Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

So I recall Varen Tai calling this out from the side threads as there seemed to be a bit more collaboration there. So I figured I'd toss on the table a couple of concepts and methods I'm hoping to explore, as time goes on. That way if you have any objections or additions we can make sure we're on the same page so things don't get looked over and we can add more more depth to interationsJust a quick disclaimer:
I'm not implying there hasn't been depth so far, just that I think some dialogue be a tool to add depth. :)

1. prejudice, kobold, bugbear and Svirfneblin... oh my!

2. jealousy, with Yopine spending more and more time with Aly, I'm planning on having Rillik get a little jealous, despite the fact that she's been neglecting her lil Svirf.

3. lack of self awareness. Rillik represses a lot, not going to detail all of it here, but my intention is to use the cat as a proxy for her feelings to some extent. Generally it wanting to hide in a bag and be comforted, while occasionally going off to murder something to blow off steam, fits well to represent Rillik's current disposition. This scenario is fraught with the unknown and seemingly insurmountable danger, Rillik's perception of duty will generally override her feelings though. This can get tricky with others controlling the cat, but don't worry just because I'm using the cat as a proxy doesn't mean everything the cat does has to be relevant to Rillik's disposition. Open to other ideas here too.

4. duty and law. How much should be sacrificed for these concepts? What do they even mean? how much must they correlate? This maybe explored with Roland? Didn't he take part in some sort of rebellion or something? This can also be explored in the context of the whole group's mission.

5. Value of knowledge and magic, maybe? Trying to think of ideas for RP with Aly.

None of this is set in stone, but it's where I've been approaching my posting from, sometimes ideas change, inspired by what other people post, which is what makes this dynamic collaborative writing so much fun!

Yope has been dying for a good philosophy discussion; morality, duty, magic, divinity, social standings. All that would be fun for her. Riddles or trivia contests as well as long as we have a bard with us.

We could do a musical roundelay for a quick scene where we improvise lyrics?

She's not the jealous type, but it's fine if Rillik calls her out for wandering off. There's a discussion she'd like to have in Gnomish about their current situation before they all turn in, though it probably won't be as private as she'd like.

I don't think Rillik will call her out, but just that she seems to be getting closer to Aly over the past week or so... which could be a complete fabrication in her mind. She's not there yet. Just thought it might be a fun rp driver at some point.

Ohh, it definitely will be. We might want to save it for after tonight, though. It could get a little weird afterwards, in which case Svirfette might need some reassurance.

Edited by PixCO (see edit history)

Looks like I might have to return to office at some point this year. We'll see. In anticipation, I've ordered a new commuter-mount. She shall arrive on Monday...

spacer.png

... and she needs a name.

6 minutes ago, PixCO said:

Looks like I might have to return to office at some point this year. We'll see. In anticipation, I've ordered a new commuter-mount. She shall arrive on Monday...

spacer.png

... and she needs a name.

Olive... She'll take you olive the way to work and back.

She would have an amazing, if imaginary, family lineage.

spacer.png

Thanks to Richard Hammond and his second most famous car...

... And who recently picked up Olivia to keep Oliver company.

spacer.png

A little red detailing and I could see it...

20 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I thought of Svirf Cylce, but that doesn't work either.

image.png.02d5de9e74ac608634292612eb13af0a.png

Just gonna leave this here.... "ride me"

Unsee that.