Marqued Letters (main OOC)

dalamb

12 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

@Nameless Void I'm going to roll with your latest move and try to move us all into the same place, as your idea looks like a lot of fun. Doesn't appear that Thorvald wants to chat right now anyway.

Thorvald is in an interview. So, he's unavailable for chatting in the main. Trust me, I keep wanting to post. I've made a point of NOT reading anymore so that I don't break character and dive back in. LOL

19 minutes ago, TheBard101 said:

Thorvald is in an interview. So, he's unavailable for chatting in the main. Trust me, I keep wanting to post. I've made a point of NOT reading anymore so that I don't break character and dive back in. LOL

I had considered tossing something like the below into the IC
spacer.png

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

I am treating the interview as if the room is sealed from the inside and sound can not be heard from the outside. Also, with the shear amount of interviews, I highly doubt all of them get done in one night. So, Sven could be singing one night while waiting his turn, interviewing another night and drinking the next after. We all might check in on the same night, but who is to say that we all get to interview that same night. Anyone who has done an actual interview knows I'm right on this. If you get 50 people applying to a job, you might get a handful done that day before you are ready to say "I'm done with this!" for the night. Then you pick it up the next day, until you finish with whomever is still remaining. After a week, you keep an eye on the ones who are still around and go from there.

So, for those who are wanting to jump in, I say jump in!

Well, whenever the interview is happening, it's happening upstairs for those of us interviewing for officer positions. I suppose we could just act out what we're doing before or after the interview... Fenza would be curious enough from the noise to see what the dining hall action is all about. I just didn't want to step on dalamb's toes, regarding timeline. I suppose fast-forwarding, as though the interview were already over, would be acceptable...

Edited by Sundust (see edit history)

Re: the dart game

I went ahead with LF's suggestion for point scoring, as seems like a fair way to go about it; also means we can score it ourselves, so one less thing for dalamb to worry about.

Wasn't sure if we're doing a standard darts game where the winner is the first to reach a set point total, but it wasn't discussed beforehand and we're all sailors at a pub; I think the more drink flowing the better!

@Nameless Void was the wine being offered as part of the competition, or by 'weak booze' are you talking about the pub's own ale?

Happy to edit my post depending on what's decided

Edited by Arbuthnott (see edit history)

7 hours ago, TheBard101 said:

I didn't realise some people are holding back on the IC role-playing because they are 'currently' in their interview. It looks like just about everybody is currently having their interview as dalamb is running them all as separate threads simultaneously. There is therefore no 'time frame' around each interview.

I'm fairly sure I read something dalamb wrote earlier suggesting he was happy for us to carry on the RP and just assume it is happening around the interviews, in order to keep it all manageable. So, please don't keep holding back. Come and join the fun! 😁

1 hour ago, Arbuthnott said:

I went ahead with LF's suggestion for point scoring, as seems like a fair way to go about it; also means we can score it ourselves, so one less thing for dalamb to worry about.

Wasn't sure if we're doing a standard darts game where the winner is the first to reach a set point total, but it wasn't discussed beforehand and we're all sailors at a pub; I think the more drink flowing the better!

@Nameless Void was the wine being offered as part of the competition, or by 'weak booze' are you talking about the pub's own ale?

The wine is offered as part of the competition

Yes, weak booze is the swill that the tavern is pushing ;)

59 minutes ago, Lord Foul said:

I didn't realise some people are holding back on the IC role-playing because they are 'currently' in their interview. It looks like just about everybody is currently having their interview as dalamb is running them all as separate threads simultaneously. There is therefore no 'time frame' around each interview.

I'm fairly sure I read something dalamb wrote earlier suggesting he was happy for us to carry on the RP and just assume it is happening around the interviews, in order to keep it all manageable. So, please don't keep holding back. Come and join the fun! 😁

Well shoot. I'm not in an interview. That's a small kick in the proverbial.

Edited by Nameless Void (see edit history)

30 minutes ago, Nameless Void said:

Well shoot. I'm not in an interview. That's a small kick in the proverbial.

I wouldn't take it personally. I think there's about three left that dalamb hasn't got around to starting yet, and about 13 already in progress. It must be quite a load for him to manage; mine only has a single post each way so far.

Edited by Lord Foul (see edit history)

8 hours ago, joran1313 said:

I am treating the interview as if the room is sealed from the inside and sound can not be heard from the outside. Also, with the shear amount of interviews, I highly doubt all of them get done in one night.

Correct about not being able to hear what is going on in the interview room, with normal senses at least. But the interviews might be pretty quick for both Watsonian and Doylist reasons.

• Watson: The captain sizes up people pretty quickly and knows what she wants, and has reserved these two rooms for however long it takes.
  • Doyle: I can't manage really long interviews in the time we have.

7 hours ago, Sundust said:

I just didn't want to step on dalamb's toes, regarding timeline. I suppose fast-forwarding, as though the interview were already over, would be acceptable...

Fortunately we can all be a little vague about exactly when the interviews are happening and how they interleave with the IC conversations. Also, don't worry about needing to keep going if you're getting tired of the IC pre-game; I want to see a few of this kind of interaction, am happy to see more, but basically just want to get the flavour of how you are likely to act in-game in the IC parts and how much or how little fun it will be for me to read what you write.

4 hours ago, Arbuthnott said:

... stuff

I am delighted if you handle the dart game yourselves. Just make sure there is some minor penalty to the caster's skill for having to concentrate on the bullseye. It doesn't have to be a big deal and it's OK if you didn't take it into account for the first few posts.

3 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

Exactly.

I have a church social event shortly but hope to spend most of my afternoon catching up. But we all know how well that works out.

2 hours ago, Lord Foul said:

I wouldn't take it personally. I think there's about three left that dalamb hasn't got around to starting yet, and about 13 already in progress. It must be quite a load for him to manage; mine only has a single post each way so far.

Current status is in the roster. "interview pending" means exactly this - I am still learning how to balance the very necessary application posting with Real Life. Plus unexpected "bonus real life" incidents like my hip glitching for a couple of hours leading to not wanting to climb down the stairs (it's better now).