Questions Here!

ice9004

I haven't seen Nocturne yet but from the wiki article and your description, I would have to say Undead or Arcane bloodlines. It seems she was a vampire who was also good with magic. If you want to make an argument for something else, I'm all ears.

Edited by ice9004 (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, ice9004 said:

I haven't seen Nocturne yet but from the wiki article and your description, I would have to say Undead or Arcane bloodlines. It seems she was a vampire who was also good with magic. If you want to make an argument for something else, I'm all ears.

I think I want to play an Undead bloodline sorcerer. Thanks again.

4 hours ago, bduds2006 said:

An animist? That will be interesting to see. I've got an exemplar waiting to be played nut didn't think it would work here. Still need to get my Summoner up.

For me animist is fine, but I can't make sense of an Exemplar in this setting.

I have two silly thoughts I would like to be considered.

One would be a Pixie Summoner, they summon a dragon (which they will ride after level 2). They aren't super sure who is in charge, but the Pixie suspects that they are a former familiar or something.

The second is a transformer. Or more specifically a Metal Kineticist Hunter Automaton. They'd be a golem who acquired free will and would basically transform from a metal (or stone) cat into an armored warform.

Hey GM, I joined the site to try and join this campaign. Love Castlevania and like Pathfinder 2e.

Given the party distribution, I'm guessing that Wis/medicine is covered by the anamist, Charisma is covered by the gunslinger and sorceror (who should also have heals) and crafting by the kineticst. The party is probably missing a second frontliner and a guy who is good at Int. I'm thinking either a magus or a fighter with a lot of intelligence. Which would be cool for you guys?

P.s. I have Magus+ (which is a piece of 3pp content) which gives me the option to use a rope like a whip as I spellstrike. I think it would be incredibly appropriate for this campaign, if you allow me to use it.

I like the flavor of it but I have a mechanics question, what's the reach on this spell whip? I don't have that piece of material and 50 ft rope is a 50 ft spell strike.

"You can wield ropes as one-handed martial weapons that deal 1d4 slashing damage, have the finesse, grapple, nonlethal, reach, and two-hand d8 traits and are in the flail group. You can apply runes to ropes as if they were weapons. You do not take a circumstance penalty to your attack roll for making a lethal attack with a rope."

Looks like 10 feet to me.

I'd also like to toss my hat into the running, but I'm torn on which of my ideas fits best into the game as planned:

Idea 1: The Living Saint
-Class: Cleric or Witch (Fervor Patron only)
-Archtype: Soul Warden
-Background: either Acolyte, Field Medic, or Lastwall Survivor
-Race: mechanically either Dwarf, Halfling, Elf, or Human; but with Aasimar
-Brief Description: Healer of the living, warder of the dead, and servant of the Holy Catholic Church. Originally a nun-in-training in a nearby church before this all began, she had yet to even finish taking their vows when Dracula's Castle appeared. As the dead rose to plague the countryside and forces gathered to deal with the threat, she found her niche tending to wounded and helping to perform last rights to the dying. But when one of the higher up of the orders noticed her prayers over the wounded and dying having an actual effect, she was immediately pressed onto the front lines. Viewing this as God's will, she quickly proved both a competent healer of her wounded allies, a merciful advocate to weary civilians in need of relief, and (strangely) a living bane to all undead.

Idea 2: Cambion Malconvoker & Artificer
-Class: Wizard (Universalist or Conjuration) or Witch
-Archtype: Familiar Master or Runelord
-Background: Magical Misfit, Occult Librarian, or Wonder Taster
-Race: mechanically either Human or Elf; with the Tiefling ancestry
-Brief Description: A student of magic, crafter of mystic relics, and a dabbler in the dark arts. They is a part of a semi-heretical order of monster hunters that believe in turning the powers and weapons of the enemy against them, even if it damns themselves in the process. Like many in their order, they bares the tell-tales signs of this corruption; in their case a demonic visage, often concealed by deep hoods and the like. Tolerated at best by members of the other orders, about the only things keeping them from being branded a heretic or burned at the stake or their sheer bloody effectiveness and dark insights into their enemies. Ostensibly here for Dracula's downfall, they cannot deny that they want to raid the libraries and labs within the Prince of Shadows castle for useful books, scrolls, and magic items... to better help humanity of course... seriously... no other reasons... smile. Sadly, upon arriving in the war camp, they were practically (and at times literally) shackled to what served as the field library and made into little more than an advisor to the unified efforts. But with the disappearance of the last Belmont, they has a chance to finally get in there and show what they can really do.

1 hour ago, strange_games said:

Hey, unfortunately I'm going to need to drop out. Good luck to everyone else!

I sorry to hear that. Hope things are OK.

40 minutes ago, karsusthemad said:

I'd also like to toss my hat into the running, but I'm torn on which of my ideas fits best into the game as planned:

Idea 1: The Living Saint
-Class: Cleric or Witch (Fervor Patron only)
-Archtype: Soul Warden
-Background: either Acolyte, Field Medic, or Lastwall Survivor
-Race: mechanically either Dwarf, Halfling, Elf, or Human; but with Aasimar
-Brief Description: Healer of the living, warder of the dead, and servant of the Holy Catholic Church. Originally a nun-in-training in a nearby church before this all began, she had yet to even finish taking their vows when Dracula's Castle appeared. As the dead rose to plague the countryside and forces gathered to deal with the threat, she found her niche tending to wounded and helping to perform last rights to the dying. But when one of the higher up of the orders noticed her prayers over the wounded and dying having an actual effect, she was immediately pressed onto the front lines. Viewing this as God's will, she quickly proved both a competent healer of her wounded allies, a merciful advocate to weary civilians in need of relief, and (strangely) a living bane to all undead.

Idea 2: Cambion Malconvoker & Artificer
-Class: Wizard (Universalist or Conjuration) or Witch
-Archtype: Familiar Master or Runelord
-Background: Magical Misfit, Occult Librarian, or Wonder Taster
-Race: mechanically either Human or Elf; with the Tiefling ancestry
-Brief Description: A student of magic, crafter of mystic relics, and a dabbler in the dark arts. They is a part of a semi-heretical order of monster hunters that believe in turning the powers and weapons of the enemy against them, even if it damns themselves in the process. Like many in their order, they bares the tell-tales signs of this corruption; in their case a demonic visage, often concealed by deep hoods and the like. Tolerated at best by members of the other orders, about the only things keeping them from being branded a heretic or burned at the stake or their sheer bloody effectiveness and dark insights into their enemies. Ostensibly here for Dracula's downfall, they cannot deny that they want to raid the libraries and labs within the Prince of Shadows castle for useful books, scrolls, and magic items... to better help humanity of course... seriously... no other reasons... smile. Sadly, upon arriving in the war camp, they were practically (and at times literally) shackled to what served as the field library and made into little more than an advisor to the unified efforts. But with the disappearance of the last Belmont, they has a chance to finally get in there and show what they can really do.

Dang... that's a tough call.

I am slightly leaning toward Idea 1 as Idea 2 makes me feel he will cause a non-insignificant amount of in-character party conflict.

So, I think my sheet's close enough to done to be worth a look. I'm probably going to want to buy more equipment before the deadline, though.

Oh, and I'm not sure what to put under "strikes?" I've gathered that that's where I write the details of my attacks, and I'll want to figure out the numbers behind my unarmed attack and put those there. Am I also supposed to write down the details of my attack spells in that section? (I'm probably supposed to already know that, but if I get into this game, it'll be my first time actually playing PF2e.)

Edited by wwaugh (see edit history)