The Purple Dolphin Inn

dalamb

Gatto Von Mëoita

image.png.b69b154ee4d1a8fb1cbe819cf83193ce.png.e897b965c14aa0bf0215d2288200dacf.pngGatto Von Mëoita HP: 144/144 Saves: Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 10 AC: 27, 24(touch), 23 (flat-footed), Init: +4
Speed: 40'|Climb 30'|Swim 30' Skills: Bal 17, Climb 21, Hide 28, Jump 22, MS 36, Spot 32, Tumble 24, Swim: 19
Active Invocations:
All-Seeing Eyes, Call of the Beast, Devil's Sight, Leaps and Bounds, See the Unseen, Spiderwalk

The tiny sized Gatto purred at the woman named Erika and he rubbed his tiny body against her leg, circling it once or twice before heading back to the table, hopping up onto it, he allowed himself to shift back into his catfolk form.

"I hunts mices and rats on the Swift Vengance for my Master." he says, "I want to hunts bigger things, so Master said I need to intermew like all these not fuzzies." as he waves at everyone in the crowd. "But there still might be spies, spies who want to get hired and hurt Master, I must protect."

"I keep ship food safe and makes sure crew clean." he adds, "I'm good Gatto."

Lastanor Nightwater

SahuaginDDtransparent.png.25eb0739bea280163e7e1e369828781c.pngIn response to Trask's question, Lastanor crossed his arms and tilted his head.
"Hard to say...about the speech, I mean. Whatever this spirit is, it tends to communicate moreso in visions and feelings rather than in words. Perhaps they are incomplete somehow, some manner of vestige."
He uncrossed his arms and waved them in a shrug, while at the same time the strange wisp returned to him, lazily circling around the sahuagin's head.

Mentally rewinding the conversation in his head, Lastanor smiled at Trask's request, "Abandoned temples are far and few between, but I would be happy to bring you along if I do find one. I'm actually here looking for volunteers to dive down to the pitch black depths of the sea with me in search of lost treasures. Brave adventurers and daring privateers tend to overlap, so..."

Doing the arm-wavy shrug again, Lastanor looked down the stairway, before raising his hood again to conceal his fishy features.
"There really are a lot of people down there." he muttered, "I wonder where...what was his name? Lothar. I wonder where he's gotten to. I think he was interested in the dark depths as well?"

Mechanics

Quotara

9nsSI4a.jpeg.c455d26043630e145762439804aa245e.jpegQuotara Windswept HP: 80/80 Saves: Fort 9, Ref 15, Will 6 AC: 32, 32(touch), 23 (flat-footed), Init: +8 Speed: 40'|Climb '|Swim 70'
Skills: Bal 21, Climb 21, Hide 26, Intimidate 18, Jump 19, Geo 15, Listen 13, MS 26, Perform 16, Search 24, Spot 20, Tumble 24, Swim: 19

Raising her hands she looks to Dorian and shrugs. "No magic here beyond that held within my relics. Some might call my skills beyond normal but just practice and discipline and effort, not magic." She gives him a smile showing no hard feelings about her lack of such talents.

Actions

Hide this

Edited by whitelancer (see edit history)

Trask

spacer.pngTrask considered Lastanor's explanation of his spirit's communication. "Hmm, if it doesn't speak a language then I don't think Lux can talk to it. That's a shame. I'm sure it would have some really interesting stories to tell!" He imagined the spirit being able to see the future or, if it was a vestige of something, maybe share the wisdom of the distant past.

The lizardman beamed a toothy grin at the prospect of joining an exploration team to search abandoned temples or even the deep sea for lost treasures. "Count me in!" he exclaimed, enthusiastic at the idea. "Dark depths don't scare me! Dark places are just waiting for someone to bring them to light, right Lux?" he nudged the floating orb beside him in a friendly gesture. Lux's glow shone a little brighter for a moment as it agreed. "Yeah!"

The little archon was intelligent and capable of speech but its thoughts and emotions were simple and straightforward and it tended to speak minimally unless the situation called for it. A full sentence from Lux was a rare occurrence and meant it had something important and complex to say. Trask had learned to take notice whenever it spoke in detail.

spacer.pngTrask perked up at the mention of another new name. "You know other people here?" he asked curiously, eager to meet more new friends. "What's Lothar like? Is that him?" The lizardman pointed to the powerfully built, tatooed man observing the crowd from the bar. "He looks interesting. I bet he has a few tales of distant shores and life at sea!"

With the impression that Lastanor intended to head down into the common room as well, Trask made his way downstairs and set a course through the crowd towards the mysterious stranger. Being a bit shorter than most of the people around him, the young lizardman nearly got turned around once or twice but he soon found himself staring up at the quiet man with the sharp eyes. "Hello! I'm Trask," he said brightly in greeting. "You have more tattoos that anyone I've ever seen! What do they mean?" he asked inquisitively, not even considering the meaning of one's tattoos might be a personal question. Hopefully the big man would not be offended.

As Rib Lilysinger ascended the stairs of the Purple Dolphin, the lively chatter and anticipation of the crowd below faded into the background. With each step, Rib's heart raced with excitement and nervous energy. The tales of Captain Melara Zentaru's exploits had filled Rib's dreams, and the chance to join the crew of the Swift Vengeance was a dream come true, a siren's call they couldn't resist.

Arriving at the top of the stairs, Rib entered the small anteroom where the gorilla-like hadozee, Garth Stormchaser, awaited. With a confident stride, Rib approached the desk where Garth sat, his tricorn hat adding an air of authority to his demeanor.
"Name?" Garth inquired, his gruff voice cutting through the bustling atmosphere.

"Rib Lilysinger," Rib replied with a grin, their amphibian features glowing enthusiastically. "And what skills might ye have that would suit a fine ship like the Swift Vengeance?"

Rib leaned against the desk, tapping their fingers in a rhythmic pattern as they considered Garth's question. "Well, Garth, I'm not just your average sailor," Rib began, their voice carrying a hint of mischief. "I'm a bard, first and foremost, with a talent for weaving magic through music. My skills are not to be underestimated."

Garth raised an eyebrow,

"Aye," Rib confirmed with a nod. "I can enhance the abilities of our crewmates with a simple melody, boosting their strength, agility, and resolve. And if anyone should find themselves wounded in battle, I have the skill to mend their wounds and restore them to fighting form."

Garth nodded. "But that's not all," Rib continued, a mischievous glint in their eye. "I'm also a skilled scout, nimble on my feet and deadly accurate with a bow. Whether it's navigating treacherous terrain or taking down enemies from afar, I'm your frog for the job."

"But most devastating of all I can Control Water itself," pointing to a glass of water it swirls into a whirlpool, and it makes a loud sucking sound, "imagine a whirlpool 80ft wide, or a wave 16ft tall"

image.png.6973f5004ee02c050e1e0dbc9ecac53b.png

Sitting down to wait his turn, he decides to sing a tune to life everyone's spirits, but not so loud as to stop conversation.

(Verse 1)
In a world of waves and salty air,
A frog named Rib with courage rare.
Set sail with his heroes bold,
On a ship of tales yet to be told.

(Chorus)
Yo ho, the frog and his crew,
Battling the octopus, a fearsome view.
With hearts so bold, and spirits high,
They'll conquer the sea, under the sky.

(Verse 2)
The ship rocked on the rolling sea,
Rib and his heroes, a jolly decree.
The moon above, a guiding light,
As they sailed into the treacherous night.

(Chorus)
Facing the octopus, tentacles slew.
With swords in hand, they'll stand tall,
Braving the storm, conquering all.

(Verse 3)
The octopus rose from the depths below,
Its eyes ablaze with a menacing glow.
Tentacles thrashing, a watery dance,
But Rib and his heroes stood a steadfast stance.

(Chorus)
Striking the octopus, a courageous crew.
With every swing, and every blow,
They battled the beast, to the ebb and flow.

(Bridge)
The ship creaked, the waves crashed high,
Thunder echoed through the sky.
But Rib and his heroes, undeterred,
Fought for honor, their vision unblurred.

(Verse 4)
As dawn approached, the battle grew fierce,
Rib's heroes wielding swords and a pierce.
The octopus, weary, began to retreat,
Rib and his crew tasted victory sweet.

(Chorus)
Triumph over the octopus, a valiant crew.
With cheers and laughter, the ship sailed on,
Rib and his heroes, their adventure not gone.

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)
Name
Perform (singing)
d20+19 11

20 hours ago, Steel Warrior said:

Rubbing against Dorian's leg, "Meow." looking up, "Spiess, spiess everywhere, not goods to do or says too meowch."

Sitting on Dorian's tip of his foot, he can feel the full weight upon it, slowly increasing to over 400lbs, then he stands up again and walks around his legs back to his playful self. Then repeats, "Show offs to Captain not pretty ladiess."

Dorian5.jpg.2e9ac2426229babe0668710a7bb9411b.jpg

Dorian Hawkwind

"Me....OWW!" cries Dorian as he feels the full weight of the fatcat on his poor foot. He hops around the table clutching his boot with both hands, rubbing to get the blood circulating again, while the others make varying attempts to conceal their obvious mirth.

"A low blow, Pussfellah! But we're not all as worried about spies as you seem to be. We all have our parts to play, and roles that suit our individual talents. I thought it would be good to learn a little more about what each of us might be bringing to the ship. Who knows when that knowledge might be just what we need to help coordinate our efforts." 🙂

"But if you want to show off to the Captain, there's an Iverinan spy in the dining hall trying to join the crew. I spotted them earlier... because I bothered to check for them... but if you can find them you can take the credit with the Captain, and with no ill feelings from me." 😀

Gatto and Dorian

Were she to be truthfully honest, she wasn’t sure what exactly to make of Gatto, and more data points did not seem to make the point any clearer. The feline seemed to have a childlike sense of speech, though she knew that language was not a particularly great measure of intelligence. She thought as she tried to put together an exact understanding on how to treat him and decided to treat him much like one would a child, and hoped that it was for the best. “That sounds like a very important job. That the captain trusts you to keep her ship safe of foul rodents speaks highly of your skills.” Erika said before she took a small sip of her ‘ale’, savoring the taste of pears. 

Her attention shifted to Dorian who seemed to be in a good deal of pain and discomfort from having the large cat walk across his foot. “I am not a sawbone, but would you like me to take a look at your foot?” Erika offered as she leaned back against the table. “But I can confirm that nothing is broken. Or I could probably see if there is a surgeon’s bonesaw and we could see about getting you fitted for a wooden peg leg?” Erika said, attempting to poke a little bit of fun at Dorian’s expense.

Gatto Von Mëoita

image.png.b69b154ee4d1a8fb1cbe819cf83193ce.png.e897b965c14aa0bf0215d2288200dacf.pngGatto Von Mëoita HP: 144/144 Saves: Fort 12, Ref 10, Will 10 AC: 27, 24(touch), 23 (flat-footed), Init: +4
Speed: 40'|Climb 30'|Swim 30' Skills: Bal 17, Climb 21, Hide 28, Jump 22, MS 36, Spot 32, Tumble 24, Swim: 19
Active Invocations:
All-Seeing Eyes, Call of the Beast, Devil's Sight, Leaps and Bounds, See the Unseen, Spiderwalk

While the others are talking the shiny spirit ball thing draws his attention as he watches it flutter about, the urge once again is strong, but his years of discipline have prevented him from taking action. He is then delighted by a strange froggy man who begins to sing, and the singing was not croak. Gatto was impressed, but his attention is soon turned back to the conversation and his attention remains focused for the moment.

Gatto smiled as the woman named Erika acknowledges his prowess, "Yes, Master very pleased, gives me pets." he says. As he looks at Dorian he squints his eyes at what was said regarding spies already in the tavern, "Of course I know of spies, that'sss why Gatto warneded you to keep secrets secrets, but shifty blonde man like to braggs so much, tries to be sweet talking ladies." he adds.

"I thinks the thing humans likes to say, pissing contests?" he smirks as he remembers the crew members bragging to each other back on the ship. "I pee too, but crew get angry when I do it."

He stands up though and pat his waist, "I can tinkle now like yous two legss." he says proudly.

"I no break foot, that would make Gatto bad kitty." he thoughtfully added at the end. "Unless Master says so."

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Dorian5.jpg.2e9ac2426229babe0668710a7bb9411b.jpg

Dorian Hawkwind

(Erika)

"You are very kind, my lady, but I don't believe any lasting damage has been done, except perhaps to my pride." ☺️

He laughs at her pegleg joke, but his face turns serious as the cat continues to hurl insults at him and even threatens to urinate in the inn.

"Enough," he says to the cat. "Your behaviour is no better than a common alley cat. If you have taken umbrage with me, it is of no consequence, but you go too far with this disgusting display in front of these ladies. Begone, cat! Go and chase some mice... or spies... but somewhere else, if you please!"

Gatto Von Mëoita

Active Invocations:

Gatto just stood there and licked his paw, "Blonde man talk too much, I take nap now."

Gatto turns into his cat form, hopping off the table, he rubs himself against Erika legs, who has obviously respected his prowess as a mouser and walks up the support beam until he finds a comfortable spot on the rafter, he dusts the spot off, allowing it to fall down around Dorian. Gatto then lets out a yawn and curls up into a ball and closes his eyes.

Edited by Steel Warrior (see edit history)

Quotara

9nsSI4a.jpeg.c455d26043630e145762439804aa245e.jpegQuotara Windswept HP: 80/80 Saves: Fort 9, Ref 15, Will 6 AC: 32, 32(touch), 23 (flat-footed), Init: +8 Speed: 40'|Climb '|Swim 70'
Skills: Bal 21, Climb 21, Hide 26, Intimidate 18, Jump 19, Geo 15, Listen 13, MS 26, Perform 16, Search 24, Spot 20, Tumble 24, Swim: 19

At watching the action unfold Quotara has to turn her head slightly and covers her mouth, mostly managing to contain her amusement but working it back down. It would not due to cause further friction between possible crewmates or worst subordinates.

However she will slip back into the shadows and creep downstairs, sticking to walls, crawling low, almost completely disappearing from sight as she checks this rumor of an Ivrina spy. Reaching up she touches a hat that appears under her hand, then shifts, her hair turning red and her skin gaining color and losing scales, her clothes shifting to a long dress changing her appearance from fishy sailor to fully human lady of the night to further disguise herself.

Stalking the crowd she moves being both seen and unseen, fading back out of cous as her skills in sleath keep her from being focused on or seen, but not allowing others the same privilege of annonoimity, her currently green eyes scanning faces, looking for twitches, ticks, reflexes, motions as if she can read directly into their thoughts as she seeks out the one out of place.

She had studied everything she could find, spoken to defectors and prisoners, read journals and papers about them, not it was time to put her efforts to the test to seek out the one hiding here.

Actions

Detect thoughts extraordinary action

Lord FoulWhat spy are you speaking about? I will go back and reread the ic posts but I believe I missed that.

Edited by whitelancer
Added actions (see edit history)

image.png.1176f5dc6563d3dbe3dde76ebcbbe659.png

(Chorus) Oh, we're a ragtag bunch of sailors, lookin' for a job, you see, In the upstairs of this pub, where the ale flows wild and free. With Rib Lilysinger leadin', and a crew you won't forget, We'll sail the seven seas, me hearties, and earn our daily bread!

(Verse 1) Dorian Hawkwind, tall and fair, With magic in his blood and wind in his hair. A fighter and sorcerer, a sight to behold, He'll strike down our foes with spells untold.

(Chorus) Oh, we're a ragtag bunch of sailors, lookin' for a job, you see, In the upstairs of this pub, where the ale flows wild and free. With Rib Lilysinger leadin', and a crew you won't forget, We'll sail the seven seas, me hearties, and earn our daily bread!

(Verse 2) Althea Whirlgrazer, a centaur maid, With auburn hair and eyes that blaze. A fighter of great skill, with hooves that pound, She'll charge into battle, with courage unbound.

(Verse 3) Ħraan Evermeer, a druid so wise, With monkish skills that mesmerize. She'll channel nature's power, with strength divine, And protect our crew 'neath the pale moonshine.

(Verse 4) Thorvald Hrolfson, a paladin bold, With a beard of gray and a heart of gold. A ranger of the wilds, a cleric devout, He'll guide us through storms and vanquish doubt.

(Verse 5) Bart Môrbrennin, a goliath fierce, With tattoos that tell of battles near. A cleric and barbarian, with strength untamed, He'll protect our ship, with honor unclaimed.

(Verse 6) Flavinia "Vinnie" Calutio, a lady of song, With red hair that flows, and a spirit strong. A bard and fighter, with tales to tell, She'll lift our spirits, through heaven and hell.

(Verse 7) Lastanor Nightwater, a wizard and ranger bold, With magic and skill, his stories unfold. He'll navigate the depths, with wisdom rare, And lead us to treasures, beyond compare.

(Verse 8) Lothar Heirutsson, a bard and shaman true, With blond hair and tales, he'll charm me and you. He'll sing of our adventures, with words so grand, And unite our crew, across sea and land.

(Verse 9) Adalmar Skimwave, a dwarven ranger strong, With sun-bleached hair, he'll right the wrongs. He'll track our enemies, through mountains and glades, And guide us safely, through sun and shades.

(Verse 10) Vaeril, a rogue and hexblade dark, With scarlet headband, he'll make his mark. He'll weave his spells, with shadows deep, And safeguard our secrets, when others sleep.

(Verse 11) Sven, a pixie rogue of cunning wit, With brown hair and eyes, he'll never quit. He'll sneak and he'll scheme, with tricks up his sleeve, And outsmart our foes, 'til they beg and believe.

(Verse 12) Firenzabella Sendarine, an Andaroni fire elf bright, With emerald eyes and hair of light. A wizard and cleric, with magic's grace, She'll light our way, through time and space.

(Chorus) Oh, we're a ragtag bunch of sailors, lookin' for a job, you see, In the upstairs of this pub, where the ale flows wild and free. With Rib Lilysinger leadin', and a crew you won't forget

Edited by bloodsprite (see edit history)
Name
Perform (singing)
d20+19 6

Manny

Harpooner.png.c8711a8d655ae1c088aa6f0213263230.png
"A calm sea does not make a skilled sailor, nor does an easy fight make a true warrior."

Manny's gaze lifted to the chorus of the singing frog folk, their verses filling the air. It struck him, the sheer diversity of beings gathered here, seemingly far from the human-dominated world he knew. Doubt flickered in his mind as he tallied the humans present, then compared them to the vibrant array of other species.

Amidst the melody, a familiar name resonated through the tavern—Althea Whirlgrazer. A jolt of recognition surged through him; could she truly be amongst this eclectic crowd? Rising from his seat, the stool scraped loudly against the floor as he stood, trying to pinpoint her in the sea of faces. The bard wove more names into his tune, names Manny didn't recognize, showcasing an intimate knowledge of the crowd's stories. A curious thought crossed Manny's mind—would his own deeds find their way into the bard's verses? And if so, how would his name be immortalized in rhyme?

Frustrated by the throng, Manny hoisted himself onto the stool for a better vantage point, muttering, "Bah, there are too many," as he scoured the room once more, caught between curiosity and the bustling life of The Purple Dolphin.

ooc, mechanics

Sven

Sven.png.a51d218807e0799d6405f6f3d17a2604.png

As the frog has taken his place on the stage, Sven is entranced by his song and wit. Bringing a couple of extra mugs of ale to the stage, he hands one to the frog.

"Now that is something else! A true master of wit and song. One who really knows how to use their tongue! Have a drink on me!"

bariaurfemalecrop.jpg.7ad5343b6fda485a637cd8b35fc7fa71.jpg

Althea

With Lothar taking a backseat, Althea is content to people-watch, delighted with the antics of the strange cat and the grizzled kobold with its claim to dragon-hood. The song by the vodyanoi - not that she would know what that is - calls her attention to the discernible motley of applicants gathered. Perhaps the captain passed a note to Garth with Althea's flock name, and perhaps Rib spied the list and had a decent time to observe everyone, nevertheless his knowledge seems uncanny. Or was that merely the nature of those who master the bardic trade?

The bariaur raises her mug to her mouth, feeling an excitement bubble up that she barely knows what to do with, when she spots a familiar face on a sailor whose stoic contemplation all but hides him among the rest of the humanoid lot relaxing in the room, were it not for his exotic tattoos. Had a few not been taken along by Rib's song and split to join the chorus, she may never have noticed her friend among them.

The sound of animal hooves hitting the hardwood floor herald Althea's movements as she crosses the room.

"Excuse me? Manny? Thank the gods, a familiar face at last! I thought I recognized those tattoos."

OOC: FYI: Althea left only recently, but she might not have seen Manny for a week or two. If you want a name for your tribe, I think you might be free to make it up.
It's plain to see where Bloodsprite is getting his bardic inspiration! Good show, Mr. Toad.