Out of Character Discussion

Butchern

Everyone, roll SAN. If you fail, lose 1 SAN and write what you dreamed last night about birds. If you succeed you don't lose any SAN, but you can still write your dream if you like. Either way, you can post yourself waking up and getting ready to go to the bank. After we get the dreams and such, I'll fast-forward us to the bank.

Is there anything else y'all want to do at the bank? Where to from here? Over to the university to dissect the bird (as matt and Laze suggest)? I'm out of town for work right now, but should be able to update as normal tomorrow night.

FYI,

On 10/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, matt_s said:

Perhaps a second examination of Broder's medical records and autopsy is in order, but I'd reckon the bird should come first.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:51 AM, Butchern said:

Broder died of a heart attack. No autopsy was performed, but [Livingston] knew his doctor, and death by heart attack, at his age, is not at all out of the ordinary. If, at some point, you have evidence that causes you to doubt what you know, you can investigate further.

When y'all are ready, we can talk what your plan might be to investigate his death.

alright, when it comes to that (if it does) we'll figure out something. Possibly just as simple as asking his personal doctor and whoever saw him last re: how he was doing. I don't know (IC or OOC) how common autopsies are in unsurprising deaths especially back then and I don't know if heart attacks are "foreshadowed" by general sickness before the lethal event.

I'm kind of waiting for us to collectively get desperate and resort to stuff like illegally exhuming him or breaking into his house but we're not near that point yet 😆

No roll is needed to find a book on the anatomy of birds, so you can perform the necropsy.

Since there was some talk earlier about the library, anyone who wants to can make a Library Use roll while you are in the library, looking for things of interest.

I could do a Library Use, but I only have 20% in it so I'd probably fail, and annyway matt_s seems to have it covered... Could I instead roll Occult to try to find and/or remember something relevant about the mythological significance of birds like the ones we keep running into?