Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I thought of Svirf Cylce, but that doesn't work either.

image.png.02d5de9e74ac608634292612eb13af0a.png

1 hour ago, Civit said:

Just gonna leave this here.... "ride me"

Unsee that.

Unsee some of the rejected art concepts. Which I kept around for perfectly legitim... PERFECTLY LEGITAMITE reasons.

Yopine.jpg.6a68bc9d5463bc17ed8152481b7d5c74.jpg

EDIT MOPED NAME: Hist, Son of Mist. Both are white, noisy, and equally likely to kill me the first time I take them into traffic.

Edited by PixCO (see edit history)

1 hour ago, PixCO said:

I've always wanted a bronze 944. I was going to name it Pumba.

It's the mahogany brown metallic. I've considered repainting it, I want the garnet red metallic. But a color change repaint would probably be more than I paid for the car

Edited by Civit (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Civit said:

It's the mahogany brown metallic. I've considered repainting it, I want the garnet red metallic. But a color change repaint would probably be more than I paid for the car

I had the chance to buy one a couple decades back. But it'd been freshly painted red, and the synchro was failing in third. Pass, at least for the price they wanted. A few years before I missed out on a Mach I. Saw it early one morning, did some research when I got to work, and it was gone by the time I got back.

These days I feel guilty turning the key on anything larger than a go-cart. 90% of my driving can be done by a vehicle 1/10 the size of what I'd have to put back on the road. After spending the last few years asking myself "Is this trip really necessary?", I just want to be as small as possible.

17 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I'm with you on that point! I'm a commuter cyclist. Here's my ride: Fuji Absolute 1.9

image.png.6a144e5341779538f93588b0dde8b471.png

Once upon a time. Health isn't quite there anymore, so it was a toss-up between an e-bike and the moped.

8 minutes ago, Harding said:

I'm more a BMW kind of person, which I use often. By BMW, I mean bus, metro and walk

I WISH! No metro, and I have to drive to the nearest shopping mall to catch any bus. It's a pathetic situation, which working from home resolves for an environmentally significant portion of the workforce.

We did invest heavily on an inter-urban bike trail system that bypassed most of the heavy traffic entirely. Pretty neat, and since it got bikes OFF of the commuter routes, drivers were happy. And since the bike routes were often shorter than the drive distance, bikes were happy.

Unfortunately it's only rideable for half the year. But still, every bit helps. I'll get back to using them eventually.

1 hour ago, Harding said:

I'm more a BMW kind of person, which I use often. By BMW, I mean bus, metro and walk

My daily driver is a BMW. I'm excited about the M5 touring coming.... not that I have $120k burning a hole in my pocket.

1 hour ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I'm with you on that point! I'm a commuter cyclist. Here's my ride: Fuji Absolute 1.9

image.png.6a144e5341779538f93588b0dde8b471.png

My SiL has a bike that rivals a used car in price. But then she has done the San Francisco to LA AIDS ride like 5 times.

Game note: each long rest Roland, Torben and Ragz (those she sees as the tanks... may change after we have an encounter) will recieve a special snack bite that will last 8 hours. Bonus action, eat treat gain 3 temporary hp.

52 minutes ago, Civit said:

Game note: each long rest Roland, Torben and Ragz (those she sees as the tanks... may change after we have an encounter) will recieve a special snack bite that will last 8 hours. Bonus action, eat treat gain 3 temporary hp.

Ragz feels a sudden warm tingling sensation as Aly's disembodied controller thinks of him as a tank.

4 hours ago, PixCO said:

@Varen Tai - What's immediately downwind from us? Anything noteworthy?

Not particularly. You guys walked 20 min off the road to find a campsite sufficiently hidden that you can get away with a fire while it's still somewhat light outside. Wind probably is shifting around as well, so downwind will change from time to time.

11 minutes ago, Varen Tai said:

Not particularly. You guys walked 20 min off the road to find a campsite sufficiently hidden that you can get away with a fire while it's still somewhat light outside. Wind probably is shifting around as well, so downwind will change from time to time.

... Yopine will also be watching for down drafts for a while.

2 hours ago, Harding said:

You seemed pretty upset when I told everyone about my real identity, which is totally understandable.

Wait... what? He revealed his true identity? Did this happen in a side conversation or in the main thread when Ragz was present (and I somehow missed it)?

basically he was going by an alias, oslan or something? when he was being pressed by Rillik for being generally disagreeable and rude(she was being a treat) for not introducing himself, he slipped up... iirc.