier background?

https://5e.tools/backgrounds.html#courtier_scag

4 minutes ago, Acromos said:

That .. looks fine. Troublesome for me - there are so many secrets in this world, and now I'll have to share some of them. Hm.

=)

Oh, if it's troublesome, I can think of something else. Or we can have a pseudo amnesia. I haven't got the chance to write her story, but it's in my head already. She's a noble of minor importance, the daughter of a noble who already had a son. She would not get anything but her name and education. So she climbed the ladders of the court herself and secured a marriage with a loving man. Only to find out he had debts and sold her to slavery to pay it off. In the process, they hit her hard in the head, jumbling her memories. Stuff may come to her at homeopathic doses, like painful flashbacks, whenever you feel like the group should know something (or deserve it), instead of having some random npc speaking it out. Those are just ideas, like we are brainstorming. I'm up to simply change the background if you want it.

What? No. I'm kidding. I don't come up with lore just for my own enjoyment. But it does beg the question of how - and how much - to reveal, to retain the mystery of the setting.

2 hours ago, Acromos said:

What? No. I'm kidding. I don't come up with lore just for my own enjoyment. But it does beg the question of how - and how much - to reveal, to retain the mystery of the setting.

So, the question remains. Do you want her to have selective amnesia? Or can I go normal?