Redemption - OOC Thread (Players only)

12 hours ago, Rumrunner said:

lol. Ragz even posted since then.

I suppose that speaks to how crazy my week has been and how sleep deprived I am. My apple watch tells me that I've averaged a little over five hours a night this month. I'll be so glad when this semester is over (just a couple more weeks!).

1 minute ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

I suppose that speaks to how crazy my week has been and how sleep deprived I am. My apple watch tells me that I've averaged a little over five hours a night this month. I'll be so glad when this semester is over (just a couple more weeks!).

I sleep in average 4 hours per night the last 5 years. The joys of fibromyalgia

6 minutes ago, Wizard of the Coat said:

star-wars-stay-on-target.gif.40fd014cf18bf0c9acce168cc503b3e7.gif

Hello fellow insomniacs! 5 hours seems to be my biological limit for some reason. Any more than that and I start hitting sleepless nights. If I keep pushing sleep past that point I end up with sleep paralysis.

But what's a little sleep deprivation insanity among fiends?

20 minutes ago, PixCO said:

Hello fellow insomniacs! 5 hours seems to be my biological limit for some reason. Any more than that and I start hitting sleepless nights. If I keep pushing sleep past that point I end up with sleep paralysis.

But what's a little sleep deprivation insanity among fiends?

Insanity actually brought more friends, which disapear once I take my pills.

Re: Sleep

I've always been very selfish about my sleep. Selfish but not greedy, mind you, since I wasn't one of those kids that slept all day or anything. I just always wanted 6+ hours and so I'd opt to go to bed instead of 'just one more turn' or 'one more episode', etc. I knew going into parenthood that my selfishness would get broken, but I've been lucky enough to have a wife that's a night owl (while I'm very much a morning person). It also helped that she left her corporate (can you say that about a non-profit??) job when the first kid showed up and took on a consulting gig that let's her set her own hours... which are all really late at night.

Three kids later and post-pandemic, we got kicked back to the office a few days a week by the governor even though we'd been gearing up for WFH-style schedules way back in 2018. Unfortunately for me, we moved just before the pandemic and now my office is 75 minutes away. So on Mondays and Fridays, it's been said that I can be a little bit groggy.

Re: Posting

I intend to respond to our little trio's scene today. But yeah, Drizzt killed your conversation like he did all those orcs back in the day.

Well, I just received physiotherapy yesterday, and for the first time in years, I slept 8 hours without waking up.

I still don't feel completely rested, but I never felt that good in while. No constant headache, nausea and cramps like usual - just slight muscle soreness because of the treatment. I didn't realize there was that much stress/knots in this body of mine.

... damn 😮

35 minutes ago, Basil_Bottletop said:

Three kids later and post-pandemic, we got kicked back to the office a few days a week by the governor even though we'd been gearing up for WFH-style schedules way back in 2018. Unfortunately for me, we moved just before the pandemic and now my office is 75 minutes away. So on Mondays and Fridays, it's been said that I can be a little bit groggy.

Oh, that one is rough. Sorry to hear. And just horrible for everyone. Don't get me wrong, I definitely feel the team disconnect working remotely, but it's just such a waste. Time, resources, breathable air. I mean maybe if someone would have told us 50 or 60... 70 years ago? Really? JFC we're dumb. If someone would have told us that's where all of this was leading maybe we'd have done something about it. Ahwell.