Questions

Is the Eldritch Adept feat from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything fine?

"Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.

Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class."

1 hour ago, Worm_that_Walks said:

Is the Eldritch Adept feat from Tasha's Cauldron of Everything fine?

"Studying occult lore, you learn one Eldritch Invocation option of your choice from the warlock class. Your spellcasting ability for the invocation is Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma (choose when you select this feat). If the invocation has a prerequisite of any kind, you can choose that invocation only if you're a warlock who meets the prerequisite.

Whenever you gain a level, you can replace the invocation with another one from the warlock class."

I'm going to go with a solid 'maybe?' here. One of my many failings as a GM is that I don't really know the warlock class. Not that it's my impression that they're somehow wildly OP.

But, can you tell me what you want from the feat? I'll say that I'm like 95% sure I have no objections.

Studying occult law... from what kind of occult is what I am thinking...

Ms. Blueblood is an Eldritch Knight... she dabbles in the occult too... what kind of occult may there be in this world ?

5 hours ago, Acromos said:

But, can you tell me what you want from the feat? I'll say that I'm like 95% sure I have no objections.

Devils Sight.

"You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet."

The only reason I took skulker was it lets you see in dim light. I am also able to cast magical darkness, so sight there would be nice.

Edited by Worm_that_Walks (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Worm_that_Walks said:

Devils Sight.

"You can see normally in darkness, both magical and nonmagical, to a distance of 120 feet."

The only reason I took skulker was it lets you see in dim light. I am also able to cast magical darkness, so sight there would be nice.

Well, I'd be a fool to start a game in the underdark and expect no one to pick something that let's them see in the dark. Accepted! Although you're literally ruining a coming location for me. Which is fine, btw, this is what RPG's are about. But expect me to be sarcastic about it when you leave the underdark, and it becomes useless :P

What is Queen Leora the saint of?
Does The former Province of Lumia also follow The Nine?
The Sahuagin are fish people, right?
How are thinking undead viewed, legally or socially, in the Empire?

Does Lumia still allow slavery and necromantic debt soldiers?

Edited by Worm_that_Walks (see edit history)

21 hours ago, DarkAngel said:

Yes I noticed you want to be like Cyclops from X-men.

I'm personally not a big fan of the Eldritch Blast cantrip...

I know the Eldritch blast doesn't give any room for creativity; however it becomes my characters main offensive ranged weapon of choice. For melee I want him to use a handaxe, and mace. His ranged weapon being a light crossbow; but remember none of our characters have equipment nor weapon's handy as they are slaves.

@DorikExcept for Ms. Blueblood... she has a whip, and will whip those non creative thoughts from your mind while you are an oarsman and she is the slave whipper !

Besides we will apparently be getting stuff early on... question is. What equipment do you want... a hand crossbow is cool.

I'm going for a Rapier, going full pirate swashbuckler mode... and she'll keep the whip of course.

Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DarkAngel said:

@DorikExcept for Ms. Blueblood... she has a whip, and will whip those non creative thoughts from your mind while you are an oarsman and she is the slave whipper !

Besides we will apparently be getting stuff early on... question is. What equipment do you want... a hand crossbow is cool.

I'm going for a Rapier, going full pirate swashbuckler mode... and she'll keep the whip of course.

My character will need to retrieve a simple melee weapon before he escapes captivity. A hand-axe with a light property is fine; fortunately he doesn't need to retrieve any spellbook and the limited spells/cantrips he does know is committed to memory. Yes, a light crossbow will come in handy even hand one; and padded leather armour.

I'm thinking of giving him some Sailor background; which will obviously come in handy; and he can summon a psuedo-dragon to scout up ahead from the air.

12 hours ago, Worm_that_Walks said:

What is Queen Leora the saint of?
Does The former Province of Lumia also follow The Nine?
The Sahuagin are fish people, right?
How are thinking undead viewed, legally or socially, in the Empire?

Does Lumia still allow slavery and necromantic debt soldiers?

She's not a saint in the catholic sense - it might be closer to the truth to call her prophet or chosen. But her title is Saint =)

Lumia doesn't follow The Nine. But then, religion is weird: There are millions of deities, small or large or tiny. Few temples are dedicated to only a single deity - in general, there are several shrines to various deities in a single temple. And it's all commercial, you pay to pray (buying incense, or whatever). And anyways, The Nine isn't a traditional religion.

Ok, maybe I should explain about The Nine. The Nine are a sequence of secret gods - their names are secrets, their priests (if there even are any) wear masks, and except for a few cathedrals in major cities, there are no places of worship. All citizens of the empire are expected to pray and bring offerings twice a year. That's it. And outside of that, the religion doesn't seem to have any following. And that's all you know =)

Sahuagin are fish people, yes. Specifically, they're barracuda people.

Deadmen are totally ordinary. 'Sentient' undead are different, here. In other campaigns, other settings, some might desire to become undead - thinking it's a way to 'live' forever. That's not the case here. And let me be clear, there is no upside to undeath. Only a splinter of a consciousness remains in a 'sentient' undead, and that splinter remembers only pain and suffering. Being undead is torture, nothing else.

Is this a universal truth? Well, as far as anyone knows, yes.

So, legally and socially, 'sentient' undead are vermin.

Lumia condemns both slavery and necromantic debt.

Hey guys, we should start talking about what would be our general goal in the game. We all have our short term, personal goals, but we must agree on a major goal.

For example, Aria's personal goal is to get revenge on her 'lovely' husband. After that, she's up to anything really. We can reclaim his land and set ourselves ruling that piece of land. We can join the Empire against Lumia. We can join Lumia against the Empire. We can start our own revolution for the oppressed or whatever. But we really should try to align our major goal.

You can settle on a goal in advance, or go with the flow. Opportunities will present themselves no matter which you chose.

Just remember that as citizens of the Empire, it's somewhat likely you see the social necessity of debt slavery, deadmen, the Black Academies (where state necromancers are trained) and so on. On the other hand, the Lumians set a different moral standard, so it's certainly not like dissent doesn't exist.