Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

5 hours ago, Civit said:

I know he disappeared and that he was ally to Mieliki

And Yope doesn't even know that much, so anything more would be player knowledge. Good enough~

FYI -- I'm waiting for D'Ar's reply to Rillik. I'm guessing that would put someone beyond the range at which he provides protection, but I'd like to hear it from him. Otherwise it sounds like a good idea.

17 hours ago, PixCO said:

Mieliki was his heir, right. She absorbed his followers after he fell. Aly probably wouldn't know much about what came after?

Wait... is Shaundukal a dead god? If so, that's just my mistake because I don't know FR very well.

Did he die a long time ago, such that tiny roadside shrines would not still be standing?

5 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Wait... is Shaundukal a dead god? If so, that's just my mistake because I don't know FR very well.

Did he die a long time ago, such that tiny roadside shrines would not still be standing?

SpoilersIn the year of the Blue Fire, 1385 DR, Shaundakul disappeared without a trace during the Spellplague.

At least some of his worshipers kept the faith, with one temple outside of the city of Arabel continuing to receive pilgrims for the next century. After the magical chaos of the Spellplague subsided, Shaundakul returned to Toril at the head of a throng of displaced people and creatures, who had been lost on other worlds. He began travelling the world in mortal disguises, revealing his true identity only to his most devout followers and priests.

That's just the official word. Our campaign might differ.

There was a series about 11 years ago written by one of the Forgotten Realms authors that included him. Doesn't mean that The Helping Hand is with us, of course.

2 hours ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

Meta knowledge Aly doesn't know is he returned

20 minutes ago, Civit said:

Meta knowledge Aly doesn't know is he returned

Right, but as long as there are still shrines, WotC doesn't have to retconn his backstory.

1 hour ago, Rumrunner said:

Kobold and bugbear on the road at dawn... "should we wait for night?"

Yeah, I think Varen forgot that we travel by night when he planned our meeting on the road.

But from perspective of Ragz and Toben, it works like this: we travel by night, no problems; the first time we play to travel by day, and the dragon nearly locates us.

It would be strong evidence for traveling by night--except that the dragon technically found them while it was still dark.

46 minutes ago, Harding said:
Hey... When I think about it... it been a while since we heard of Nighteyes

Actually checked with him, and he's buried this weekend as well.