Waiting Room (Character Introductions)

spacer.png

Fixer

Health: 2 | Movement: 35 | Toughness: 11 | Evasion: 11 | Cleverness: 16 | Willpower: 18

Finishing off his second croissant as the lights switch over, Eiden gets off the table and starts making himself presentable for the work ahead. "Suppose that's that question answered. Now, do they want us to bust out of here on our own? Or is this just to get the adrenaline pumping before we start?"

Erring on the side of caution, Eiden casts his eyes about for any hidden details or clues in support of his escape theory.

OOC

Results of Alertness test for posterity - 16.

Edited by Maester1216 (see edit history)

Triage (Michelle Carver)4zkaE16A0lKrtJESaxCm--1--xcsuo.webp.cda062f27de629b463aa7ad3b07471b8.webp
Infantry: Medic: 1

HEALTH: 3/3 MOVE: 30, Perks Hang-Ups Bonds Training Scientist

Stats and Skills
STRENGTH: 2 SPEED: 5 SMARTS: 8 SOCIAL 1
Toughness: 12 Evasion: 15 Willpower: 18 Cleverness: 11

Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, German, French, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin)

Michelle looks up then to the door as she hears the sound of it locking. "I suppose it does...or it's an attack...I'll consider it the ladder for now." She says as she looks about the room for other possible entrances exits to the room. Vents, area that could be exposed to bypass the locks on the door.

Apex.jpg.0fbf396b66b78d418961387e2b90cb11.jpgJuice looked up let out an inquisitive "hmm", fished out his headlamp, and returned to working on Chirp. "They have a generator." He added with a smile, telling the others matter of factly without looking up.

Triage (Michelle Carver)4zkaE16A0lKrtJESaxCm--1--xcsuo.webp.cda062f27de629b463aa7ad3b07471b8.webp

Stats and Skills

Languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, Russian, German, French, Italian, Chinese (Mandarin)

"How astute. If we are on emergency power instead of them just turning off the room all the more reason to be on guard. Hope your hand to hand is up to par." Michelle says as she continues looking for clues as to if this is part of the test or not.

spacer.png

Emma smile at Huntsman's sarcastic comment "belief is acceptance without proof, could you image our national motto ending with -, when we'll see her- " she then laugh, the grey soldier presence and manners relax her, he radiate a sense of safety.

Another candidate arrive, Angel look at Triage who's vaguely familiar, though all Chinese look the same, she seem way too young to be a doctor but if the encounter with Billy has taught her something is to not stop at the first impression.

Everything going fine until the lights switch to emergency mode, she spring up, like before "the test!"

The tension is such she's like a violin string or a drum, there are those who think and those who act, she belong to the latter group, locking her in a room is an invite to break out.

She raid the kitchen counter, picking the cutlery that could serve the purpose and then move to the door, her high manual dexterity can be applied to other fields, beside medicine, like burglary.

Actions

Attempt an infiltration check(burglary) Commando class feature give 2 positive shifts

Name
infiltration
1d20+1d6 16,3

HUNTSMAN | Intelligence Rangerspacer.png

"Let's be sure." Tap joined Angel as she examined the door and tried to open it. He decided to lend assistanceHopefully there is room to help.

This aid can grant the leader either an Edge or 1 shift on their roll depending on the circumstances and help provided.

A character can only benefit from help when two or more characters working together would be productive - no amount of backseat driving helps when there’s only room or capability for single character to attempt the action.
if possible.

Despite the lack of real lock picking tools, using the make-shift cutlery, Angel would make a good effort especially with Huntsman ability to assist trying to listen through the door for the clicking of tumblers. Had the door been a standard mechanism the deed would have been done with the main lock. However after a bit of wiggling and a slightly bent butterknife now, it was clear the door was a bit more than it appeared. Nine locking pins had slide from the wall and into the door, securing it like a vault safe. It was also electrical making it a bit more complex a problem.

Looking around the room for vents, Triage would note the ceiling had two air vents amid the drop ceiling tiles.

Apex.jpg.0fbf396b66b78d418961387e2b90cb11.jpg"Yeah. But it's just a power outage." responded Juice as he read his wrist monitor. "Ok...I'll offer." Juice added with a sigh to apparently no one. He stood and moved to the door. "Can I have look?" he asked as he moved past the others and knelt and then pried off a small access panel. Looking at the wires he "hmmed" and "ahhed" looking for the right sequence that he could bypass and unlock and open the door.

OOC: So Juice has the repair kit he had been using to tweak Chirp. He has technology with advanced Tech specialty as a D6 and Smarts of 8. What do I need to roll if anything?

OOC2{ Yep its a door. I dont think I had a edge... unless the ADV tech specialization gave me an edge?

Edited by JagrHunter (see edit history)
Name
Tech (d8) with plan of action
1d20+1d8 9,5

spacer.png

Fixer

Health: 2 | Movement: 35 | Toughness: 11 | Evasion: 11 | Cleverness: 16 | Willpower: 18

Eiden crouches down next to Juice. "Don't suppose R2-D2 back there on the table has a bump key installed? Maybe even a code grabber to hack the door remotely? Still though, far as I'm aware there's no clock running, so take your time for now. I've got faith in you champ." Patting him on the shoulder, Eiden stands up and surveys the room and his fellow trainees

"Okay people, buddy here - what's your callsign again? Seem to have missed that - is gonna try and get the door unlocked. Still, let's take stock of the situation; does anyone see any other possible points of entry or exit? Anything here we could use to escape or might be useful down the line for this little test? We've got just the right amount of cooks in this kitchen folks, so let's beat that broth!"

OOC

I'm gonna use Plan of Action, so for a Movement Action that'll allow Juice to Shift his D6 in Tech to a D8.

Stats and Skills

Triage takes note of her surroundings walking about with the coffee cup still in hand. She feels the air from the vents in the ceiling and takes note of the items in the room itself. "Two vents. Air is still flowing through them. Angel or I could probably climb through and maybe disengage the door from the other side. Might be harder for you gentlemen, though Juices drone could also fit to to scout. Phone on the wall by the closest. Wire coat hangers, plates and glass ware could be made into makeshift sharps. Soap could be used as a blinding agent and some blankets and pillows, make a rope if need be or something else. Not sure if the appliances might be useful from their components." Moving a chair underneath one of the vents she steps up and removes the vent tile from the ceiling and places it on the floor and looks about to see which way the vent leads.

spacer.png

Emma growl at the stubborn door, what kind of madmen use this level of security for a room that has nothing of importance inside?! they did it on purpose and the woman is not amused.

She resist the temptation to kick it and make room when the mechanic come to make an attempt; while Eiden try to be helpful he hasnt earned yet her consideration, it's too early to use the word -we-

Triage does point out the phone on the wall, while she's almost certain it wont help Angel walk to it, giving it a try wont cost her anything, she check if it's working

Tap watched the young man work as Angel and he had failed. He noted that Angel was talented and shared skills. Today wouldn't be the day to show off perhaps, but knowing what she could do catalogued her as an asset.

He walked away as they worked on the door. He opened a few drawers to see if there was anything useful, then noticed the phone. "Wonder if this works." He removed it from the cradle and listened.

Picking up the phone and listening there is a odd static sound. Then a pre-recorded message started to play like something one would hear from an old numbers station. "7..... 4......4.... 11.....9......2...." There was a pause, then it would repeat. " 7..... 4......4.... 11.....9......2...."

Rummaging through a few drawers would find a small jewelers screwdriver kit, a pack of triple A batteries, duct tape, a Mag flashlight, latex gloves, tape measure, and a manual hand can-opener.

Opening up the vent at the ceiling, the duct inside goes up and back towards the wall with the clocks.

Edited by ArcaneDesperado (see edit history)

"7-4-4-11-9-2. I don't know what importance this plays but the phone is repeating it. Golf-Delta-Delta-Papa-India-Bravo... if we transfer to letters." He hung up the phone and took stock of his findings, telling the others what he had available to him.

"Those are drop ceiling tiles." He indicated the area around the ducts. "We can remove them to see where the duct work goes before crawling through them."

Edited by SoupViking (see edit history)

image.png.3943915591cf8e7ec72c369f94216b88.png

Billy bob gets up and comments, " this is a test or power outage or a Cobra attack and security locks everything down. This door looks tough and I can try to kick it down if I had something to bash it down.

Billy bob steps back and tries to shoulder the door open. " ( if that does not work then). " well that did not work If you wanna crawl into the air duc this I can boost some one up. Might be easier then using a chair. "

(OOC forgot I added 7 for my strength so it should be a d20+1d2 )

Edited by dtspurrier (see edit history)
Name
roll to force door
1d20+1d4+7 11,3