Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

7 hours ago, Varen Tai said:

Actually checked with him, and he's buried this weekend as well.

And why are you carrying around that shovel?

@Zelphas So, the half-orc walking away got retconned. The half-orc is still there, watching and listening. (And the guy playing the half-orc is busy celebrating his birthday, wedding anniversary, and wife's graduation.)

But if Torben says it's time to go, Ragz will follow (actually, he'll take the lead as scout). And getting moving is what everyone (but Ragz) is wanting to do.

So I'm not suggesting your withdraw the part about Torben wanting to get moving and walking off. But just realize that the half-orc hasn't already initiated that process.

Do wait for everyone to leave until I can post again. D'Ar will say much the same things in the earlier post, with some edits. He'll definitely pitch in before everyone gets too much farther in the conversation.

Feels like a completely random question that I should actually know by now, but when are we in the campaign year? Coming up on an Equinox or Solstice any time soon?

Third Feast or any Eleint event would fit. Uktar's too far away unless the Harpers forced them to move early. It'd explain the dog and the gnomes.

Svirfette wouldn't know about any in-game eclipses that might be coming up. Is it a Shieldmeet year?

Thanks for all the well wishes! Karyl and I had a great time without any children/grandchildren for several days up in the mountains at a nice resort. I feel refreshed!

OK, so the primary goal of this scene in my mind has largely been accomplished - the group is, more or less, traveling together with a shared goal at least for now. There will be some additional conversation needed after this post since T & R haven't actually AGREED to the proposal, but if you all want to have some additional conversation before we close the scene, feel free to discuss it here.

Since this is now more social rather than plot driven, let's experiment with ways to improve it over the last social scene. For instance, while the composition of the smaller groups will certainly vary during the day, who is walking near to whom once you get going? D'Ar will be in the lead, but who else is where? All walking close enough to listen in and intervene in any discussion? Or enough distance so that there are several silo'd convos going on?

9 hours ago, Varen Tai said:

Since this is now more social rather than plot driven, let's experiment with ways to improve it over the last social scene. For instance, while the composition of the smaller groups will certainly vary during the day, who is walking near to whom once you get going? D'Ar will be in the lead, but who else is where? All walking close enough to listen in and intervene in any discussion? Or enough distance so that there are several silo'd convos going on?

I might have to take Ragz out of the following social interaction phase of this scene. Ragz would be scouting ahead of the group, most likely accompanied by the stray black dog--unless someone is going to feed her all day long, she'd quickly grow bored traveling with the main group. Much more fun to be sneaking about with Ragz, checking out potential ambush terrain.

If someone wants to join Ragz and scout duty, he's not gonna turn down the company.